Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Merlin820
    Started by Merlin820,

    .........switch the shredder on and the 'Full' indicator lights up. Those small, almost insignificant events that sometimes spark a complete overreaction! What are yours?

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 887 views
  2. Hawk1546081047
    Started by Hawk1546081047,

    ...and left Facebook. I'm loving it, it was becoming dangerously addictive and would seem increasingly pointless. Maybe I'm just a grumpy old git but most people's status updates actually annoyed me. Anyone else done this??

    • 10 replies
    • 602 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  3. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Programme on BBC1 now about cycling on the road in Britain and how dangerous and confrontational it can be... could be a good watch.

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 2.6k views
    Griffin1546081308
  4. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245303/Thats-nuts-Prime-Minister-hires-plane-700-000-trade-mission-jaunt-London-New-York-Brazil-again.html - So Cameron wants to waste £700,000 on hiring an A340-400 for 57 people, costing the taxpayer. BA have an A318 converted for Atlantic crossing, which could have been hired for less than half the cost of an A340, or as someone commented, he could have gone by scheduled flight and saved £600,000. Yes Dave, we are all in this together, but some are more in it than others. I can just imagine Sham Cam, ''I don't want to be seen in a small plane, I want a big one''.

  5. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244548/Sam-Billie-Faiers-plead-judge-stepfather-sentenced-4-years-prison-1-1m-bullion-heist.html - thats about the corniest plea for leniency I have ever heard, ''he was helpful in their shop''. I can just imagine the Judge thinking, 'well I can't send him to prison because he is helpful in their shop'. Mind you, the brain power of Sam and Billie is probably less than an I.Q" of minus 10, added together, so we shouldn't expect too much of them.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 619 views
  6. LankyDan
    Started by LankyDan +,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83g2n5I8pv8

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 417 views
  7. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    Just had to report this to your control room: http://www.ebay.co.u...8#ht_500wt_1156 Don't know if it is 'OBSOLETE' or not but I am concerned that someone could use it for impersonation. THOUGHTS?

      • Like
    • 125 replies
    • 13.4k views
  8. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9732038/Boris-Johnson-and-Michael-Gove-join-new-Tory-campaign-group-to-push-for-same-sex-marriage.html- surely there are far more important things for HMG to be worrying about, like the economy, unemployment, the national debt, etc etc. IMHO same sex marriage comes a long way down the list of government priorities, or it should do. This is all about Sham Cam and his MODERN Britain ideas, trying to make himself popular with all.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 543 views
  9. Weird Beard
    Started by Weird Beard,

    Hello again everyone, and welcome back to old friends. Yes its me, back as promised after a few years hiatus (nothing dodgy I assure you - work related). I've said hello to Penb, M and Croberon on M's gladiator thread but didn't want to hijack it so started this one. Just wanted to know how everyone is (too many to name) but its nice to see most are still here, Mav22, Old Africa ..... et al. And hello to new members. Mainly I hope everyone is ok and I look forward to the usual good humored, sophisticated, educational conversations we have on here !!! :D :firefirefire:

  10. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Folks Since the latest update we have had a few reports from members that they were unable to view beyond the first page on the forum app TapaTalk. This issue has now been fixed and we believe from our testing that TapaTalk is fully functioning again. If anyone notices any issues can you reply in here. Thanks Bakes

    • 0 replies
    • 511 views
  11. General Purpose
    Started by General Purpose,

    As I'm scrolling through the masses of things on ITVPlayer; iPlayer; 4od and Demand 5 I finally picked something to watch - 'Minder'. Not many people may remember it, especially people who are in their early 20s but here is a link to it: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=320194 There are also things like: 'The Professionals' and 'The Sweeney'. All three were set around the same time and, on occasions, you'll see people from each show, performing different roles, in other shows. To me... The older shows are better than the new ones. No/limited technology, no massive blood baths and simple, easy to follow comedy/dramas.

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 648 views
  12. 37240932704982
    Started by 37240932704982,

    Well guys and girls... as you all know the Christmas holidays are fast approaching (duh) ... Is there anything you'd LIKE to be or ARE doing with family/friends? - If not, (doubt that, but you never know) How would you spend your 'dream' Christmas holiday?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 773 views
    Administrative Account
  13. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241578/Prescott-threatens-gag-business-probe-links-China.html Obviously Fat John, or Two Jags has something to hide if he wants to take out an injunction. He is still smarting over the fact he didn't get the PCC's job in Humberside.

  14. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244100/Starbucks-caves-pressure-promises-pay-20m-corporation-tax-years-handing-past-three.html- good news for HMG Revenue, they are going to get more tax from Starbucks,. Margaret Hodge is the biggest hypocrite going, she has shares in her brothers company, which hardly pays any taxes, but she doesn't mention that.

    • 0 replies
    • 619 views
  15. kenworthy
    Started by kenworthy,

    I am sure it has come to all our attention that some on Oracle would prefer it if Twitter Facebook never existed. I have read some think that those who use these sites are cretinous, or at best flakey. I am thou one of those in favour of the two sites. Well ok one of them, Twitter, I know nothing at all about FB. Both thou I am sure can be used for good rather than some of the inane ramblings we have seen this week. Considering this is a Police site, I will endeavour to create my argument in favour of these sites from a Policing point of view. Police now round the country are on Twitter, attempting to "Spread the word" which from what I have heard has some ways been …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.