Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. Mikeh2000
    Started by Mikeh2000 +,
  2. Rawroyal741546082828
    Started by Rawroyal741546082828,

    Hi Im just about to complete the said test on Apollo assessment, is there any up to date books that could help me guide through this test as it needs quite a high score and would like to know what sort of questions are going to be asked. Thanks in advance..

    • 0 replies
    • 308 views
    Rawroyal741546082828
  3. BaldingDad
  4. Cookie
    Started by Cookie,

    Help; wondering as I know serving police officers can't give references to join as a SC I've asked my SGT and is on the app but would PCSO's be able to give them as I've worked with a PCSO for almost all my shifts and we know each other quite well so he would be perfect!! Anyone got any ideas about this?? Many thanks!!

    • 3 replies
    • 403 views
  5. Ears
  6. BaldingDad
    Started by BaldingDad,

    Firstly Hi there. This is a first post warning! I am currently going through the online stages and while I have one test to go, I am beginning to wonder how long the average process takes. I have had a look at the training dates posted on previous topics and am guessing that it will either be August/September or next Jan. Am I correct? Also I am looking to be based in South Somerset, is this possible or does the force locate you where needed (if successful)? Many thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 638 views
  7. Cookie
    Started by Cookie,

    hi i have recently passed all of the online stages with Avon and Somerset and is now on the written application part pf it is computer filled in ( im guessing from the Apollo assessment stages) and the rest is left blank do i hand write it in or type the answers in? ? many thanks in advance Dan

    • 4 replies
    • 433 views
  8. Thomas_H
    Started by Thomas_H,

    Hi all, I'm due to attend my second sc interview in just over a week, and I have been prepping for quite some time now. In my previous interview I failed on certain scenario based questions around situations of conflict. At present I feel fully prepared for anything that they will throw at me. However, I still feel a bit uncertain with this particular topic and I'd hate to fail my interview a second time. I was hoping that someone would be able to offer me some tips in regards to the sort of things that they are looking for in situations of conflict? If someone could help me I'd be really grateful

    • 1 reply
    • 661 views
  9. lacunaover
    Started by lacunaover * ,

    Hey guys, I have an assessment tomorrow with avonmouth and somerset police for communications operator and was just wondering if you have anymore information on the job details and what it includes as the actual job description is VERY minimal! Also, what would the assessments be if any of you have recently gone through them? If you have any useful pointers it would be greatly appreciated ! (Sorry! I have posted this twice as i wasn't sure if it would be best here or in the specific force!)

    • 1 reply
    • 279 views
  10. lacunaover
    Started by lacunaover * ,

    Hey guys, I have an assessment tomorrow in portishead for communications operator and was just wondering if you have anymore information on the job details and what it includes as the actual job description is VERY minimal! Also, what would the assessments be if any of you have recently gone through them? If you have any useful pointers it would be greatly appreciated !

    • 0 replies
    • 430 views
  11. Hoofing
  12. Sharman99
  13. Lego
  14. Chief Cheetah
    Started by Chief Cheetah,
  15. Hg7196
    Started by Hg7196,

    Hi guys, just received an email with training dates of the next course. Subject to the few remaining parts of the process hopefully I'll be on this one! Anyone else on here going for this course?

    • 26 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.