Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    So I was reading through some of your threads down here in sunny Somerset and found mention of a pool radio locker. Is this current behaviour for A&S - are Radios pooled or personal issue and are they Motorola/Sepura? If pooled, how is the management of them issued - do you just grab one and radio up to say "this is the radio I have" or is it an electronically managed system that you "book" a radio for your shift and it attaches your shoulder number for P2P purposes? If considered OpInfo, please PM!

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 822 views
  2. Ears
    Started by Ears,

    Hi all, Rumours look like they have been confirmed! Lots of stations closing across the area! What's the plan with moving officers etc and more particularly special deployment?! http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-27194465?SThisFB

    • 1 reply
    • 499 views
  3. SCBravo
    Started by SCBravo,

    Hi I've been a long time observer of these forums but haven't actually posted anything before! I have been a Special in Wiltshire for about 6 months, however have recently moved to the Bristol area for work. Does anyone know of the chances/process of transferring to A&S (especially given that they have just closed recruitment for Specials)? I have emailed recruitment but am still waiting to hear back from them. Just wondered if anyone had been through the process and could shed any light (time scale, interview, extra training etc.?) Thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Threestripes
    Started by Threestripes,

    To follow on from the introduction of the national rank structure all S/Sgts and above will have a PDR commencing April 2014. Positive move to develop leaders and hold them to account or administrative burden ? Discuss.......

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 649 views
  5. Ears
    Started by Ears,

    Hi all, How many specials or regs carry a multitool on them? Be it a leatherman or a gerber! I carry one in my day job and was wondering how many use theirs on duty and for what! I'm aware of the law so was interested where the Police stood on this!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 750 views
  6. cookiemonster
    Started by cookiemonster,

    Do these still get issued or were they ever? You see them on the box and I would have thought these might be more practical than the shirt and tie? What happened to the NOVEMBER 2011TRAINING discussion aswell? Its disappeared yet again....!! You go away for a couple of weeks holiday and it all changes...it was going so well too!!

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 4.3k views
  7. swcruise2
    Started by swcruise2,

    Hello, can anyone tell me how long the uniform fitting takes roughly? And where is it to? Portishead where everything else is to? Thanks Edited: Topic Title

      • Like
    • 178 replies
    • 23.1k views
  8. BLS
    Started by BLS,

    Is the £75 still current? Is it worth getting boots before the first weekend of training?

    • 6 replies
    • 577 views
  9. Thomas_H
    Started by Thomas_H,

    Hi guys, I applied for the specials about five months ago however I was unsuccessful at the situational judgement test. I am preparing for my next application, and I have a couple of questions regarding the selection process. I would be really grateful if someone could help me. Does anyone know the current core competencies for special constables in the Avon and Somerset Constabulary? I can't seem to find them listed anywhere on the recruitment pages. Also during the interview is there a role-play exercise? I know that most do but I heard that some don't. I want to be sure if I need to prepare for this or not. Many thank's.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Ears
    Started by Ears,

    Hi all, I know this has probably been discussed in great detail, but I'm looking for the A+S viewpoint! I received the fantastic news today that as of September I will be a student paramedic studying at UWE and working with the South Western Ambulance Service. Whilst I'm a student paramedic I can't see any issues with me being a special as I'm not technically a HCP. But what about once I qualify and become registered with the HCPC? Thanks all!

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 977 views
  11. Neenaw
    Started by Neenaw,

    I participated in a Ride Along last night, what an eye opener! I've now made the informed decision to apply to become a SC - was great! Was looked after by a very capable, professional and friendly pair of PCs. Would definitely recommend anyone take up an A&S Ride Along, even if you've got no intention of joining the police as its a great insight into what the police have to deal with on a daily basis. Look forward to joining up in the near future!!

    • 4 replies
    • 570 views
  12. DELETEME
    Started by DELETEME,

    Avon and Somerset Constabulary have updated their Specials recruitment page, saying that recruitment will open again on the week commencing the 20th of August. I know there's a couple of people who were hoping that this would happen soon, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to share the good news :D I for one am very excited! Link to page

      • Like
    • 204 replies
    • 7k views
  13. Uppy89
    Started by Uppy89,

    Just had my email through offering me a place on the course starting 4th January. Anyone else get the email? Hope to see some of you on there... Maybe those going through the recruitment process now.

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. serpatron
    Started by serpatron * ,

    I recently received an email saying my application has been accepted and that I should be hearing about an interview date within 4-5 weeks, so I'm getting pretty excited about it now :lol: However, I have one thing sat in the back of my mind. Im not exactly the tallest of people. I'm not tiny, but I'm not tall (about 5"7"). Im quite a confident person, so I have never seen it as an issue when dealing with people. Do the shorter officers ever have trouble with people due to there height?

    • 17 replies
    • 943 views
  15. miniminx
    Started by miniminx,

    Hi All I am hoping someone can help me. I am doing a charity run in April 2014 and am part of Team SulphurCarbon (Team SC). We are driving from London to Lands End to John O'Groats to London via every Police Service in England, Wales & Scotland. We are raising money for two charities, one of which is the Police Dependants Trust. We are trying to make contact with every Special Constabulary along the route in the hope that we can meet some fellow specials at our planned stops as well as regular officers... Can anyone help me?! Thanks in advance Nikki

    • 1 reply
    • 555 views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.