Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. SCBravo
    Started by SCBravo,

    Hi Can't seem to find any info about L3 PO training tomorrow, would anyone be able to tell me if it's full uniform or gym kit and if there's a pre-read or anything that needs looking at beforehand? Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 811 views
  2. mrthomasmrtom101
    Started by mrthomasmrtom101,

    Hey guys Does anyone know the new core competencies along with the positive indicator? I know this topic has been started somewhere else, but I want to start a new one. Many thanks for any input Tom

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
    mrthomasmrtom101
  3. Steve-b
    Started by Steve-b,

    Hi there guys, Just a quick question really, I am at the final stage to become a special constable, passed my medical and just waiting for my vetting to be returned... My question is how strict are the financial checks they make?, I have never been bankrupt, been to court or anything like that, however I am frequently overdrawn at my bank, will this effect me? Any help would be much appreciated!.

    • 10 replies
    • 904 views
  4. TankTanker
    Started by TankTanker,

    Hi guys, Just letting you know my intake have our attestation this Friday. Can't believe how fast it's gone and just wanted to say thanks for all the info I've gained from this forum in the past and I'm sure there will be more to be gained in the future! Look forward to meeting some of you soon!

    • 1 reply
    • 626 views
  5. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Just a quick cheers to all for help over last year or so as I am no confirmed and signed off, still loads to learn but one step at a time. Onwards and upwards.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 879 views
  6. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    Hey all! Just a quick one, So because both the job preview and eligibility questionnaire were together what's next? is the situation test Monday or on the 11th? Do we find out if we are eligible on the 4th? as the closing date is the 3rd? Has everything moved forward a week? Have a good weekend! Ash

      • Like
    • 181 replies
    • 6.2k views
    Trace-Bristol
  7. Threestripes
    Started by Threestripes,

    Looking for a new challenge in 2013 ? Special Constable Recruitment will open for Expressions of Interest The Avon and Somerset Constabulary website http://www.avonandso...tment/specials/ will open for expressions of interest for the recruitment of Special Constables on Monday 3rd December 2012. From that date all those expressing their interest via a web form will be invited to a Recruitment Event to be held during January 2013. The Recruitment Event presentation will provide full details of the role of Special Constables and the new recruitment procedure. It will also offer potential applicants the opportunity to ask questions and meet serving Specials and speak w…

      • Like
    • 64 replies
    • 4.2k views
  8. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    I think there is a lot that could be discussed here so it warrants a new topic. Sorry I've read about interviews and apparently there are national and local interviews. National interviews are purely competency based where as local interviews will ask a mixture of competency based and traditional questions. Traditional questions may include "tell us about yourself", "what skills and experience can you bring to the role", "how would you deal with inappropriate conduct" The traditional questions are marked as to whether the assessor thinks it is a good answer. I assume our interviews will be local ones where we will be asked additional questions. As we weren't told wha…

      • Like
    • 182 replies
    • 6.8k views
  9. Rovers1883
    Started by Rovers1883 * ,

    Anyone have any idea if a and s will be recruiting transferees this year??

  10. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    Another stage topic here! I have just sent my Application Form off for the Specials! eekkk

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    So who's going to the recruitment event on Saturday? The 14:00 hrs session? I was thinking we should all get little username badges! Haha! It's always nice to put a face to the online name lol

      • Like
    • 64 replies
    • 2.9k views
    jwhitkevelaer
  12. mxbe
    Started by mxbe,

    Well I have heard from a few places now that there is going to be a new force policy which will stops specials from going on shift with other specials or from going out solo, in other words specials will always have to crew with a reg for a shift, I know that some people are looking in to if this is really happening but just wonder what anyone else has heard as I have heard this from three difrent people being told be three difrent trainers now. Jus lookin a little bit worrying for the future of specials in Avon and Somerset if they do this!

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    Are we issued with the tactical stab vest with the holder for handcuffs on the vest or do we get the older version where the handcuffs are based on our utility belt? Just curious. I would personally prefer the Tac vest because it would seem more accessible when in awkward situations, basically when you have a MOP facedown on the pavement. Whats your opinions? Ash

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
  14. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    Have you seen how much A&S spends on answering FOI requests? The cost of FOI FOI requests cost your local police service: 2013 (so far): £61,560 - requests have increased by 20% compared to last year 2012: £500,580 2011: £509,760 2010: £421,740 Calculation: Requests x £30 per hour x 18 hours (average time spent per FOI request, some requests take significantly more time) That is a ridiculous amount - half a million a year! I think that money could be better spent elsewhere like employing 20 more PCs. Who is getting paid £30 an hour to look up that information? Does it really take 18 hours? I want that job. This year's budget for A&S is £280 million. £15…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 725 views
  15. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    So for some lucky few of us the last stage of the specials online assessments will be ending on Monday, and I don't know about you but I'm very nervous! It's scary to think we have already failed or passed but have to wait to physically find out that very evening!

      • Like
    • 111 replies
    • 2.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.