Avon & Somerset Constabulary
439 topics in this forum
-
"I write to advise that you have successfully completed your Special Constabulary application - congratulations!" BOOM ! August training it would seem then! I'm absolutely ecstatic, and couldn't have come at a better time as I am bricking it currently for an interview in London for an internship tomorrow! :D :D :D :D :D
-
I put an application in for a ride out quite a while ago but haven't heard anything since? I know that Sally was also looking into it for me but wondered if they were still on going or have they been cut back? Going on from there has anyone done one recently? If I get the chance to go, are you provided with anything, do you have to sit there and not get involved or say anything should anything occur? Should you take anything with you? Being in Shepton Mallet, the local nick is closed so its not as though I could just pop in at anytime, to ask. I think it would be great to get on one just as a taster for whats involved and what to expect. Any comments would be apprecia…
-
Hi, I have my medical for A&S nest week and am a bit confused as on the medical history form it says BMI must be under 27, but on this site several sources suggest it has to be under 30. So, just wondering which is it? Under 30 or under 27? Thanks
-
From today, Halloween 2011, A&S is closed for Specials Recruitment going into 2012, to allow an updated training programme to be implimented. When this changes, you will find out here: http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/recruitment/specials/
-
OK, so Im long in the tooth but that doesnt mean Im not interested in why new people join up.... OK OK so I know you all gave the obligatory 'to put something back into my community' answer at the interview...but what really does make you want to be a Special? Why do you volunteer your spare time? What do you get out of it? Short and to the point, honest and sensible answers only please!
-
I would just like to say a big thanks to all the trainers at HQ(the ones on here) It was a great experience!. Also everyone who has helped us on here. Can not wait now to get on District and each you all how its done!! :D :new_shhh:
-
Umm I might be blind, or tired after a long week, but Where has the ASSET gone?
-
I know a few of you are going to the medical at Portishead on the 17th March. I have mine at 9am and just offering anyone from the Hotwells/Clifton area a lift if they need one, save you getting the bus Probably be leaving Around 8.15-8.30 ish Preferably no muggers.
-
Dear forum members I am packagebuilder some members may remember me from a year ago, I currently didn't not make the specials as my reading & write was too poor to pass the exams , I do collect police anything, but now I've sold off most of my small collection of old police badges from other forces, but now I only collect my local force. as money is on the tight I am stuck with one chest refletive heat transfer blue and silver police badge to give away, i've kept the other one I getting tired of the amout of interest I been receiving online!! I refuse to sell it online like e.g. E-bay. I've been adviced to give it or sell to only "serving police officers only" pol…
-
Sorry to gatecrash your area, but a mate just sent me a link to this: Avon and Somerset Police are holding a live web chat with Inspector Steve Appleton, Special Constable Matt Ford and Sergeant Deborah Yeates on Wednesday 29 February between 7pm and 8.30pm. You can log on to find out about what it's like to be a special - or ask any questions about volunteering for the police. Special Constables give up their spare time to work as police officers and work alongside regular police officers dealing with everything they do. SPC Matt Ford has been a Special Constable for 5 years and gives up 8 – 16 hours a week to work for a specialist team who are responsible for hunti…
-
Right i suspect this may of been covered but I cant find it, As said alot of times when said about equipment people say the torch is well a Wilkinson reject piece of yellow plastic. So im just wondering which torches are the best and which ones people reckon are the best.
-
Initial Interest You can register you interest at Avon and Somerset Constabulary website. Currently all districts are open to recruitment. Website will be updated with changes. (02/09) Induction Evening Time between your initial interest and an invitation to an induction evening will vary on a district level. This wait is normally only a few weeks. *Some districts may not have a induction evening. What you wear is your choice, recommend smart casual as first impressions count! This is a talk about the force, what to expect and the recruitment process. A chance to ask all those questions. Lasts about one to two hours in a week day evening. PIRT The Police Initia…
-
So, just got my offer onto the January course, absolutely buzzing. Apart from Neil (hope you got good news pal!) is there anyone alive on these forums? I know the vocal bunch are all on the November course. So, if there are any of you, speak up! January 8th, not too long now!
-
-
Has anyone starting March training got their boots yet? everyone I have spoken to said don't get Magnums as everyone else does! So what's the best ones to get?