Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. Wilf
    Started by Wilf,

    pretty lame question - but anyone know if there's a Gym at Nailsea nick? cheers

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 2.4k views
  2. bristol_r
    Started by bristol_r,

    Might be a silly question, but how do you to p2p using a pool radio? Are you supposed to put certain numbers before the collar number?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 2.1k views
  3. fruitandveg
    Started by fruitandveg +,

    Hello AvSomPol folks, I hear that my force is getting the Specials Internet Booking System (SIBS) which you folks use. Now, I hear this allows you to book on at home, but I also hear it allows email access at home too! Could someone confirm or deny it by reply/PM please? Thanks very much, F&V

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 6k views
  4. jack1
    Started by jack1,

    Hi all, Does anyone have any idea as to when Avon and Somerset will opening their door to tansferees? Im currently serving in the Met and regually check the A&S recruitment site but it never changes! Was wondering if they have been affected by forced redundancies? Any information appreciated!

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  5. waggo77
    Started by waggo77,

    Hi all how's it going? Just a quick question really... How long should it take from registering your interest to getting a reply about a Recruitment evening? I only ask because I've re-applied to the Special Constabulary and received an email saying that I will have to attend an recruitment evening. The first time I just got sent an application form... Has the process changed?

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Ok, so now I am nervous. What do I need to expect and what flowers do you like Damsel :D

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.7k views
  7. RWiltsF
    Started by RWiltsF,

    As above, I've had no contact from HQ (or anyone!) since the "you've passed the medical" email in Feb. I know I've now missed the May intake, presumably it was full, and I've emailed twice now just to ask if there's a course available for me (Sept?) / am I still in the loop?! But no reply! Just wondered if anyone else in the recruitment process has had any contact from HQ lately, and who was it? (I don't want to put the full name of the lady who's emailed me in the past on a public forum, just wondered if Sally, has been in contact with anyone/still works there?!) The obvious answer is ring up, but I literally haven't had a chance to do this during usual office hours.…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Mike_Parker
    Started by Mike_Parker,

    Hi all, I have booked all my rooms up now to start my 1st module training on the 21st May, the 1st Module is starting at 8 o'clock. Is anybody staying up a HQ on Friday 20th May? And is anybody staying up at police HQ on every Friday before the module weekends starts? Cheers Mike

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. Joshuar
    Started by Joshuar,

    Hi, Just wondering what should be worn to the induction on May 8th? I was going to go with smart trousers, Shirt and tie? Too much or too little or about right? Cheers, Josh.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. Mike_Parker
    Started by Mike_Parker,

    Hi, is anyone going to the pre-course Induction Module on the 8th may 2011 at police HQ in Portishead from G district? Everybody seems to be from Bristol way,

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. Joshuar
    Started by Joshuar,

    Just saw a marked Merc Vito van around Clifton Triangle area that had 2 officers without armour in, why would that be?

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 2.7k views
  12. Joshuar
    Started by Joshuar,

    I was just wondering what happens in the first few weeks of training as I broke my hand playing football yesterday and im just wondering if a cast would hinder me.. its probably only going to be in cast for the first or second training date, as you can see i can still type albeit awkwardly and slowly, but i cant hold anything.... hope someone an help

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. Artibeus
    Started by Artibeus,

    Hello All, Does anyone know what the deal is with riding Force bikes (cycle) is? I believe you have to complete some kind of course, but no one seems to know, ad I haven't found anything on the intranet. As there are no Stage 1 driving courses running for the forseeable future, I am looking to get out and about the Beat when not working Response, and a bike would be ideal - as well as the fact I enjoy it. If anyone knows of course details please let me know. Also, are you issued bike kit (i.e. The bike hi-viz, shorts etc). JD

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. Mike_Parker
    Started by Mike_Parker,

    Hi all i'm new to the site so go easy on me. , Just a quick question really. I compleated my medical back in December and was emailed shortly after saying i was accepted, I was then emailed the course dates back in January which i accepted, to Start 8th May 2011. Since my last conversation back in January i haven't heard anything since,? Time is pushing on now and im getting worried incase they have forgot about me? Is anyone else starting there training in May? with the induction on the 8th and training starting on the 21st/22nd?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. Matt24
    Started by Matt24,

    Hi I could do with a couple of new white shirts. Do I have to fill in a uniform request form and have it signed off and then go up to stores or can I just raid the clothing van when it turns up at the station? Cheers Matt

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.