Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. waggo77
    Started by waggo77,

    After eight months of waiting im finally down to four. Hopefully will be Re-applying again (Special Constabulary) in July. Been doing lot's of revision again and concentrating on the area's where I went wrong. Hope you're all doing well, keep up the good work ppl! Neil.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Rob_88
    Started by Rob_88,

    Hi all, For the past year I have worked as a Special at Taunton. In September I will be moving to Bristol as I will be starting my degree at UWE. I'll be looking to transfer to a Bristol station and I'm considering Filton or Staple Hill simply because they are about equal distance from where I'll be living. Are there any Specials on here who work at either? I would be interested to hear if one may be better to work at than the other, I'd welcome your feedback. Cheers Rob

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
    HarryB1546080987
  3. Packagebuilder
    Started by Packagebuilder,

    I have attended the Special Open Evening to be held on Wednesday 8 December 2010 My Special application has passed the paper shift!!! I will be invited for the PIR test? But I they say I will be contacted within 5 weeks Is this normal?? Packagebuilder Weston-Super-Mare

    • 6 replies
    • 932 views
  4. rburrell
    Started by rburrell,

    Hi all, Hoping to apply to Avon and Somerset in the very near future, just had a question about training I was wandering if anybody could help with: How long does it take? Is it weekends/evenings? I know Wiltshire do weekends and one evening a week, was just wandering if it was similar across the board? Cheers guys, Ross

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Ben
    Started by Ben,

    It seems the Ridealong scheme has been advertise quite widely as i've seen from youtube (fantastic advertisement video reminds me of work experience ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEh2WbIp29s

    • 28 replies
    • 3.4k views
  6. tedhoops
    Started by tedhoops,

    Who else was at the induction today at portishead? i know MarkBell was there

    • 102 replies
    • 5.4k views
  7. Mattmoo
    Started by Mattmoo,

    Who do i submit the expense form to? Just finished mod 1, Avon and Somerset, G district. Any ideas???

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12274040 A new police custody and investigation centre could be built on the outskirts of Keynsham, near Bristol. Avon and Somerset Constabulary has applied for planning permission for the 48-cell centre on Ashmead Road. The new centre would be part of a plan which will see 10 smaller centres close and replaced by three larger hubs. Ch Insp John Holt said interviews with suspects would be conducted at the centre and there will be space for paperwork to be completed. "It's business that we currently conduct across 10 centres in Avon and Somerset in most of our local police stations," he said. What we are doing is rationalisi…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Anononononon
    Started by Anononononon,

    Just wondering if there is any interest in anyone contributing to have it reopened. I know it wasn't used as much as it could have but it was a valuable asset for a more private discussion and especially as there are a lot more specials coming through I thought it might be useful and it gives Lord Vader a little bit of revenue from us using this site. I don't mind contributing, it's £30 a year if i remember correctly, 3 people at a tenner each or less if there are more of us? Answers on a postcard please...and by postcard I mean a reply in this thread Cheers

    • 22 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. tedhoops
    Started by tedhoops,

    Ive heard a few storys regarding the red man at training. Do anybody want to share their experiences?

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2.1k views
    SC Ben1546081185
  11. Davies2201
    Started by Davies2201,

    Silly question - does anyone know how much the force buys the ford focuses for?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    So I sent my application in around 1 month back to Staplehill and was a bit worried about the silence. I contacted them and they replied to tell me they have recieved the app and will be checking to see if anything is missing and then invite me in to have the PIRT and they would be contacting me next week. That was 2 weeks ago do you think I should give them another bell, I dont want to sound pushy.

    • 16 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. bathgwa
    Started by bathgwa,

    Morning All Just a quick message to say "Hi" and was wondering if anyone else is starting their training in January 2011. Cheers GWA

      • Like
    • 69 replies
    • 3.8k views
  14. Wrighter20
    Started by Wrighter20,

    Anyone due to start training on the janurary intake? Induction on the 9th.

    • 22 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. MarkBell
    Started by MarkBell,

    hi does anyone know what happens at Attestation? cheers

    • 16 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.