Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    Hi :) I want to pursue a career in the police, I live in Pill and I was wondering if I could do any work shadowing and what would it involve? I'm in year 12 far past year 10 when work experience is usually done so I would like to do some work shadowing during the summer holidays. I phoned up Portishead Police Headquarters before and asked about it but they were unsure of who I should contact/ask. Also I was wondering if I could do some work shadowing what would it involve, I would apply for the ride along scheme but I'm only 16. Any help you could give would be grand thanks :)

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Sazzz
    Started by Sazzz * ,

    hi, i live in Bridgwater and want to pursue a career in the police force, and was wondering if i could get any work expeiriance. Problem is, everyone i talk to has a different impression of who to ask about this. The guy at the desk gave me an adress to write to, which i did however got no response, so i asked again at which point i was given a phone number. Called it, they gave me the number of the personal dept, who gave me a number in Bristol who gave me an email adress ... you get the picture. so anyway i would just like to know if anyone knows actually who to talk to, or could help me out here, it'd really help! thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Hi Does anybody know when Avon + Somerset will be recruiting Police officers and PCSO's ? Also when was the last time they recruited ?? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Hi Does anybody know when Avon + Somerset will be recruiting Police officers and PCSO's ? Also when was the last time they recruited ?? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 863 views
  5. thedfg
    Started by thedfg,

    Has everyone now had there fitness/medicals? Hope they went well for everyone. When do you think we will hear and how do you think they will decide out of the 120 who will get the 80 positions?

    • 62 replies
    • 7.2k views
  6. Lance-Constable Detritus
    Started by Lance-Constable Detritus,

    After the two-year recruitment freeze, I just got my application pack through at long last! Me? Mid-thirties, seeking a change of pace from an unrewarding job in a dwindling business area that's reeling under the weight of the crunch. How about you? I thought I'd kick this thread off so we can say have a chat about things appropriate to our intake and give each other some help and encouragement through what looks like a tortuous process... Two thousand candidates for eighty actual places? It's gonna be like winning X-Factor for the police! Anyone else notice the spelling mistake on the orange form? I hope pointing it out doesn't count as "actions intended to overthrow…

  7. bluebird1988
    Started by bluebird1988,

    Hi all, I have my final interview with Avon and Somerset tomorrow and i've been doing as much preperation as i think i can. I don't want to go to far in to detail in my prep just in case i don't act normal and become robotic which don't really an answer to questions they've asked. Instead i would be giving answers i've prepped close enough to what i've think they have asked. I've looked at (well it feels like it) almost every page on this forum and i've done the research and prep i've been told is helpful from on here so i hope it will be good enough. I do have 1 question though. Will i have to take any information or my personal portfolio with all my qualificatio…

  8. Altair
    Started by Altair,

    Welcome to the A+S chat thread.

  9. Altair
    Started by Altair,

    Avon and Somerset website: http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. Sidious
    Started by Sidious +,

    Click here to visit the official Avon and Somerset Police website

    • 0 replies
    • 8.9k views
  11. Uppy
    Started by Uppy,
    • 0 replies
    • 125 views
  12. Uppy
    • 0 replies
    • 126 views
  13. Uppy
    Started by Uppy,
    • 0 replies
    • 120 views
  14. Uppy
    Started by Uppy,
    • 0 replies
    • 118 views
  15. Uppy
    Started by Uppy,
    • 0 replies
    • 137 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.