Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. MarkBell
    Started by MarkBell,

    hi everyone, im new to this. im due to start training in jan and going to be based in bridgwater. who else is going to start training?

    • 25 replies
    • 2k views
  2. 5284
    Started by 5284,

    Hello all. was curious as to whether avon and somerset, (specifically taunton but interested to hear of any station) offer the opportunity for specials to work with traffic officers? or if there is any pro-active team that specials could work towards participating in? thanks for any replies Tom

      • Like
    • 44 replies
    • 3.1k views
  3. DJS
    Started by DJS,

    Long story short I changed my phone and can't get SIBS to work on it. Does anyone know what settings I need to get a Sony ericsson Vivaz to load up the login page?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. waggo77
    Started by waggo77,

    Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and very Happy New Year! Best wishes to all!

    • 1 reply
    • 935 views
  5. Damsel
    Started by Damsel +,

    **Points & Laughs** Sami will explain why I'm sure

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. yellowwedge
    Started by yellowwedge,

    I noticed that the Government has recently been reconsidering merging forces together, particularly in the South. I was just interested to hear your thoughts on the topic?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12024384 A man and a police officer have both been rescued from the water at Bristol's harbourside. Firefighters, who attended the scene just before 2030 GMT, said the police officer had been concerned about the man and jumped in to help him. A fire service rescue boat was sent to help but was not needed as the pair were both rescued using a throw line. "They've both gone off to hospital as obviously it was very cold in there," a fire service spokesman said. He said it was not yet known how the man came to be in the water.

    • 0 replies
    • 919 views
  8. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-12013870 Fixed speed cameras in Somerset could be switched off by April 2011 after the county council said it could not afford to take over their running costs. Avon and Somerset police are disbanding the Safecam partnership which currently has responsibility for the units. The police asked the authority to take over the running and maintenance costs, which are about £60,000 a year. But Councillor David Hall said not only were they expensive to run, they also needed an upgrade costing £405,000. "We understand their position, but in the current challenging financial climate we are unable to take on the considerable costs …

    • 2 replies
    • 905 views
  9. RWiltsF
    Started by RWiltsF,

    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, had an email, fourteen hours after my interview to let me know I passed (they said fourteen days til I'd find out!) I've got my medical in Feb or March. Looking forward to my future as a Special, if I pass the medical and training obviously, will be working in either Bath, Keynsham or Radstock

    • 23 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. plodder
    Started by plodder,

    Got my Interview date through today! Looking forward to it but over a month away, so don't want to burn out before it lol.

    • 48 replies
    • 3.2k views
  11. Wrighter20
    Started by Wrighter20,

    Well that's it. I have my uniform fitting in a couple of days, I have my collar number and I start training in jan. I just want to say thanks to all the guys (and girls) who have helped me along the way. So thanks, im not sure I would have been able to do it without the support from you folks here!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. Pierreoc23
    Started by Pierreoc23,

    Hi, is anyone attending the familiarisation meeting tomorrow night, Monday 8th Nov at Trinity Road police station?

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. waggo77
    Started by waggo77,

    Just a quick question... If you're unsuccessful at the interview stage does anyone know if it is against Police Policy (Avon & Somerset Constabulary) to give any feedback out?

    • 10 replies
    • 1.6k views
  14. noodles1691
    Started by noodles1691,

    Hi everyone, I've just joined the forum and thought I would say hi :D I've got my interview next Thursday - very nervous, especially as I only found out today! Has anyone else had an interview at Bath? Was it informal and relaxed or a bit scary and formal? Thanks, Jo

    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Joshuar
    Started by Joshuar,

    ..And thought I'd say hello. I've just passed my interview and I'm looking forward to getting started! (after the medical and training of course) It's a fine forum y'all got here.

    • 22 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.