Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Ok for the guys wishing to by some new equipment, if you sign uo to love film on a 30 day trial on amazon link you will get a £15 voucher i thought I would share this I have mine and just cancelled the trail.

    • 2 replies
    • 766 views
  2. cookiemonster
    Started by cookiemonster,

    I know this should possibly be put in the Scenario's topic but I was just curious as a generalisation, and wondered what you thought and perhpas done yourself. It will obviously affect us all at one point in time or another. My pet hate is car mobile phone users, no seat belts etc but I know the thing that will really get to me is bad driving. Having not done the training as yet and hope it will be incorporated, I was wondering if anyone has a view on presenting themselves to bad driving while off duty? Especially if you've just been cut up, had your wing mirror taken off, tail gateing and so forth. If so how would you go about it? Its not easy stopping someone and pre…

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 2.6k views
  3. JulietwiskeyWSM
    Started by JulietwiskeyWSM,

    Do special constables get free public transport in the a&s constabulary?

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 3.4k views
  4. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    hi all, trying to fill in my special application form and on the medical questionnaire there is a question saying 'list time off work or school or necessitating retirement' I am really confused as to what I have to put here. It doesn't give me a time frame or a specific type of time off to write. There's another question beneath it saying 'list dates and reasons of time off work for illness or accidents for the past 3 years' So the other question isn't to do with have sick time off work, this is really confusing me and I don't want to put anything incorrect. Could anyone offer me any help. It looks like it want's me to list any long time off of work or school say a gap …

    • 2 replies
    • 813 views
  5. walkthebeat
    Started by walkthebeat,

    Hi everyone. I have my final interview with the 'Specials' and am just looking for a little advice really. I have heard that you are asked 4 questions and that you have 5 mins per question to answer, so I have been looking at various experiences I have dealt with that I can display the core competencies I will be scored against. However, Im now a little confused as I read a thread saying that you get lots of questions for about an hour and you will be asked things like what would you do in this scenario etc... I know that its unfair to be told any questions and things that will arise, but just wondered if someone can enlighten me on the actual structure of the intervi…

      • Like
    • 63 replies
    • 3.5k views
  6. RWiltsF
    Started by RWiltsF,

    Today my missus saw a PCSO put a member of the homeless community in cuffs apparently for stealing from Sainsburys. I didn't think PCSO's carried cuffs in A&S?! He was wearing blue and had PCSO (in full) on his body armour...so definitely a PCSO...

    • 15 replies
    • 2k views
  7. Monotone
    Started by Monotone,

    For the information of officers in Avon and Somerset, as well as anyone else who is interested of course, the Landscape Institute are planning a Memorial Garden for Joanna Yeates, the young lady tragically killed in Clifton in Bristol in December last year. I know there are at least two officers on this forum who worked on the job in some capacity, and I thought I would pass on the link in case anyone wanted to make a donation. http://www.landscapeinstitute.org/about/JoYeatesMemorial.php Please note: The trial of Mr. Tabak is at Bristol Crown starting next week. The case is still sub judice and as such please consider CPIA and don't discuss details.

    • 0 replies
    • 949 views
  8. walkthebeat
    Started by walkthebeat,

    Hey everyone... Im probably gunna ask a really silly question, but I thought I might as well ask it as its gone through my mind a few times.... Do you as a Special Constable see everything a Regular Police Officer would see....for example if you were on a shift and there was a death or murder etc, would you be called to that sort of situation, or would they use a regular officer who maybe has had more training etc...Im obviously using the most severe situation here ha ha!! Just thought it could be interesting to hear from you guys who are online already and what situations you have yourself faced... I didnt know if as a Special you are used mainly for foot patrol, or …

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 2k views
  9. Nikki2011
    Started by Nikki2011 * ,

    Hello, i am very new to this sight so excuse me if i'm doing something wrong! I very much have my heart set on becoming a mounted police officer when i leave school and college (e.g post 18) but i am struggling to find out any information on courses that would be best for me in my career path, and helping me to achieve my goals. I was think Public Services or Sociology etc to get some knowledge on people skills, communication etc. I would seriously appreciate any help i could get! Thank you xxxx

    • 1 reply
    • 938 views
  10. Jezza0509
    Started by Jezza0509,

    Right then Ladies and Gents, there has been numerous posts to get The Asset re-opened, however it never seems to go any further which is a shame! So I am wondering who is interested in contributing to have it reopened? I haven't used The Asset, but understand it was a valuable tool for a more private discussion and especially as there is now more and more specials coming through I think it will be a useful tool and bring in the extra revenue to support the site. I am willing to contribute £5, and it's £30 a year or £50 for 2 years... So please contribute as little or as much as you can to get The ASSET re-opened! All those who want to contribute please reply to th…

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 3.1k views
  11. cookiemonster
    Started by cookiemonster,

    I am intrigued to know what the constraints are for going out on your first solo patrol and how do they know you are ready, is there a time line or are you released purely on proving your capabilities and does it vary per individual? How did you feel about being on your own and did you find it a totally different experince to be along side a partner?

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. BristolSam

    Just saw this: http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/Interactive/webchat/ on 01/09/11 at 19:00 there will be an opportunity to have a chat with 3 specials from Avon and Somerset online. I know there is a few people in the recruitment process or pre-process so might be a good chance to ask any questions!

    • 14 replies
    • 1.7k views
  13. Joshuar
    Started by Joshuar,

    As the title says, my first shift starts in 5 minutes!! Wish me luck!

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. Paulington
    Started by Paulington,

    Hi there guys, My name's Paul, I am 18 and I've just registered my interest in becoming a Special with A&S Constabulary. I live around the Lawrence Weston area and I am currently studying for an Open BSc at the Open University. I'm very much looking forward to every stage of the Special Constable application process, it seems challenging yet that is something I thrive on! Not only that but due to studying at home for my degree, I am virtually available 24/7 and intend to volunteer around 20-40 hours per week to being a Special. I have been racing cars, karts and motorcycles since I was 10 years old, I am currently not racing however due to a nasty motorcycle accide…

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 2.7k views
  15. Justbluey
    Started by Justbluey,

    Would just like to say congrats to all that got Attested at Police HQ this evening . It's extremely nerve-wracking standing infront of everyone to read the oath but an experience none the less. Now we are all :D awesome!

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 2.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.