Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    I think it would be a nice to get a list of all the users from Avon & Somerset to see how many people are actually using the forum. If you want me to add your name to the list, reply to this thread and let me know if you're an applicant or a serving officer then I'll put your name on the list Currently in the recruitment process with Avon & Somerset Police Jakeh Ted123 Cuffbertt ashley999 Uppy89 ******************************************************************************************** Currently serving with Avon & Somerset Police Gelf - Mod of the Avon & Somerset forum Reado - Mod of the Avon & Somerset…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 945 views
  2. DELETEME
    Started by DELETEME,

    In November I went on a Ride Along, which was fantastic. I'm really excited about applying to be an SC and thought that I would apply to go on another Ride Along to see various sides of the job and have a look at what other work involves. Got a phone call today, a few days after handing my form in, turns out you are only allowed to do one Ride Along Thought I'd heard of a few people doing multiple RA's, so maybe it's just my local station that only do one. Rules are rules though I guess. Looks like I'll just have to wait and see if (or when ) I get through the application and training, then I can go on proper "ride alongs" :D

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    So who's nervous about tomorrow?! I sure am!

      • Like
    • 58 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    If so how long did they take to reply? I might be jumping the gun abit but closing for 8 Detention Officers roles was on the 1st feb, and they want to interview on the 13th and 14th of feb, should I have heard by now? Or am I assuming the worst? Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 792 views
  5. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    Tomorrow is the start of the recruitment process! Good luck everyone, I'm going to need it haha! I wonder what time the questionnaire will be online, are we getting an email for a login?

      • Like
    • 57 replies
    • 2.2k views
  6. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    Anyone applying for the Detention Officer positions?

    • 0 replies
    • 560 views
  7. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    Does A&S give out a pack before the interview detailing the competencies you'll be tested on and what they are looking for? Most forces use the headings detailed by the home office where the traits of the 7 competencies are readily available and if not, others include traits and a definition on their website for competencies their force recognises. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find any official guidance on the competencies A&S recognise. Is it to be left to our own personal understanding and imagination? If so I think that is unfair given that other forces make them available online so people can prepare and understand the competencies as early as p…

    • 21 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    Just a topic to keep this area alive, with only 7 days to go until the first part of the recruitment process begins who's counting down? I know I am! it's sad but true!

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. mla
    Started by mla +,

    Dear A&S colleagues, You may have noticed on the General Discussion page a posting for the ps.com supported 'Special Constabulary Wiki'. I am wondering, should any of you have a spare moment, whether you can contribute by populating the page for your force? The page can be found here: http://specialconstabulary.wikispot.org/Avon_%26_Somerset_Constabulary Many thanks and look forward to reading about the specials in Avon & Somerset Constabulary! Matt.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    I'd just like to thank everyone who gave up their time this Saturday to be at the recruitment event. It was a really informative session. I look forward to seeing you all again and can't wait for the links to be emailed later in the month! I heard I got a shout out at the 2pm session but unfortunately I was at the 4pm. If anyone was wondering who I am I was the first to speak in the Qs and As

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 815 views
  11. Uppy89
    Started by Uppy89,

    Apologies if this has been posted before but the search facility isn't working on the computer I am on! I am off to the recruitment event on Saturday and all being well, my application will be going in as soon as it can but I was just wondering what the shift times are that you can work once in and attested? From what I can gather, A&S seem to be flexible on what days you work(?) but I am guessing you can't just rock up at say 15:00 which is half way through a shift.

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1k views
  12. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    As the title suggests, I'm aware recruitment is closed for some time into 2012, anyone heard anything?... anything at all

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 2.1k views
  13. eclipse15
    Started by eclipse15,

    Just had my dates through for January, anyone else on that course?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    I live in a rural area of Somerset and I think my local station has maybe 2 regular officers, 2 PCSOs and an unknown amount of specials. My only concern about working from this station, if I become a special, is the availability of assistance when needed. The nearest larger stations have to be around 20 minutes away driving at a safe "response" speed. Has anyone been in a situation where backup seemed just a little too far away and you were concerned for your own safety? Another related question I have is receiving assistance if you make a 999 call - off duty. Has anyone had to do this before from a rural area and did you get assistance? Or did you turn a blind eye to t…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 890 views
  15. Artibeus
    Started by Artibeus,

    .

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.