Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    So who's on the August course this year for Specials? Don't tell me if i'm the only one from this site! :new_cry:

      • Like
    • 135 replies
    • 5.7k views
  2. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    So that's another stage complete! Who's got through then? I thought having a topic for each stage was a good idea? so if i ever fail someone will have to take over!

      • Like
    • 173 replies
    • 6k views
  3. Reado
    Started by Reado +,

    Ladies and Gentlemen, After many years of waiting Avon and Somerset police have announced when the next batch of Regular recruitment is occuring. 25th Feb, put it in the dairy and keep those fingers crossed. Its online so those of us who remember phoning an engaged number 2000+ times only to be told all application packs have been handed out will rejoice! Here is a few links http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/recruitment/police/recruitment-guide.pdf and http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/recruitment/police/ Also there is an email to contact policeofficerrecruitment@avonandsomerset.police.uk Good luck to you all, I will be going for it this time again

      • Like
    • 594 replies
    • 51.4k views
  4. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Any of you guys want a yellow versa brite, its new and still in packaging. Want A tenner for it.

    • 8 replies
    • 794 views
  5. BLS
    Started by BLS,

    Having just registered I thought I pop in and say hello all to my locals I failed special recruitment about 10 years ago at the medical stage because I have a red green colour deficiency. Recently I noticed the force policy has changed so I'm trying again! I failed the situational judgement in January, but passed this time, and posted my application form today. So here's waiting some good news Ben

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 921 views
  6. DELETEME
    Started by DELETEME,

    From the A&S Specials Recruitment Page: "We are now open for specials recruitment, to apply please click on the following link. However if you have applied and failed any part of the Special Constabulary recruitment process in the last 6 months you will not be eligible to apply on this occasion and you will have to wait until 6 months has elapsed." http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/recruitment/specials/

    • 3 replies
    • 699 views
  7. HenryConnors
    Started by HenryConnors * ,

    I've just been informed I've failed the Situational Judgement test stage of the application, apparently scoring only 3% in the Overall Judgement ranking. I'm very surprised at this - I scored 98% in the Behavioural Style Questionairre, with completely honest answers, and felt pretty confident in the Situational Judgement test. I can't believe that I could have scored as low as 3%, which is surely reserved for only the most absurd answers. Having a pending Royal Marine Reserve Officer application (having been advised to go for Officer by my AFCO), and a B in History and Math, and a D in Biology and Physics, at A level, I feel I am more than capable of making logical decisi…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    If anyone is interested.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01f9651#programme-broadcasts

    • 0 replies
    • 616 views
  9. lisaaann74
    Started by lisaaann74,

    Hi All I passed my interview for Specials last week - which I am really excited about. However - I have been told by my surgery that the cost of the GP to fill out and sign the medical questionnaire is going to cost £100! To me this sounds ridiculously expensive....has anyone else had to pay this? Obviously I am going to pay it as I don't want to fall at this hurdle but I am just shocked that they can charge so much! Thanks

    • 28 replies
    • 1.9k views
  10. Gelf
    Started by Gelf,

    From the A&S website: http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/LocalPages/NewsDetails.aspx?nsid=27872&t=4

    • 0 replies
    • 899 views
  11. guy123
    Started by guy123,

    I could not see this mentioned any where else on the Forum at the moment - A&S are opening up recruitment for Specials next week (20th Aug 2013). Have a look atthe A&S website for more details. Good luck to all those that apply!

    • 3 replies
    • 658 views
  12. squibstet
    Started by squibstet,

    If I pass and pass the medical does that mean I'm straight through to training as long as my references are ok etc. If so I thought in the mean time I could start researching stuff I need to learn for training, could any of you guys tell me??

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. squibstet
    Started by squibstet,

    What things could I go on teaching myself/researching for training in January.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 879 views
  14. squibstet
    Started by squibstet,

    I have my date for my fitness test but I've read your bmi has to be under a certain number and I know I'm not fit enough to pass the bleep test as of yet as I didn't know how quick it was going to be but I am working on my fitness with my personal trainer. I feel so meh about it all now because I really want this but I am overweight at the moment which I am working on to and I have lost 4 stone but obviously am still on a journey. Agh just needed to vent this as I'm really in a funny head space and thinking is it even worth going for the fitness test now? I feel bad I could be wasting their time.

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2.6k views
  15. Ears
    Started by Ears,

    Hi all, Just interested to know what each MOD Weekend actually consists of?! Just waiting for my physical and medical! Then all things being well September I'll start training! :-D Thanks! Ears x

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.