Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. Ears
    Started by Ears,

    Can someone help me out with access to Asset? Tried mailing but no joy!

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 599 views
  2. Hg7196
    Started by Hg7196,

    Sent my application off for the 30th may. Just wondering how long it takes to hear back?

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Ears
    Started by Ears,

    Can someone help me out with access to Asset? Tried mailing but no joy!

    • 1 reply
    • 430 views
  4. Ears
    Started by Ears,

    Hi all, Had PPE this weekend and the process of going through CS training, I've managed to break the retaining clip for the CS so it's only held on by one popper as opposed to two. Has anyone got any recommendations for a private purchase one? The pouch itself is a bit clunky and actually quite difficult to remove the CS from it, without tumbling around like a tool! Not looking for anything Gucci necessarily bit looking for something that'll do the job and do it well!

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 870 views
  5. Chrisdevon
    Started by Chrisdevon,

    Vetting and Eligibility

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 673 views
  6. rosco
    Started by rosco +,

    Hi, I'm looking for any specials based in Bath, to investigate possibilities of cross-border work with Wiltshire (as I am now stationed in the bordering Wiltshire NPT district that covers the Batheaston side) : if you are able to help, please PM me details. Thanks, Rosco

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 514 views
  7. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    Hello all, I have a pair of Magnums however I have noticed they are starting to get holes in the soles after 6 months of having them! Resulting in water coming through, I do wear them all the time at work though. I then brought a pair of the side zip ones at the same time but one boot's zip has broken too! Now thinking about getting a pair of Lowa's? http://www.patrolstore.com/Lowa-Boots-Combat-GTX-p-575.html Even if it means paying out a bit more. I was looking at the 5.11 XPRT Boots but they have shot up by £40 and I have heard they aren't very water proof! Can anyone give their opinions on these? Cheers.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2k views
  8. Sharman99
    Started by Sharman99,

    Have you got to put all gaps on the application as some of mine are less then a week and then some 2 months+ ?? When putting this onto paper how's best to put it as don't you need to put a contact down to confirm them??

    • 0 replies
    • 213 views
  9. Buxton
    Started by Buxton * ,

    Hey all, I'm currently filling out my application form to become a Special Constable with Avon & Somerset. The 'About your employment' section asks you to account for any gaps in employment over the span of the last five years. However, there is no section on the form for you to account for those gaps. I was just wondering how I should go about this - should I just include an additional piece of paper explaining the gaps in my employment history? Thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 450 views
  10. Sharman99
    Started by Sharman99,

    What's the interview like? Any advice or tips?

    • 4 replies
    • 505 views
  11. Avonhopefull
    Started by Avonhopefull,

    Has anyone applied for the Fast Track to Inspector positions at A&S? And does anyone have any opinions on the position. How realistic is it that the positions will stay in the time of cuts and austerity. How do you think successful applicants will be received by colleagues when they start their probation as a PC? I have applied for the job and have just completed the first step - The online assessments. Any views welcome on this - I would welcome the opinion of serving officers. Thanks Rob

  12. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Get your tickets here if interested, it's free and will be a good day. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/avon-and-somerset-police-40th-anniversary-open-day-tickets-11464989091?aff=ascsocialmedia

    • 5 replies
    • 585 views
  13. Forlorn Hope
    Started by Forlorn Hope,

    The Escort was formed as protection to the Mayor of Bristol (I think other cities and towns in England have similar traditions). Originally it was a civil post with the 8 escorts carrying wooden staves. 4 escorts for the mayor and 4 for his deputy. The escorts surrounded the mayor and deputy to keep anyone at least an arm's length and tip of the staff away. The escort duties were handed over to constables on the formation of the City's police force - Avon and Somerset Police - don't know when but probably more than 10 years ago. The escort is under the command of a Sergeant at the Mace who also oversaw the annual "Court of Pie Poudre". An ancient court that dealt with co…

    • 2 replies
    • 754 views
    Forlorn Hope
  14. Joffrey
    Started by Joffrey,

    Hi all, I've recently registered my interest in becoming a SC with A&S. Their website states: Does anyone know how you are "invited to the next stage"? is it via e-mail or phone? Also, one thing that has me worrying is how is it possible to fail the registration stage alone? I'm wondering if I've already failed somehow as I haven't received anything. :new_hmmm:

    • 3 replies
    • 470 views
  15. BLS
    Started by BLS,

    I'm so proud of my 17 year old daughter who tonight won Police Volunteer of the Year for A&S at the Neighbourhood Policing Awards 2013. Great to see all the recognition for all the winners of the different categorisers and all the hard work they put in. Nice to see some good new police stories this week as well

    • 10 replies
    • 872 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.