Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. David
    Started by David +,
  2. Chief Cheetah
    Started by Chief Cheetah,
    • 0 replies
    • 936 views
  3. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    All, I will most certainly be applying to be transferring into A&S in the next month. Had anyone here been through the process? Was it seamless or jittery?

    • 6 replies
    • 753 views
  4. Sharman99
    Started by Sharman99,

    Anyone else have there fitness on the 13th December In worle? Then if they pass they have to travel straight from worle to Portishead for the medical ??

    • 0 replies
    • 428 views
  5. The Angry Kat
    Started by The Angry Kat,

    The initial page states that only 18+ year olds may go out on operational patrol. However on the application page it states that 16+ year olds can take part in certain circumstances. As I am 16 now I seek assistance from any individual that can clarify these "certain circumstances", and whether I should wait till I am 18 to partake, because I would like to get the best experience possible. Thank you.

    • 2 replies
    • 619 views
  6. Nestle
    Started by Nestle,

    Hello all, I registered my interest to become a SC with A&S sometime back. I passed all the online tests and downloaded the application form but I never actually sent off the application form. Do the online tests (Behavioural Style Questionnaire & Situational Judgement Test) count as apart of the application process or can I reapply?

    • 3 replies
    • 557 views
  7. Chrisdevon
    Started by Chrisdevon,

    Could anyone tell me if once you have submitted your application and invited to an interview, would that be an assessment day also? Written exams, numerical, scenarios etc (A&S specials) Cheers

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 2.2k views
  8. serpatron
    Started by serpatron * ,

    I recently received an email saying my application had been successful, and that i should wait 4-5 weeks to be given an interview date. I rang up 2 days after the 5 week mark to check everything was okay. I was told to continue waiting for a response. its been about 2-3 weeks since i phoned them up, and i still haven't heard anything? Should I ring up again? I don't want to seem to hasty. Thanks in advance

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Sharman99
    Started by Sharman99,

    Just wondering what the next training intake dates are?? For A&S

    • 6 replies
    • 633 views
  10. SCsotiris
    Started by SCsotiris,

    Does anyone know who i need to contact, with regards to using the gym at the wsm police station? Thanks in advance.

    • 6 replies
    • 571 views
  11. BGC32
    Started by BGC32,

    I've just started Specials training with Avon and Somerset and have been told that both the PPE and first aid modules are pass/fail modules. What should I expect in each module, and how difficult are they to pass? Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 561 views
  12. Sharman99
    Started by Sharman99,

    So I'm confused on the order of the process from start to finish for avon and somerset when applying to be a special. So far I completed all the online Apollo tests and have been sent the application to be filled in as sent back before September, What's next??? .Apollo online test .application .interview .medical .??? Anything else? Also anyone on the same stage as me applying from Weston super mare?

    • 8 replies
    • 784 views
  13. Ears
    Started by Ears,

    Didn't get to say to everyone who attested last weekend. But massive good luck to everyone and most importantly stay safe! Anyone who's soon to be starting training and has worries/doubts or any qualms. Don't. The training is fantastic and really good fun! I found that by MOD4 I had no idea and didn't think anything would ever sink in, then as if by magic got to the practicals on MOD9 and suddenly found myself knowing a lot more than I thought I did! Can't wait to get out there and keep learning! E (Class B Massiveeee)

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 561 views
  14. Ears
    Started by Ears,

    Hello all, managed to get onto Network 5 V2, but can't seem to find where I access all the documents etc! Can anyone help?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. Thomas_H
    Started by Thomas_H,

    Hi guys, I'm in the process of applying to the Specials and I am pleased to say that will be attending the interview next Friday. However I've recently encountered a bit of a problem. I have been taking citalopram for the past year and a half for anxiety, and I'm terrified that this will preclude me from further applying at the medical stage. If I'm honest, I do not feel that I need it at all, and I have mostly continued taking the medication out of habit. I've put so much work into applying to the specials and it would be really sad if they reject me for this. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this? Many thanks.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 881 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.