Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. rodney1986
    Started by rodney1986,

    Hi guys, I received a confirmation letter for PCSO role but wanted to know if this meant I have passed vetting procedures? It mentioned that reference checks had to be completed as part of application process and to attend an induction eve but no mention if vetting had been complete.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Uppy89
    Started by Uppy89,

    Can anyone confirm (possibly Steve or Trace as you have recently done the whole uniform fitting/supplying process) what A&S currently do about boots? Is it still a boot allowance or are you supplied with some? I only ask as I have been offered a very good deal on a pair of brand new Danners and I may take them up on the offer now if we buy our own even though I don't start training until January. Thanks for any help!

    • 7 replies
    • 791 views
  3. jayhills
    Started by jayhills,

    Hello, I applied to join Avon and Somerset Specials on May 2013, I sent off my application just waiting to hear back has anyone else applied to join at the same time? Wish everyone good luck with their application. Jason.

    • 1 reply
    • 692 views
    adamski10101546082208
  4. RWiltsF
    Started by RWiltsF,

    After 2 years as a Special Constable with Avon & Somerset I recently decided to pack it in. I've had less time to dedicate to going on duty & even when I've gone in, I've stopped getting that 'buzz'. I also feel a lack of communication played a part, between regs & me, me & my SC colleagues etc. All in all, I decided to give up & let someone else have a go! I resigned on the 4th July and as yet, haven't had a response which is quite sad. However I have no ill feelings towards anyone or the force. Thank you to those who I have worked with over the past 24 months. Perhaps a mod could remove my 'serving officer' ribbon from my profile. Show me sta…

    • 3 replies
    • 740 views
  5. Smiley Culture
    Started by Smiley Culture +,

    Were any of you PS.commers working at Glastonbury then? How did you find it? The officers that I saw there seemed to be enjoying themselves...

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. JulietwiskeyWSM
    Started by JulietwiskeyWSM,

    I thought we was opening recruitment up on Friday.... Any ideas????

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 2.9k views
  7. jayhills
    Started by jayhills,

    Is any one here a special at Avon and Somerset who applied in 2013?

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.9k views
    SpecialBacon
  8. specialsimon
    Started by specialsimon,

    It would seem that the government have decided to reduce the funding for A&S again which has the potential to put front line policing positions at risk. It's not a big jump to conclude that this would affect the recruitment of regular and special officers (as officers cannot be made redundant). In order to reduce the impact of this funding cut the PCC has put forward some proposals regarding an increase in the policing part of the council tax. Simply put the higher the level of increase the less of a funding gap there is and hence less of an impact on A&S services. The maximum increase being looked at is 10% which is an additional 32p / week for an average Band D…

    • 3 replies
    • 764 views
  9. thepeachroom
    Started by thepeachroom,

    Is anyone able to supply the links for any of the blogs that A&S officers run? I can't seem to find any of them when I search.

    • 1 reply
    • 603 views
  10. Threestripes
    Started by Threestripes,

    Bristol District held its annual reward and recognition event for SCs and PSVs at Arnolfini in the city last evening. A superb venue and really fun evening, meeting colleagues plus hearing about all the great work thats being done. Big thanks to all the organisers.

    • 5 replies
    • 782 views
  11. Grijnwaald
    Started by Grijnwaald,

    I've just received an email telling me that I have failed the Special Constable Behavioural Styles Questionnaire. Obviously I am massively disappointed (and really embarrassed) in myself but I can honestly say, I don't know where I went wrong. It was fairly obvious to me that the answers I gave to the statements were appropriate, the email told me that I had scored "well below average" for suitability, though I cannot see in any way how this was possible. I not only answered honestly but I also answered based on what might be expected of me as a special constable. No doubt the rest of you have passed so well done! Six months waiting for me then. Does anyone think app…

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 8.8k views
  12. Grijnwaald
    Started by Grijnwaald,

    Hello there! I'll get straight to the point, does anyone know the current policy on hair and facial hair for Police Specials in Avon & Somerset? I'm 18 and have longish hair and a (albeit crappy)short beard, I intend to get my hair cut before any sort of interviews take place (if i get that far) but I'm just wondering how much i can get away with. As for my beard, shaving is one of the worst things for me, it leaves my face red, raw, cut up and rashy and being clean shaven makes me look like a 12 year old and generally doesn't suit me at all. Do the recruiters look for applicants to be clean shaven? Any pointers are greatly appreciated

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  13. PC :-)
    Started by PC :-),

    Hey guys! May sound like a silly question but what should I wear for a ride along? Anything specific! I have one on Friday :-D Thanks

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Uppy89
    Started by Uppy89,

    I'm sat writing this from force HQ while I wait for my blood pressure to try and go down before they let me take the test! Usually it is absolutely fine but I was involved in a car accident on my way here (not my fault) so I am a little stressed at the moment!

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Steve-b
    Started by Steve-b,

    I absolutely can't wait to get started and stuck in on the 11th may!!!, anybody else on here in the may training course?

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.