Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. Letitenfoldyou
    Started by Letitenfoldyou,

    ... Was the date last bandied about as to when Avsompol would next be recruiting regulars. Unfortunately I'm not longer a special so don't have 'word from the locker room' - has anyone been given any rumours or indication as to when regular recruitment may reopen? I keep a regular eye on the recruitment list on the specific forum, but thought best to raise it here too. Thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
    WillH1546081252 *
  2. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    Hey, When is recruitment starting because i have heard all different things from different people! Just would like an idea so i can start getting prepared, i already have books and dvds ect... Thanks all Ash

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. bobbiepeel
    Started by bobbiepeel,

    For those that are interested. Question Time Event with Avon and Somerset Police Crime Commissioner Election Candidates. This event will take from 7-9pm place at the County Room, Somerset County Cricket Club, The County Ground, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1JT This event has been organised by the Community Council for Somerset and Voscur as part of the Avon and Somerset Safer Future Communities Network. For more details about this event contact Keeley Rudd on 01823 331222. When November 6th, 2012 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM http://www.voscur.org/civicrm/event/info?id=1582

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 885 views
  4. BlueRedBlue
    Started by BlueRedBlue,

    Evening all, Can anyone tell me what the most Northen/eastern stations are (well closest to oxford) as im thinking of joining but wondering what travel time im looking at. Foggy

    • 5 replies
    • 713 views
  5. TankTanker
    Started by TankTanker,

    Hello all, been lurking this forum for a while. Nearly a year actually! Took my PIRT last November-ish and today got an email confirming my interview for September! Been reading up on the competencies because in all honesty it's been so long I had slightly given up hope I was even going to get an interview, but here we go!

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. Tom72
    Started by Tom72,

    Well since I know I have had all my stuff through, confirmation, collar number etc. I am assuming at least some one else has? Not sure how popular this thread will be, but if you are out there, Speak now or forever hold your peace! (If nobody replies, I shall be forced to have a conversation with myself and that will just make me feel weird...) IM EXCITED

      • Like
    • 43 replies
    • 3.3k views
  7. cookiemonster
    Started by cookiemonster,

    :new_no: Can someone tell me when it becomes an offence to be driving on a mobile phone? We all know that a phone to the ear or in hand is a no no but..... Does pushing buttons on a hands free kit constitute this i.e taking a call / hanging a call up / press to talk? Dialling telephone numbers or texting? Do drivers have to be seen and have the phone in their possession, when stopped i.e lap / ear to be fined or is a visual enough? Are there clear guidelines anywhere?

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 2.5k views
    support1546080886
  8. futurecopper
    Started by futurecopper,

    Hi, At what stage in the recruitment process do I put forward my station preference? I live in Weston, and as a result, when I apply will want J district - WSM station, so when/where do I tell them this? Also, is there anything guaranteed, eg can I be guaranteed J district, and be posted to either Weston or Nailsea (or any other J stations for that matter), or is there just as much chance I could end up in Bristol?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 915 views
  9. Izzy1546081291
    Started by Izzy1546081291,

    New police station for central Bristol http://www.avonandso...25358&t=1&lid=1

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2.9k views
  10. eclipse15
    Started by eclipse15,

    I know that whoever is on duty will probably be down in town already, but hope today goes as well as it can and that you all stay safe

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 964 views
  11. JulietwiskeyWSM
    Started by JulietwiskeyWSM,

    Anybody on the march training course?! I've was randomly selected for drugs testing so medical results took longer to come back but all ok and be starting 18 march!

      • Like
    • 201 replies
    • 10.1k views
  12. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    Has anyone got a good high def image of the Force crest by any chance? I'm working on a project but I need an image pretty big ish! Cheers Cancel that, just found one!

    • 3 replies
    • 745 views
  13. Threestripes
    Started by Threestripes,

    The efforts of dozens of volunteer officers who help police the streets of Bristol were recognised at an awards evening for members of the special constabulary. Medals and certificates were awarded to some of the 171 "specials" who give up their free time to support the police force in the city. The specials, who dedicate hundreds of hours a year to the police as well as carrying out their day jobs, were joined by friends and relatives at the annual parade at the Royal West of England Academy in Clifton last night. The most prestigious award of the night, the Chief Inspector's Award for Special of the Year, was presented to Steve Jones. Mr Jones, who works as a bank m…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  14. Joshuar
    Started by Joshuar,

    Just wanted to say what an excellent event this was. I was down there with my family and we enjoyed every minute of it. Well done to everyone involved, but especially to the few specials who gave up their time to assist, good job everyone!

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Joshuar
    Started by Joshuar,

    Fine, all gone. Nothing to worry about anymore..

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.