Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. elliott29
    Started by elliott29,

    Hi, Just recived my joining instructions for phase 1 training taking place in March, it seems that we get £75 to purchase shoes / boots. Any ideas on the best kit to get.. I hear the Magnum boots are the better ones. Anyone Help.? When I say £75, it gets reimbursed... Cheers Elliott

    • 75 replies
    • 7.6k views
  2. JKPlod
    Started by JKPlod,

    Hi all, not sure if this has ever been raised but had a look through and couldnt find anything. The Regs & PCSO are issued with contact cards they can hand out so that people can get in contact with them if need be, is that the case with Specials aswell?? Thanks all,

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 862 views
  3. eclipse15
    Started by eclipse15,

    Dropped my application and security clearance forms into Trinity Road in Bristol after last week's intro meeting. It all begins here, fingers crossed!

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. ellis.mead
    Started by ellis.mead,

    Hi, I had my interview Friday 16th December, I passed I was just wondering when the next medical is as I have heard that the April training has been cancelled due to the Olympics. Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 918 views
  5. pennith
    Started by pennith,

    Had an email today about specials being able to do rural operations (certainly in F district anyway) on horse back. You have to be level 3 and have access or own your own horse. You get given the extra police kit for the horses and the insurance. This sounds awesome, I don't have a horse and I'm not a rider, but I'm considering looking into doing this, would be a different side of policing. Develop and maintain Rural and specialist watches. Establish contacts with farms and rural businesses. Proactively patrol farms, rural spaces and tracks/bridleways. Submit relevant intelligence. Identify fly tipping, anti-social behaviour hot-spots and hare coursing/ badger ba…

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 3.8k views
  6. Artibeus
    Started by Artibeus,

    All, I'm not in for the next week but want to order a new Asp holder. Does anyone remember off hand which length baton we have? Thanks

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2.4k views
  7. Matt24
    Started by Matt24,

    Due to a change in force policy, all driver training courses (including A-B) have been cancelled until "further notice". Was anyone waiting to get on one?

      • Like
    • 47 replies
    • 4.4k views
  8. mccarthyuk@
    Started by mccarthyuk@,

    Hi, After my PIRT on Friday at WSM, I was handed back my CTC form as it required information on my step mother. To save time I contacted my father while I was at the station and filled out the needed info. However he seemed to of forgot to mention her birth surname! So I need to get back to the form before it gets sent off! I tried to email Sally but I've had no response today. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just go into the station after work? Thanks!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. Joshuar
    Started by Joshuar,

    Yeah, I was just wondering what I have to invest in before I start training? I know Boots are on the list but was there anything else? Notepads, Stationary.. Anything?! Hopefully someone in the know can help me :D Thanks,

      • Like
    • 102 replies
    • 9.5k views
  10. Tom72
    Started by Tom72,

    Hey guys, been leeching on the forum for a while so thought I might as well actually speak up now! Attended information evening on the 1st Dec and got my application in the post now I know it's jumping the gun as I havnt even been invited to PIRT or anything yet and itll probably be a while. But I was just curious to whether anyone could let me know what times of year training intakes are taken in. I know its SOMETHING like Jan, May and Aug? But I would really like to know specific dates(based on previous years) or if known dates for 2012 :D Thanks again !

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 588 views
  11. mccarthyuk@
    Started by mccarthyuk@,

    Hi, Got my PIRT at WSM tomorrow Been studying up on the PIRT practice test book I got. Any words of wisdom to help get through it? Is the test 2 hours long?! McCarthy

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. JKPlod
    Started by JKPlod,

    Can you choose what beat team you want to be on like give a list of ones you would like?

    • 7 replies
    • 718 views
  13. erh1
    Started by erh1,

    Hi, I have a medical on Nov 12th and, assuming all goes well, I was just wondering when I start if any of you guys who are already in could shed any light on whether there are any sports teams within the special constabulary to get involved in? Preferrably football or rugby!

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  14. stevemeskips
    Started by stevemeskips,

    Would I get away with wearing some light outdoor type trousers with trainers and a tee shirt? Or do you think the Hi vis wetsuit would be in order?

    • 25 replies
    • 3.6k views
  15. JulietwiskeyWSM
    Started by JulietwiskeyWSM,

    I know you're not allowed to have 2 applications on the go but I've passed my interview etc awaiting medical can I now apply to be a reg in another force?

    • 4 replies
    • 804 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.