Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. Matt24
    Started by Matt24,

    It looks like the last intake have got a different type of rain coat with blue/white check on the sleeves and click fast radio docks built sewn on. I dont think the hood is detachable though which in my opinion looks a bit silly and it is slightly shorter in length. I think I prefer the old type with the black collar, although the radio docks would be handy.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Joshuar
    Started by Joshuar,

    Hey, I'm curious to know if there are any 'competitive' sports teams or if there are inter-district tournaments particularly with football? Hope someone can shed some light :D

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  3. Chris9419
    Started by Chris9419,

    HI Guys, Just passed the medical so now waiting for the course start date...hopefully May or if not will be September! Anyone else in the same boat and has just done medical? Currently Police Staff but not even heard many rumours on which course it will be! Thanks

      • Like
    • 42 replies
    • 3k views
  4. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    Hi there, Can anybody pm me a name or email address for someone in the DASH unit, ideally in Taunton. Many thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  5. Domska
    Started by Domska,

    Hi All Got my interview in a couple of days time, I've trawled through some old posts to see if I can get some ideas about what to expect and the sort of thing I will be asked......can anyone else enlighten me? That way I hopefully won't end up like a rabbit in the headlights! Am currently checking up on local policing and core competencies Thanks in advance Domska :D

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Well passed the PIRT last night at staplehill and this time didnt need the toilet!! Funny thing was this time they asked everyone if they needed the toilet!! lol. so now on to the interview , 12 question. now this is heating up.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. Reado
    Started by Reado +,

    Has anyone on here got their Attestation on friday? I have been invited up to see you all, so will be the tall lanky person stood at the back

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12712801 Average speed check cameras on lampposts could be used to catch speeding drivers in Avon and Somerset. Fixed speed cameras across the region are being axed after councils reduced their contributions to their road safety budgets and speed enforcement. It could potentially leave some areas without any speed cameras. But e-mails obtained by the BBC show discussions have taken place about average speed check cameras replacing fixed cameras. Avon and Somerset Police are due to take over running the mobile speed cameras from April after the majority of council funding was axed. Many fixed cameras across Bristol, Bath a…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. Captain Vault
    Started by Captain Vault,

    Hello! I have heard several districts referred to (A-J so far) - can anyone tell me where these actually lie geographically? So far, I know that lots of elderly people live in District J and wonder off and get lost!

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. Captain Vault
    Started by Captain Vault,

    What are the 'liveliest' parts of town in terms of call-outs (excluding the centre on a Fri/Sat evening)? I assume Redland and Clifton are fairly conservative!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Matt24
    Started by Matt24,

    Apparently we can now choose to wear our body armour or not whilst on duty. Just wondered what others thoughts were on this?

      • Like
    • 65 replies
    • 6.2k views
  12. Tho Radia
    Started by Tho Radia,

    Well i Decided to give Google a run to see if i could find some help for this Initial Recruitment test and stumbled in here Baisicly, i've taken the test once already (Failed by less than 2 marks i was told D: ) i did reallllly badly on the First bit with the Spelling (i cant spell, like, at all) didnt do too well with the List Comparason (did ok on the ones i finished but only did about half) and was told i did very well on the last two sections. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or help or... something, i can use to help me out with the first two Sections Thanks

    • 23 replies
    • 2k views
  13. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-12632344 Opening hours at Somerset's 25 police stations are to be changed from June with some becoming appointment only. Avon and Somerset Police said residents in Shepton Mallet, Somerton, Ilminster and Crewkerne would only be able to see officers if they had an appointment. Other police stations across Somerset will also have their public opening hours altered with some reduced and others open at evenings and weekends. The force said the reductions were to provide a more flexible service. It said the stations were not closing completely and policing levels will be unaffected. The move comes after an 18-month review of h…

    • 2 replies
    • 954 views
  14. AverageJoe90
    Started by AverageJoe90,

    Gooooooood Afternoon, I'm new here and been stalking the forums before my first post! Don't worry im not going to ask questions about the test as I've taken time to read the other posts here on the forum. Very scared, hopefully I will pass as I am brain training every hour! Anyone else going to Weston-Super-Mare on the date above? Hope to pass and see you there!!!!!!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  15. yellowombat
    Started by yellowombat,

    Hi there, long time reader first time poster! I'm applying for A&S Constabulary in Bath, passed PIRT, filled out security forms etc, I have my medical at Portishead on 12th Feb and I'm a bit worried about what actually happens - I'm average height and healthy enough but a little on the skinny side and I was wondering if there is a minimum BMI requirement and if so should I put on weight or be asked to gain weight? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.