Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. Tom72
    Started by Tom72,

    Hey just wondering if anyone active here is going to the PIRT in trinity on tuesday? Briefly remember encountering some people before who were How you feeling? Done any/much revision?

      • Like
    • 95 replies
    • 4.1k views
  2. waggo77
    Started by waggo77,

    Just thought I would ask this as the company I work for make such a big deal out of this http://www.legislati...3/contents/made I currently do 44 hours a week in my current job (day shift), and hope to do 40 - 50 hours a month as a Special Constable. Would the Working Time Directive limit me in doing that if I do some night shifts as a Special Constable? Only ask as I've always been under the impression that you can opt out of this? (providing you work a day shift). Does this apply to volunteer work? As in the Special Constabulary? It does state in the "excluded sectors" that Police are excluded. Just wondered if this applies to the Special Constabulary as well? An…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.7k views
  3. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Ok, I just noticed in the SOLAP it has a section for ncalt diversity mods, I have filled the dates out but do I add a log to the book as well?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. Mae123
    Started by Mae123,

    Has anyone been invited to a medical recently or is still waiting to be invited?

    • 1 reply
    • 611 views
  5. mccarthyuk@
    Started by mccarthyuk@,

    Woke up today to find a letter from Sally that my application has been declined due to the "ridged recruitment process" I passed my PIRT and everything seemed fine. I know it's a vague question but what happened? Any ideas? Is disputing going to help?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. JezUK1
    Started by JezUK1,

    Hi Guys, Back in the summer (2010) I pass everything with only the med to go. With the cuts do you no if this current intake will be scrubbed? Whats the latest do any of you know?

  7. Reado
    Started by Reado +,

    Does anyone know how this is getting on in D district? Any chance of it rolling out to the rest of us soon?

    • 5 replies
    • 805 views
  8. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Ok during I.T training we were told to log on to ncalt after 10th Dec with our log ins, problem is were do I get a log in? Also we have to complete the search training by the next mod as requested by Bruce. Anyone know where I get it from.

    • 25 replies
    • 4.8k views
  9. Artibeus
    Started by Artibeus,

    I'm waiting for a response back from PDU for a definitive answer, but in the meantime... Does anyone know if the CLE 2/6 (small pad) is still in use? There seems to be a lot of confusion around. Some believe it's still in use, for vehicles under a certain weight, whereas some believe it has been completely replaced by the 2/8 (long pad). There are plenty of copies of both in the stationary stores around! A search of this forum kicked up a very old thread which suggested it is completely different in different forces, so I am looking for the AvSom answer. And, whichever one it is, does anyone actually use them, or do you just FPN (or both)? I haven't done one (2/6) sin…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  10. bristol_r
    Started by bristol_r,

    Received a message via Sibs that we should take a radio to PPE training. Anyone know the reason for this? Are we supposed to book out a pool radio on our previous shift? Surely this will leave them in very short supply...

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Matt24
    Started by Matt24,

    Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows exactly what kit/uniform A&S get issued. If anyone has the full list or anything? Just curious really. Thanks

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2.5k views
  12. JKPlod
    Started by JKPlod,

    So at what point during the training do you get issued what bits of kits and uniform?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 980 views
  13. Gelf
    Started by Gelf,

    Hi All, this is a poll set up on behalf of Sticky, so in his own words:

    • 7 replies
    • 2.3k views
  14. Tom72
    Started by Tom72,

    This anyone's local station? If I were to get in this would be by local, hence was planning on putting it as my first choice. Heard however it's rather quiet which is good in a sense, but obviously can be a bad thing for a new officer who wants to get "stuck in" and learn as much as he can. Advice?

    • 4 replies
    • 694 views
  15. Old_Spinster
    Started by Old_Spinster,

    Not sure how accurate that table is - it states Avon & Somerset allow Specials to be response trained. Unfortunately, we're only allowed to be A to B with a compliant stop.

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 2.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.