Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avon & Somerset Constabulary

 
 
  1. Giraffe
    Started by Giraffe +,

    Hey all! I'm very pleased to announce that Gelf has been appointed mini-moderator for the Avon & Somerset forum. I'm sure you will show him the same courtesy and respect that you do for the full mods, and join me in congratulating him. :drinking:

    • 6 replies
    • 2.4k views
  2. HarryB1546080987
    Started by HarryB1546080987,

    Noticed this on the local BBC site: could be of interest to any sprogs you know in the area? Posted in the cadets forum: here

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
    HarryB1546080987
  3. fahrenheit
    Started by fahrenheit,

    Hi there everyone, I'm new here. I'm a 19 year old male who plans to join the force, I've signed up for the specials and have my open evening next month, very excited! Anyway, does anybody know when A+S will next be recruiting for regulars? I can't find out anywhere else I've tried online, and the website simply states that recruitment for Constables is closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :D

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. bathgwa
    Started by bathgwa,

    Hi Its a bit quite on the A&S board i was wondering how the fellow officers who attested on the 15th are doing ??? and of course Jezza. GWA

    • 17 replies
    • 2.3k views
  5. lizzie_c
    Started by lizzie_c,

    I start training in September and I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the shift patterns are (i.e. 06:00-14:00,14:00-22:00, etc) and also how much notice you have to get your Sergeant of what shifts you can work?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. on2wheels
    Started by on2wheels,

    Hey, I am currently a special constable in the Met, but am considering moving back to Bristol. Would love to continue as a Special constable. What is the support like for specials in Bristol? Are you guys well looked after and well integrated into response teams? - o2w

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  7. Gelf
    Started by Gelf,

    Would any Bristol District Specials that are available please report to their home stations response skipper for Lates or Nights duties over the next few days. Please do not attempt to self deploy.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. waggo77
    Started by waggo77,

    Hi all. Just thought I would post this thread as I've got a question I really need to clear up! I've noticed from reading various threads on this forum that a lot of applicants have had the opportunity of having a Recruitment Evening. This would give you the opportunity to ask various questions. Unfortunately I did not! Question is... If I got Injured whilst on duty volunteering as a Special and couldn't work for a couple of months in my regular job, where would I stand? Do I have to take out insurance? Any info welcome but I can always ring HR to find out the contact details of the person(s) in charge of the Recruitment Evenings. Neil

    • 17 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Packagebuilder
    Started by Packagebuilder,

    Hi Everyone!!! I have applied to become a special constable!! And my application had pass the paper shift. But the problem I am worried about that I don't hold a full car licence!!! I did pass a full motorcycle test in 2008, as from last year the DVLA had removed the old category A2(33bhp) and replaced it with big bike category A!!! The point being, Can special constables ride a police motorcycle? or will I have to complete a training course? Packagebuilder

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 4k views
  10. RunningTings
    Started by RunningTings,

    Just wondering if anyone from here has their PIRT test tomorrow morning at WSM? Probably not, but worth a shot

      • Like
    • 78 replies
    • 4.1k views
  11. maverick1231546620740
    Started by maverick1231546620740,

    A brand new BBC3 documentary series is looking for serving and retired police officers to tell us about the funniest and strangest things that have happened to them during their career. We’d like to hear about: • The daftest or most incompetent criminals you’ve ever encountered. • The funniest thing that ever happened to you during your time on the force. If you are interested in taking part, please contact us so that we can tell you a bit more about the show. We’d also love to hear your stories. Our programme will provide an insight into best practices, celebrate the achievements of the police and convey a strong central message: Crime doesn’t pay and …

    • 0 replies
    • 655 views
    maverick1231546620740
  12. RunningTings
    Started by RunningTings,

    Sounds like it's a big success, anyone from here involved in any of it? http://twitter.com/#...%23OpRelentless

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  13. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Hello, just wondering if any of you guy will be on duty at staple hill on friday the 15th, I have arranged a ride along and was phoned today and was told it would be a great night .....I will be arriving around 5pm. c see you there. Wayne

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. 5284
    Started by 5284,

    Anybody else on the july 17th course? i'm so excited! get my collar number early next week Tom

      • Like
    • 87 replies
    • 4.7k views
  15. ivan_8551
    Started by ivan_8551,

    IT services have set up a forum on the force intranet, if you need to discuss anything that needs to be properly secure (or that is read by management) you might want to give it a go

    • 1 reply
    • 984 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.