Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. jazman
    Started by jazman * ,

    Hi I am truly thankful to be a part of this forum and I'm sure it will be a very beneficial hub of knowledge and advice as I am permitted to interact. Kindest regards Paul

    • 1 reply
    • 34 views
  2. Albull
    Started by Albull * ,

    Hi everyone, I'm Albull. I'm currently waiting on the results from my Assessment Centre day for Norfolk Constabulary. This site has been a great deal of use already in preparing me to be a special.

    • 1 reply
    • 83 views
  3. GreenGoneBlue
    Started by GreenGoneBlue * ,

    Apparently i have to introduce myself before gaining full access. I wish to remain fairly anonymous on here so won't be giving much away. Cheers. However I'm a newly serving Special and hope to gain some extra information through this forum

    • 3 replies
    • 94 views
  4. Johnny
    Started by Johnny * ,

    Evening all , I am a new member to this forum site , I am 18 years old and I am currently serving as a police community support officer with Thames Valley Police Force. My ambition is to join the British Transport Police as a police officer as soon as their recruitment opens. I need to get in contact with a current serving BTP officer to understand the process and training.

    • 1 reply
    • 244 views
  5. Jimmy2015
    Started by Jimmy2015 * ,

    Hi I am about to start foundation training to join Essex police, I was wondering about warrant cards, from some videos of other forces attestation it seems that warrant cards are now literally. Plastic piece of card? Is this the case now or is it still a leather looking wallet with the relevant forces badge and an ID card inside?

  6. Carpe Noctem
    Started by Carpe Noctem,

    Good evening all. Just joined the page and i'm hoping to get some good advice on the application process. I'm looking at joining Avon And Somerset when they decide to recruit again.

  7. McGarnagle
    Started by McGarnagle,

    Hi, Long time reader and figured I'd make an account and try to meet some people in the same boat as me. Applied and passed all the stages for West Mercia, just waiting for a posting and a start date! Cheers, McGarnagle

    • 2 replies
    • 73 views
  8. GemmaRoughley
    Started by GemmaRoughley * ,

    Hi, my name is Gemma Roughley and I start my special constable training on September 27th! I am really looking forward to being a part of Lancashire Constabulary and I can't wait to start!

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 80 views
  9. marcgsxr
    Started by marcgsxr,

    Afternoon everyone! I thought I'd register on here as I've been reading through a lot of posts throughout the forum since January (when I first applied for the NorPol Specials). Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful on the paper sift so I am now able to re-apply (after a long 6 month wait). I will be sending my application through sometime this week, however, i'm going to be checking over my application a couple of times a day to ensure that I don't miss anything out and check there are no errors at all. I can't put into words how much I'd love it to be accepted, it's been a long term goal of mine since I was little - obviously now for the fact that I love the feeling I g…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 113 views
  10. Cuchuu
    Started by Cuchuu * ,

    Don't see any other posts in here but I would like to ask a question to the main forums so here goes. I'm Reece, 23 and more and more leaning back towards doing my childhood dream to join the police and would like some help and guidance going forward, so cheers!

    • 2 replies
    • 57 views
  11. Darkest
    Started by Darkest * ,

    Hi all, dropping in to say hi. I was a member of this forum many moons ago (no idea what email address I used to log in but I think my username was similar) while applying to become an SC with Surrey Police. I passed all the tests, did my training, and did my attestation. Just before training started I fell pregnant, then with a second child, working my normal shifts around hubby's, I wasn't able to find the spare time and sadly never managed to go out on patrol. Well a house move and many years later and I'm currently filling in an SC application form for D&C police. *Fingers crossed*. This forum was invaluable to me before and I 'met' many great people through…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 125 views
  12. Lively24
    Started by Lively24,

    Hi there, I'm Lively24 and I've been a lurker for a while but felt I should make a profile now. I'm currently in the application process to become a special constable with Humberside police. I've got my assessment centre tomorrow!

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 99 views
  13. Rxp
    Started by Rxp,

    Hi, I'm new to the site. Just had my final interview with west Mercia

    • 1 reply
    • 63 views
  14. MrJ
    Started by MrJ +,

    Hi all, I have been a Special for just over a year now and have used this site as a reference for a wide range of topics. Although it's not legal advice, it's interesting to see the different thought processes that people go through to tackle different scenarios. Hopefully I'll be able to offer some input of my own as well! MrJ

    • 1 reply
    • 75 views
  15. Aaronhunt
    Started by Aaronhunt * ,

    Hi Just had been through application process for a special in Essex. Unfortunately i was unsuccessful so looking for support so i do not fail next time!

    • 3 replies
    • 93 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.