Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Widmerpool
    Started by Widmerpool * ,

    Good morning everyone. I've joined up here because I've embarked on a very long-term research project to identify what works best in policing and justice technology. I'll be looking at UK and international forces, and addressing concerns such as digital intelligence and investigations, information sharing, mobile forms, multi-channel incident reporting and so on. I'm not going to barrage the forum with questions; I've spent far too much time on forums over the years and I know that you only get out what you put in. As time goes on, I'll quite possibly have a few insights to share, perhaps on the IT procurements at the Met and Staffordshire, or what's happening general…

    • 2 replies
    • 61 views
  2. Tonge 16
    Started by Tonge 16,

    Just realised I'm not supposed to ask a question yet but introduce myself, I'm applying to become a special constable and I had my assessment yesterday, hello everyone!! Lol xx

    • 4 replies
    • 123 views
  3. NOBBY1546621343
    Started by NOBBY1546621343 * ,

    hello all, I am writing a book about bailiffs in particular and their disgusting ways....and I am researching why and how the police are and also are forced to support them - by their superiors? bailiffs - private bailiffs - are from private companies.... they are NOT court appointed - yet - police support them totally! - regardless!? why!? a court balifff is a slightly different specie - yet the police don't know the difference - or worse - they do not care........ any thoughts/input? ...

    Reasonable Man +
  4. Lola182
    Started by Lola182,

    I am a 32 year old mother of two young children and part time college student aiming to start a degree next year in Criminology. I am currently at the initial recruitment/application stage for a SC position and want to be as prepared and knowledgable as possible beforehand.

    • 2 replies
    • 73 views
  5. andymcl74
    Started by andymcl74,

    Hi there, I'm Andy from Merseyside, in the process of applying for SC

    • 1 reply
    • 77 views
  6. CouchG
    Started by CouchG * ,

    I am a senior policy advisor at the College of Policing but have arrived in this position with a background of 30 years operational policing within the MPS. As part of this role I will be looking to develop policy and guidance to implement a number of recommendations arising from Tom Winsor report and in particular how members of the SC should be assessed as to competence in their core role. The work will be ongoing to look at advanced or higher levels of competence and how these officers could / should have such levels of work recognised and rewarded. My main purpose of joining is to seek the views of those doing the job and ensure that whatever is developed actually wor…

    • 4 replies
    • 138 views
  7. RewardOurHeroes
    Started by RewardOurHeroes * ,

    Evening officers, I'm not sure what to say really as my first post. So, I speak from the heart. I am in awe of the work everyday ordinary men and women do as serving police officers. I cannot think of a more difficult job. Balancing the interests of the community against the rights of the individual. Putting yourself in situations where most people would want to avoid. I and many others really do appreciate the work serving officers perfom day in day out. So, thank you. Matt W Founder RewardOurHeroes

  8. sarahanne73
    Started by sarahanne73 * ,

    Hi is there any law or highway thingy that states anything about blocking a driveway? at the side of my driveway their is a raised area for traffic calming which then makes things difficult for me to enter and exit my driveway if some one parks opposite ny drive. Is there anything I can do? Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

    • 1 reply
    • 143 views
  9. Fallen
    Started by Fallen +,

    Alright Troops, Haggis here (Ben) I'm 15 at the moment, turning 16 soon. Lookin' to sign up for Police Scotland when I am eligible, currently attempting to get a bit fitter (Killing me), looking to learn a bit more - Been lurking around the forums for a while, decided I might as well join up and get involved.

    • 1 reply
    • 107 views
  10. rickyf3402
    Started by rickyf3402 * ,

    Just has a start date for November 2015 for Warwickshire, anyone else ?

    • 1 reply
    • 73 views
  11. Lumpishhenrey
    Started by Lumpishhenrey,

    Hi, I found out about this website though a google search and found the information very useful for my application to GMP as a special constable. Hoping to learn more whilst on here. Kind regards,

    • 1 reply
    • 80 views
  12. TonyDean
    Started by TonyDean * ,

    Hi all, Just to say hi, My name is Tony and I'm currently post A/C waiting for vetting.

    • 1 reply
    • 65 views
  13. tailstock2003
    Started by tailstock2003 * ,

    Now fully retired, 67 yo former soldier with a second career in the defence industry, I am fascinated by the challenges and solutions involved in modern policing.

    • 10 replies
    • 173 views
  14. Big_Al
    Started by Big_Al * ,

    Hi all! I'm a CKP-qualified 24 year old with an assessment centre for PC recruitment next month!

    • 1 reply
    • 75 views
  15. NOTTS_SC
    Started by NOTTS_SC,

    Hello Everyone, I'm new here and wanted to join to get ask some questions and get some advice on joining the specials. Hope to speak to you soon!! Ryan

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 88 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.