Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. MSWM
    Started by MSWM,

    Been here a while but forgot my user name. So saying hi!

    • 3 replies
    • 152 views
  2. darkhorse85
    Started by darkhorse85,

    Hello I am a new memeber and I am posting here to gain full access to standard website forums and areas. Thank you for your time.

  3. zester
    Started by zester,

    Hi, Im Michael - I am the partner of someone who is currently mid application to join the Police and I am trying to help out by finding some information. Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 203 views
  4. jammydodger
    Started by jammydodger,

    Hi, I am in the process of joining Thames Valley as a Special. I have passed the shortlisting, interview and dictation test. I have passed my references. Waiting to hear from Vetting. Fitness and medical booked in for late October. Uniform fitting will be the same day. At the moment looking at either Dec'15 or Feb'16 training dates. I work 5 days a week in an office so will do evenings and weekends. I have set my heart on being a Special so would be so disappointed if I didn't get through. I went on a Ride-Along with my local station and the team were amazing and looking forward to working with them. Jammy Dodger

    • 2 replies
    • 110 views
  5. Igloo
    Started by Igloo,

    Hi Guys, I'm Matt, 26 and have just been invited to the assessment centre on the 2nd September with Warwickshire (At West Mercia due to their collaboration). Really looking forward to it, Doing a lot of research at the moment into what i'm likely to be asked! Hopefully i'll be successful and you'll see more of me around!

    • 10 replies
    • 158 views
  6. Robert Green
    Started by Robert Green * ,

    Hello and hope it's ok to share this with you... It's our university FB page for the forensic science programmes at the university of kent. Some of the topics will, I think, be of interest to some of you. I try to post to the page with case studies and the latest of what's happening in the world of forensic science and crime scene investigation etc. As a former member of the Special Constabulary myself - thanks for all your service and rest assured it is appreciated by most. The link is .... https://www.facebook.com/sps.forensics I post most days to the page with news, ebooks and other articles which I hope will be of interest to you. Best wishes to all

    • 1 reply
    • 76 views
  7. iabm
    Started by iabm,

    Hello all, Quick introduction I'm based in Yorkshire and work over on the south of the river as an Environmental Crime Officer. Looking forward to reading the posts and joining in on discussions B

    • 1 reply
    • 77 views
  8. shod123
    Started by shod123,

    Hi just looking to see if i can make contact with anyone else who starts Tulliallan in September 15?

    Cherylodonnell *
  9. zester
    Started by zester,

    Im Michael - partner of someone applying to join the police and looking to get some more information.

    • 1 reply
    • 75 views
  10. Thebear27!
    Started by Thebear27!,

    Hello, I am not a member of the police but I'm very interested in gauging responses and obtaining information on the direct entry scheme. In addition any advice on transition from the military.

    • 1 reply
    • 103 views
  11. KasiaS
    Started by KasiaS,

    Hi guys! Just a quick hello from me. My name is Kasia and I recently applied for a SC in SYP. Still waiting for my application to be approved though.

    • 2 replies
    • 82 views
  12. scrambo
    Started by scrambo,

    Good morning all, My name is Sam and I have my Day 1 for Met Special Constable coming up in October. Just joined up to look for advice and share anything I learn and pick-up along the way

    • 2 replies
    • 107 views
  13. zester
    Started by zester,

    michael, partner of someone applying to join police; looking for guidance

    • 1 reply
    • 33 views
  14. Woodsmoke
    Started by Woodsmoke * ,

    Hi folks, Joined today as I need some advice and would like to keep up to date with certain rules and regs. Many thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 222 views
  15. Samisamsamo
    Started by Samisamsamo * ,

    Hi I'm new

    • 4 replies
    • 196 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.