Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. fairl3y20
    Started by fairl3y20 * ,

    Hello, I'm a 20 year old graduate photography student from West Lothian. I have been trying to find somewhere online where I can express my concerns about situations I have right now. I also want to be knowledged more about the laws within the UK and hopefully can seek help through this. Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 140 views
  2. Jmttdr
    Started by Jmttdr,

    Afternoon, As instructed, I am new to this forum.

    • 3 replies
    • 139 views
  3. musashi
    Started by musashi * ,

    I've been studying law for the last six years and found this site during research on the same matter of security guards and I.D. They really do want to remain anonymous, don't they? In a reply from Kathryn(?) at the SIA Contct Centre at ifo@sia.homeoffice.gov.uk she states the following; Thank you for your email. Front line staff must wear the licence where it can be seen at all times when engaging in designated licensable activity unless you have reported it lost or stolen, or it is in the possession of the SIA. If you have any further enquiries please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page on our website. You can also check the progress of an application on our we…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 111 views
  4. Justme25
    Started by Justme25,

    Hi All, I am here to learn about how specific areas of the law are enforced locally & nationally so that I can better advise my customers so that they fully comply with all the regulations. I teach learners to drive & full licence holders to tow trailers so the biggest area for me will be re the tacho & O licence regs. I have already posted my first question over in the Road Policing section. Cheers Richard

    • 1 reply
    • 248 views
  5. chs2015
    Started by chs2015 * ,

    did 17 years, left cause of the pension changes. Get out while you can if you ask me. Is that enough???

  6. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Well, hello Officers! I'm Connor, 15 and from North Yorkshire. I've recently applied for the new pilot scheme of Volunteer Police Cadets in North Yorkshire Police which is why I've signed up. I should find out in the next week, fingers crossed!

    • 2 replies
    • 95 views
  7. 60Rabbits
    Started by 60Rabbits * ,

    Hi, I'm going to be joining the Special Constabulary in Cambs starting training in September. :D. Very excited Sent from my T1 7.0 using Tapatalk

    • 2 replies
    • 65 views
  8. SoutheastEN
    Started by SoutheastEN * ,

    I've always wanted to join the police force since I was young - but as my career's been taking off, being a special is as far as I'd be able to go. I of course have questions, but this isn't the question place, it's the introduction place. So here's me, introducing myself from the Beds/Herts area (yes - which force to apply to will be one of my questions!). Wishing all well.

    • 2 replies
    • 63 views
  9. Dazza elliott
    Started by Dazza elliott * ,

    Hi everyone I went for my medical on the 20th august does anyone know how long the results take to come back. The assessment can back within a week by email which I couldn't believe I had passed to the next stage (medical) this was on the 28th July Thank you Darren

    • 2 replies
    • 72 views
  10. MuratMurat
    Started by MuratMurat * ,

    Hi every one Day 1 & 2 is 24 september. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 85 views
  11. DeadMansShoes
    Started by DeadMansShoes * ,

    I hope I am doing this correctly. I am a serving police officer with 13 years in the job. I woul dprefer not to say which force I 'serve' in at this time. Is this enough to hve my new member restrictions lifted....?

    • 1 reply
    • 45 views
  12. BlueLightJones
    Started by BlueLightJones * ,

    Hows it going? I'm hoping to join Police Scotland either this year or next year as a special, it's something I've always wanted to do and now it may become a reality.

    • 1 reply
    • 64 views
  13. abbot21
    Started by abbot21 * ,

    Hi Everyone..! My name is Kyle Abbot. I am new here. I am looking forward for some information about the police skills and other knowledge which can be helpful for me in the near future,

    • 2 replies
    • 81 views
  14. Jmttdr
    Started by Jmttdr,

    Evening all, New to the forum! Please could you validate me? J

    • 1 reply
    • 32 views
  15. CharleyBrant
    Started by CharleyBrant * ,

    Hi my name is Charley. I'm 16 and am about to start my a levels studying psychology, sociology, philosophy, and politics. I plan to go to university to study criminal psychology, and applied psychology. I plan to join the police force pretty much as soon as I can starting as a special and working my way up and figured this forum to be a good place to have some of my questions answered.

    • 1 reply
    • 57 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.