The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
So yesterday I did possibly the stupidest thing I've done in recent years, I washed my mobile phone. However to my utter disbelief (and the disbelief of my Girl friend who works in a phone shop) It still works!!!! I was absolutely gob smacked. It lead to a discussion about stupid things we've done so I thought I'd extend the question to the forum. What absolutely stupid things have you done in the past, either on or off the job?
-
Background! I had an interesting differing of opinion yesterday, mostly about whether pub fights, or fights in general are avoidable or not. I suggest that they are, that you have to have a certain demeanor, go to the wrong places, or interact with the wrong people for them to happen. My antagonist was saying that plenty of people have just hit him for no reason and he could have done nothing to stop it. From his demeanor and attitude, I found it hard to believe that he was partly to blame, from unconscious signals or maybe a more conscious effort to go in harms way. So I just wondered what your opinions are, as people who may have seen the after effects more than mo…
-
http://www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/index.html This is the site that has the Union Jack pins that the Metropolitan Police was banned from waring till the Petition changed somones mind. Plus they have now 9,000 Thanks Appeal. 9,000 British Troops are currently serving in Afghanistan, doing a wonderful job under very difficult and dangerous circumstances, putting their lives on the line each and every day. And we want to say THANK YOU, not just once but 9,000 times! Our aim is to send a thank you note to each and every Serviceman or woman deployed on Op Herrick and to let them know how proud we are of them. Many people have been in touch rece…
-
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2486894/RAF-girls-fly-by-the-seat-of-their-panties.html Why would you be annoyed about this?
-
- 23 replies
- 986 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just reading on another forum about thieves who stole a horse trailer and two ponies.. the trailer floor gave way, dragging the horse for several miles and severing a leg. The callous gits then just un-hitched the trailer with ponies still inside and left it in agony.. People who can do this just make me sick. The poor animal was found by a passer by some time later.. I hope the sickos who did this get caught.
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1207448/Film-maker-taken-court-stealing-0-003p--cost-5-000-taxpayer.html I just cannot believe that this story is true. If it is someone should be given the chop, a complete waste of public money.
-
- 4 replies
- 304 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
I disappear for five minutes ( ok well maybe not just 5 minutes, it just seems like that in my addled brain!!) and have a quick catch up to see the Mod staff have had a few additions... congrats to all. It was always a huge part on this site that the moderators were very very skilled in their work. From what I can see the new additions will only carry that tradition on! Well done...
-
A jumbo jet is making its final approach to Coolangatta Airport. The pilot comes on the intercom, 'This is your Captain. We're on our final descent into Coolangatta. I want to thank you for flying with us today and hope you enjoy your stay on the Gold Coast. He forgets to switch off the intercom. Now the whole plane can hear his conversation from the cockpit. The co-pilot can be heard saying to the pilot, 'So, Skip, whatcha got planned while we're on the Gold Coast?' 'Well,' says the skipper, 'first I'm gonna check into the hotel, take a big crap....then I'm gonna take that new stewardess with the huge chest out for dinner.... I'm gonna wine and dine her, tak…
-
While going through YouTube for stuff to put on the Best Ads thread, I fould this.
-
- 9 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
...goes on patrol with some officers. Is it the cheapness of booze which is the problem, or the binge culture which has developed? Will making booze say, more expensive reduce drunkeness or just increase people's debt? To my mind every politician ought to go out on a regular ride along to see what it's like, and the problems faced by coppers. Same with the NHS. And they should take a serious interest in the industries local to them.
-
- 2 replies
- 268 views
- 1 follower
-
-
BBC story What beats me about this story is this bit. The plot was exposed in May 2008 when former soldier Lee Standeven, 24, of Clapgate Crescent, Widnes, posted him a parcel of heroin and mobile Sim cards. The court heard prison guards were suspicious when the envelope arrived with a Ministry of Justice emblem on it - but it was sent from Cheshire. A sniffer dog indicated it contained drugs and the envelope was opened. Why isn't every bit of mail to a prisoner opened and scrutinised as a matter of course? Stuff their rights to privacy. They lost those when they went to jail.
-
And a very happy birthday to you mate, hope your year goes well!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
-
Just found a link to this New York Times story on the Lockergnomes computer help forum of all places. Anyone else heard this ? Complete Article
-
Your Duck is Dead: A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said; "I'm sorry, your duck (Cuddles) has passed away." The distressed woman wailed; "Are you sure?" "Yes, I am sure. The duck is dead." replied the vet. "How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something." The vet rolled his eyes, turned around, and left the room. He returned a few minutes later with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck'…
-
- 5 replies
- 689 views
- 1 follower
-