The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/8071174/Three-peers-face-suspension-over-200000-expense-claims.html These people are a complete disgrace, they are basically crooks. Baroness Udin has apparently paid back the £125000.00 that she fraudulently claimed, if she was as innocent as she tried to make out she would not have paid it back. Good job it wasn't a police officer claiming a couple of quid when he shouldn't have done, he would have been dismissed by now. One law for them, one law for others.
-
- 5 replies
- 374 views
- 2 followers
-
-
During the last 36 hours I have noted that Sky News, CNN International and BBC World news have been transmitting live around the clock from the scene of the Chilean mine rescue. I have to say that I don't think the event merits the sort of coverage given. Particularly so when there are serious issues at home - the possible blue-on-blue death of a British hostage in Afghanistan by US forces, and the 7/7 bombings inquest. I am beginning to wonder if this "global" story in Chile is actually being used to distract viewers in UK (& maybe those who actually watch CNN International as distinct from local CNN Affiliates in USA) from the bad news at home. Or am I just b…
-
- 19 replies
- 743 views
- 2 followers
-
-
hi,my ex partner,(who was arrested 6 wks ago for bricking my bedroom window,and has been arrested 3 times previously for domestic violence),assaulted me last week but actually caught my babies face,when the police arrived hed gone but they could see theredness of her cheek,he went on the run for 3 daysthen handed himself in,and was bailed after denying it to his mums address,the rd behind mine,i now have social services investigating and he has a witness who says i attacked him,which is obv a friend lying,as no one was there,apart from 3 women outside the park who gave their names to the police.but although they heard us argue and saw a struggle,as they didnt actually see…
-
- 5 replies
- 807 views
- 1 follower
-
-
SAN FRANCISCO – Yasir Afifi, a 20-year-old computer salesman and community college student, took his car in for an oil change earlier this month and his mechanic spotted an odd wire hanging from the undercarriage. The wire was attached to a strange magnetic device that puzzled Afifi and the mechanic. They freed it from the car and posted images of it online, asking for help in identifying it. Two days later, FBI agents arrived at Afifi's Santa Clara apartment and demanded the return of their property — a global positioning system tracking device now at the center of a raging legal debate over privacy rights. One federal judge wrote that the widespread use of the …
-
I love that newspaper. It is such an entertaining read and when we buy it I am the first to go through it until I reach the sport's pages, finis. Admittedly I do not spend a lot of time digesting it but it covers such a range of subjects I feel well informed at the conclusion - (chokes). It is pure entertainment and that is what I want. Mrs Dreddy also loves it and I love it because she loves it. It keeps her quiet in the evening after she has finished with the dishwasher and tidied the kitchen and got my footstool out. I keeps her from grabbing at the TV control and disturbing my leisure and thinking time. The police stories are so c…
-
Ok witch one of you lot are responsable for this mess. Its a little bit speeded up but still a mess. http://comedy.video.yahoo.com/?v=46266ranroz2010-09-12 14:25:48
-
- 8 replies
- 682 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am sure most you will have read HMG press release but for those of you who just earn over the 45000 it will have a real impact, and for many single parent officers this will also be a double blow, what seems grossly unfair is that a couple earning 87000 will still get it, as it only targets one tax earner over 44000, so couples where one earns over 45000 will also lose out due to that higher earner. I have today written to my MP as this seems a little unfair, I know for one that any high rate Pc, ps ,insp will be targeted, and for most where only one partner is working the child benefit does make some difference, how can it be fair that income earners of up to 87000 sti…
-
- 80 replies
- 2.8k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Drunk driver drives into a Police HQ car park and gets caught. What a numpty. The last line of THE ARTICLE is particularly worrying though. A paltry £150 fine... Edited to please the conceited one.999tommo2010-10-13 10:31:05
-
- 7 replies
- 331 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've just seen this on another forum; it's one of the daftest discussions I've seen, so I've copied the link below. Have fun! http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12735311&highlight=
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can somebody please explain to Mrs B, that Man flu is a genuine debilitating illness. I can just about manage to post this message, but now feel the need to go take a nap to recover from the strain!! Backlash2010-10-12 19:26:47
-
- 22 replies
- 679 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Absolutely amazing. A man is told by his Doctor that he has cancer and a few months to live, so to get his affairs in order, the man sells his house, his pets and cashes in on family heirlooms, only to be told by another Doctor that he's fine and not got cancer at all !!!! I can see a BIG claim being made here....assuming of course that it is all true. I did find the story in the DAILY MAIL after all !!
-
- 8 replies
- 292 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Interesting reading in THIS NEWS TOPIC from the BBC website. I think that HMG are just going too far and it's going to bite them on the bum. If all of these people are going to lose their jobs, then ultimately, they are going to need financial support from HMG, instead of being paid and earning an honest crust. If this pattern goes on throughout the UK, then eventually the country will be in far worse financial turmoil than at present.
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/cabinet-expenses/ All those on this list except Benn should have CRO numbers after their names.
-
I got a new gadget today, early birthday pressie from Mr W. An Amazon Kindle as I read avidly. Very easy to set up and already has 7 books wirelessly downloaded. I'm ridiculously pleased with it, and think for once I have a gadget I will actually use for a considerable time. Of course it got me thinking about my previous gadget 'crimes'. You know what I mean, those 'must have' gadget purchases you couldn't live without. The ones that are now either in the back of a drawer or cupboard. Mine include a Suduko machine and a Countdown game, and an all singing/dancing kitchen chopper/slicer/peeler thing that has so many parts I never unwrapped half of them!! What are YOUR ga…
-
- 40 replies
- 1.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11485792 On the other hand, I have met Essex Man and Essex Girl while living here.
-
- 2 replies
- 242 views
- 1 follower
-