Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. IanW
    Started by IanW +,

    ...but on Sky TV they have a Christmas Movies channel and i might be watching one of those said Christmas films now! But shhhhh dont tell @David

    • 11 replies
    • 900 views
  2. sparkydale
  3. SPCYIO
    Started by SPCYIO,

    Hi - I am a serving officer and two years ago at the age of 37, I had the courage to report to my own force that I had bee a victim of child abuse when I was in my early teens. The force support was excellent - in particular, it was made slightly complicated as up to three other forces became involved in the case. The process was a difficult one for me to cope with ('specially from the other side of the coin!), but eventually the outcome was positive. The offender was traced and received 9 years ( still serving ). Anyway - without talking too much, I just wanted to offer my support to anyone out there that may have been a victim like me, and who may have or maybe finding …

  4. Pathca
    Started by Pathca +,

    • 1 reply
    • 786 views
  5. OldAfricaHand
    Started by OldAfricaHand,

    May you have many, many more of them and lots of sunny days in between. Have a great day

  6. westie
    Started by westie,

    I know that the weather in the uk has been really dreadful to say the least, but lets spare a thought for any forum members across the pond who are experiencing freezing temperatures in many many places. One person I know of is our good friend Croby. I hope that everyone over there keeps safe and warm, and if you read this Croby, how are you doing in the bad weather ?

  7. chrislord
    Started by chrislord,

    Hi Guys, My Dad's due to retire from the force in a month at 49 (just)... We've been looking into a few different avenues for him as a second career as 49 is pretty young to hang up the boots fully! I'm not finding a lot of inspiration for potential second careers out there, apart from civvy roles within the police. I know his skill set is broad, even if he thinks (that after 30 years in the police) it's not. So I'm looking for a bit of inspiration or retired bobbies that have found a second career, either through retirement or even jumping ship at an earlier age. Any thoughts or experiences are welcome. Thanks in advance. Chris

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. skydiver
    Started by skydiver +,

    I don't know if anyone noticed that the announcement of an 11% pay rise for junior doctors included the proviso that automatic increments would be stopped. I've now read that the armed forces are going to be subject to the same changes http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/11981015/Armed-Forces-personnel-to-be-denied-automatic-pay-rises-as-George-Osborne-looks-to-make-efficiency-savings.html How long will it be before the police are treated the same way given the Tories hatred of automatic pay rises and their current antipathy towards us. I wonder what issue they will exploit in order to find an excuse to stop ours?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Reasonable Man +
  9. The Undertaker
    Started by The Undertaker +,

    I hope the mods don't mind me starting this, thought it would be interesting to see what other forums fellow members use? As mentioned in my intro, I have used another similar forum, however I prefer this because of its busy nature, and also it appears to have its fingers in many pies, I have followed the twitter feed, and just looking through your facebook page as well. Apart from that I browse the Sky forums a lot, always good discussion about shows, and broadcasting decisions etc, digitalspy is fantastic as well for broadcasting issues. Your thoughts?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. westie
    Started by westie,

    With the interest rate having been so low since 2009, I think Mark Carney wants to make his mind up as to when the rate will increase again. I've heard so many conditions under which he will have them increase, but when that time comes it doesn't happen. I think he is extracting the urine with the British public

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. westie
    Started by westie,

    I don't understand it. HMG want the house of lords, indeed, add many peers to it, then, when in the Lords the vote goes against HMG, Osborne and others are complaining that the Lords are unelected. Surely they can't have it both ways, or am I missing something ? After all, isn't hat what the house of lords is for.

      • Like
    • 68 replies
    • 6k views
  12. Y0d4
    Started by Y0d4,

    Few direct entry candidates here? http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/04/police-kettle-students-home-office-hit-smoke-bombs-london-protest

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. ScotLass
    Started by ScotLass +,

    I recently did a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test just for a bit of fun and was quite surprised at how closely the profile fit me. Have you done yours? What type are you? Just for a bit of fun - complete the questionnaire in the link below http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp (Also I'm curious as to whether there's a trend for certain personality types in policing - there have been various studies I believe but I'm just curious about the population of PC.com)

  14. Fedster
    Started by Fedster,

    We have been around for a whole year Our 1st Birthday - Blog

  15. Norcon Hobby Bobby
    Started by Norcon Hobby Bobby,

    Just saw a trailer for this on youtube and it looks hilarious, I honestly thought it was a comedy sketch. I didn't realise that Sparta was a real company! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06mypvn I haven't seen anything on the forum yet so thought I would post the link.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 829 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.