The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Rather him than me I think...
-
http://www.retronaut.co/2012/05/ghosts-of-the-tardis-1930-2011/ Some lovely pics of where police boxes used to stand.
-
Congratulations to Merlin who won this months competition with her take on the subject "Texture" below: Birkenau Concentration Camp, Poland by merlin820_special, on Flickr
-
I've just seen on the news that because of his health,and the fact that he may not live to see the end result, the charges have been halved,but the trial is still estimated to take approx. 3 years. What I don't understand is, why can't he stand trial for, lets say the deaths of say 5000 people, and have the remaining offences acknowledged by way of something similar to being TIC'd just as is done in the courts over here (but of course far far lesser offences). Once found guilty of the deaths of say 5000, sad,so sad as the other offences may be, 5k 10k or however many, must by that stage be 'irrelevent' That way the trial will be far far shorter, but will have the same res…
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2147372/Aborigine-rage-golliwog-doll-goes-sale-tourist-shops-Australia.html oh dear dear, will the PC Brigade ever get over themselves, it's just a doll for Christs sake. I bet the PC Brigade put the Aborigine up to complaining.
-
-
- 12 replies
- 972 views
- 2 followers
-
-
There seem to be lots of skateboarders around these days. I suppose it is only to be expected as the UK seems to follow every fad that the US shows on TV, but do you find some of their antics dangerous? Have some of them caused any significant damage to property in your area?
-
As per usual folks cast your votes and feel free to discuss! the winner is the one with the most votes on the 21st May 2012 the topic of the month was "Texture" 1 West Pier by PeteFlintMurray, on Flickr 2 Easter Egg by wcarnby, on Flickr 3 'Common' stump by AmourRuss, on Flickr 4 Birkenau Concentration Camp, Poland by merlin820_special, on Flickr 5 DSCF6704 by SukeyPics, on Flickr 6 American Obelisk in London by Sergeant_Colon, on Flickr 7 Rope by Mark Littledale, on Flickr 8 Eternal Rail Replacement Service by Jon Calhoun, on Flickr 9 _IGP9166 by whitecmi, on Flickr 10. monster by theshakeshaft, on Flickr
-
Hey guys, as we near the end of the football season i thought I'd start a thread for people to put on their predictions on. Please give your guesses for all four divisions regardless if you haven't been following them. The prediction questions are as follows: 1, PREMIER LEAGUE -- Champions? -- 2nd, 3rd, 4th? --Relegated? 2,CHAMPIONSHIP --Champions? --2nd? --Play off winners? --Relegated? 3, LEAGUE ONE? --Champions? --2nd? --Play off winners? --Relegated? 4,LEAGUE TWO? --Champions? --2nd? --Play off winners? --Relegated?
-
- 9 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
Right everyone, let's have some good news stories. They can be something you've read or something that's happened to you personally- come and share them all with the forum, because I think we need to hear them right now!
-
-
- 15 replies
- 1.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Thought this'd be interesting (watch as none of you now reply )..... Basically the idea is you suggest a song you think others may like - but, it's got to be a song you don't think many are likely to have heard. So, nothing by The Doors, nothing by Oasis, nothing by 'Dizze Rascal' - nothing 'mainstream' - it can be your favourite B-Side, your favourite cover that you think nobody will have heard, or your favourite song by a 'lesser known band' Go!!! 'England' by the National http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hl6GnmvMMA&feature=related 'England' - cover by Mumford & Sons (a very good version of the above original) I eagerly await other people's submissions…
-
Hi all, as a (pretty much) new driver, I am looking at taking some more tests to increase my knowledge, (I know experience is the best way to increase knowledge..but i'm too impatient ) I was going to take the pass plus, but everyone and his dog has that qualification, and from what i've heard its common sense. I wouldn't class myself as a new driver, I have had my fair share of motorway/nightime/wet/strenuous driving, infact I think i'm a better driver than my dad who's been driving for 30+ years I've read roadcraft, know it inside out, and my driving instructor was ex traffic and an ex army driver, so he gave me a few extra pointers in the lessons. Someone recomme…
-
-
- 16 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/9273713/Fathers-disgust-as-metal-thieves-steal-memorial-to-children-killed-by-IRA-Warrington-bomb.html I should realise after 32 years as a Police Officer, but I stiil find it difficult to believe that there is Pondlife who would stoop so low as to steal a plaque for scrap value of around £30. I just hope whoever stole it gets the full force of the law thrown at him/her. A despicable act by a despicable Pondlife. Someone stole a large plaque off the |Plymouth Naval Memorial, but the scrape metal dealer reported the thief to the local police, lets hope it happens in this case.
-
Sex toys worth more than £11,000 have been taken during a burglary at a Worcestershire flat. More than 400 items stored in four large suitcases were taken from the flat in Gilgal, Stourport-on-Severn between 9 and 10 May. The toys belonged to online mail order company, Happy Bunny. Manager Kylie Jones, 24, said she was angry and upset, adding: "I'm not seeing their logic in terms of why they would want to steal them." Ms Jones's father, Nigel, who owns the business, said: "You try to get something going and they have disrupted it and for what? "If they manage to sell them then I would give them a job." Source: BBC News