Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Dave SYP

    I have dealt with business contracts and contractors who provide goods and services for many years and I have found that some companies who hold Royal Warrants supply no better quality goods or services than some of their competitors and can be marginally more expensive. Do you have any similar experiences?

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2k views
  2. maka
    Started by maka,

    Right, So I have ventured into a field I once despised. That is the land of the roadies. I seen them as boring stuffy old blokes with greying hair who rode 60 miles for a pint of ale then went home... maybe I had a bad experience with some... But I have bought a Road Bike, and all the kit. So was wondering does anyone else do it?any tips, suggestions, and the big one for me, I don't mind jerseys but I will not wear the road shorts, It's all a bit too much go go power rangers for my linking. Any idea what I can wear instead?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172300/Tony-Blairs-job-UK-politics-leaving-Downing-Street--advising-Labour-policy-review.html Labour, and Nasal Ed must have really hit the bottom of thre barrel, bringing that liar, war criminal, self possessed, excuse my french, arsehole, back into the top echelons of the party. . Perhaps they want him to finish of GB for good. We have a good replacement for Fat John Prescott, that arch slob, Watson, a man so far up his own..........that I am surprised he untangled to go to the party. I suppose this means we shall be seeing more of the epithomy of greed, collector of Freebies, Cherie the Mouth Blair.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 692 views
  4. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    Anyone else suffering??? Thousands of O2 mobile subscribers have lost voice and data services across the UK due to a problem with the network. The firm said that it had begun experiencing issues "at lunchtime" but was unable to explain the cause. GiffGaff and Tesco Mobile customers - who also make use of O2's masts - have also been affected.O2 said the problem is not based on geography. Some subscribers still have connections at the same location as others who do not. A statement on the firm's website said: "Those customers affected will have difficulty making or receiving calls, sending texts or using data. Our engineers are dealing with the problem as a priority and …

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 2.8k views
  5. matti5041
    Started by matti5041,

    Hello Im a serving police officer and out of my probation, I currently work a full shift pattern and intend to continue doing so. Does anyone here have any experience of serving in the TA and being a police officer, how did youy find balancing everything and how did work take it etc any responses appreciated.

  6. firepower
    Started by firepower,

    If music be the food of love, play on. As a guitarist, here is one of my favourites :smiley_notworthy:

    • 0 replies
    • 701 views
  7. Shootist
    Started by Shootist,

    A serious question. Most people would say that it is important to act with honour, but what is honour? One man might murder his daughter for 'honour', another, hopefully, would not. So, can we come up with a working, sensible, civilised, definition of the word 'Honour'? I'm hoping for some sensible discussion here, so please, no "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand." type answers, or other half witticisms. I have my own ideas, but would like to hear from others. As a starter, most 'Honour Courts' in civilised countries seem to revolve around the idea of honesty, in speech or action. The basic grounds for a challenge to a duel was long that a man's word, and thus …

  8. firepower
    Started by firepower,

    So how do I do this?

  9. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    I love technology and always have the latest gadgets but I'm reluctant to get into the ebook craze. I enjoy showing off what I'm reading to people on the train and obviously with an ebook you cannot do that. I tend to read quite intellectual science books to make me look clever lol!

    • 0 replies
    • 465 views
  10. Dave SYP
    Started by Dave SYP +,

    I recently called my local hospital to re-arrange my consultant appointment and the receptionist was so grumpy, bordering on rude in fact, I had to ask her why she was treating me in this way. I had done nothing to make her behave this way, other than wanting to re-arrange my appointment. She totally missed the point and just continued to deal with me in her abrupt manner. I WILL be speaking to her and/or her supervisor on the newly appointed day, as I will not tolerate this sort of behaviour from anyone, especially as in this role she should be friendly and understanding at the very least. Have you had any similar experiences lately?

      • Like
    • 54 replies
    • 3.8k views
  11. OldAfricaHand
    Started by OldAfricaHand,

    My wife delivered twin boys last week and this week Andy Murray has reached the Men's Finals - so despite the bloody awful weather - all seems right with the world. Have a great weekend everyone

  12. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Is Avant the best browser out there ? http://www.avantbrowser.com/ It is faster then Chrome, seems to have everything all the others have plus more, worth a look IMO. Only one minor problem with it, I can thou live with it. It does not erase HATO from my screen, annoying but true. :raz:

    • 2 replies
    • 802 views
  13. Dave SYP
    Started by Dave SYP +,

    Mrs. Dave SYP and I are parents and grandparents. We agree on 'helping out' our offspring financially, in small ways when necessary, but there are limits. My wife and I never had any financial help from our parents, as they were as poor as church mice and we wouldn't have asked anyway, as it wasn't the 'done thing' then. Are you ''Bank of Mom and Dad" types, or do you go to your parents or grandparents for financial help? Do you agree that parents and grandparents should be helping their offspring out financially?

      • Like
    • 50 replies
    • 3.6k views
  14. po_editorial
    Started by po_editorial,

    Related Story: Winsor: 'Cuts Prompt Fed Chair's Departure'

    • 0 replies
    • 6.5k views
  15. Police Oracle1546081498
    Started by Police Oracle1546081498,

    Related Story: Winsor: 'Cuts Prompt Fed Chair's Departure'

    • 0 replies
    • 881 views
    Police Oracle1546081498

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.