The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177099/Speaker-John-Bercow-charged-taxpayers-624-limo-ride-breathless-night-wife-seaside-resort.html That Poison Dwarf Bercow still taking the public for a ride. He should be paying for this holiday, not taking it at the tax payers expence, he should not have used his offical car, or he should pay all the monies back.They still haven't learnt from the expences fiasco. I think Bercow is the most obnoxious MP in parliament,(with a wife who has little dignity) who has such a high opinion of himself, I am really surprised that Cameron hasn't got rid of him.
-
Bearing in mind specials no longer get issued with ceremonial uniform, are we allowed to wear our standard issue uniform to funerals of close relatives and friends? Non serving that is? Thanks!
-
@MPSMerton : 12 Oct at Wellington Barracks, London. Main event at huge boxing charity night for Royal Marsden - aiming to raise 150 K ! Merton MPS @MPSMerton "Terrible" Tim using his daughter & Mayor to motivate his training. I think I have him scared ! #boxing pic.twitter.com/YGhYWh http://www.standard....=internalSearch Met commander steps into ring with heavyweight boxing champ I feel a beating coming on :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=432&cat=boxer Tim has lost his last two fights, maybe he can make it three on the trot :) :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
-
I am spending part of this summer vacation peer reviewing and proofreading a post-doctoral research paper by a colleague in our Teacher Training Unit. My colleague is a specialist in a branch of applied linguistics called "SLA", or "Second Language Acquisition" and has a Doctor of Education degree in that subject as well as a Master's in English. She is Swedish but her paper is written in English and it concerns some research she has been conducting into the differences between the vocabulary advanced learners think they know, and what they actually know. This paper is peripheral to my own research interest, which is theoretical linguistics, mainly pragmatics (context, s…
-
-
- 39 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've only been a part of this forum for around eight months, which, isn't a long time at all. I know there are some users on here that have been a part of the forum since the dawn of time. What I have seen in these eight months is a fair few unflattering comments relating to subjects and/or degrees that are achievable through university. One example of a 'Fake' subject is "Fashion". A few comments have been made about this subject to the effect of "It's a joke" or, that it's not a real subject. I'm not going to quote any names or any specific posts, as I'm sure many of you are aware of these posts. Firstly, I'd like to mention that I've met a Police Constable, aRegula…
-
Congratulations to Javioli who has won this month's Competition with his take on the subject of "Architecture" with the following picture: North Pier by Dave Wilson Cumbria, on Flickr
-
Hi everyone, looking for a bit of info... I will be moving into my first flat next week and am at the stage of finalising everything. One thing that has come up is that the current owner, who doesn't live there, does not know who the utilities suppliers are. This is for both gas and electricity. My question is how do I go about getting my own arrangements put in place? I know I should take meter readings when I get the keys but what do I then do with these? It's all been done through lawyers etc. so I don't know who to refer these companies on to if they then send me a bill? Any advice/experience would be greatly appreciated...
-
http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/06/07/2012/133805/E-petition-calls-for-fairer-milk-prices.htm An e-petition has been launched to campaign for fairer milk prices for dairy farmers. The online petition calls on the government to step in to help dairy farmers and reverse the devastating milk price cuts, which they claim will drive many out of business. Addressed to DEFRA, the petition says: "The UK government must do more to protect the interests of British dairy farmers. "The low price of milk is forcing extremely hard-working farming families in to poverty and increasing the dependence on antibiotics that will have a devastating affect on the industry. "If the price of …
-
Today is the 40th anniversary of the Battle of Mirbat, when a group of 9 SAS soldiers, an Intelligence Cpl, an MI6 operative, and a few locally-enlisted Pakistani troopers of the Sultan of Oman's Armed Forces fought a ferocious defensive battle against a large force of FLOSY terrorists. hell-dent on occupying the desert outpost in which the SAS were based training the Sultan's forces. The battle was characterised by the action of Sgt Labalaba, who single-handedly manned a 25 pounder gun designed to be operated by at least 5 crew, and did much to keep the FLOSY forces from over-running the Mirbat fort. Despite being killed during this action, Sgt Labalaba's outstanding bra…
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141528/Honours-Mail-columnist-Littlejohn-prestigious-awards-ceremony.html Can someone please confirm that today is APRIL FOOLS DAY, I think I may have over slept and woke up on 1st April.
-
-
- 53 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175197/Former-PMs-claiming-100-000-year-EACH-maintain-luxury-lifestyles.html It's not just present MP's who have their noses deep in the trough, former PM's as well. I am not surprised at Blair and Brown, but I expected more of Major and Thatcher.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18885958 Very good news............now.............let's have the penalty be enough to make them think............ Maybe a prison sentence for the editor............or owner.........
-
-
- 6 replies
- 422 views
- 1 follower
-
-
As the title and questions suggest. Please be honest in your voting.
-
Anyone else watching this? I personally don't watch hardly any sport but rightly or wrongly I want Haye to win and Chisora seems like the thug in this case so Im looking forward to the results. If your not aware this fight has received allot of Negative press due to a brawl that they both had resulting in Chisora losing his licence. Haye didn't have one to lose as he was already retired. HayeChisora 14th July 2012, 19:00 GMT The WBO International & WBA Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship Haye v Chisora: Head to head On Wednesday July 11th, Haye and Chisora went head to head for one last press conference. Naturally, tensions were running high. Dereck…