Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. kirkyboy4
    Started by kirkyboy4,

    Dear all, As you can see I am new to the Forum. I am enquiring (sorry if this is posted in the wrong area of the Forum) about interest in Close Protection training. With all the cuts to the Police and Windsor schemes such as A19 would some officers be interested in being trained for work in the Close Protection arena? Many ex servicemen go into close protection when they come out of service as they have the necessary skills. As we all know PI (Private Investigator) is a common job for ex police officers however with all the changes to this job (SIA licence/new laws etc) this may become an unpopular route after retirement. I feel that Police Officers (es…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 7.6k views
  2. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    Well done to our joint winners: Fac73 and The Knight_RS for winning the September photo competition. As we have 2 winners, and the winner gets to choose the next theme, we have 2 themes to work with this month which should make for an interesting competition. The Knight_RS has decided it will be: "Extraterritorial" And to expand - "Something that you don't see everyday, something that doesn't happen everyday sorta thing.. like for example the aurora lights.. something like that, of course it doesn't just have to be a set of lights" Fac73 has decided his will be: "Away in the distance" I don't think that needs any expansion... Photos to be entered on this thread be…

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 2.9k views
  3. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    However for my friend and colleague tomorrow is his day!

      • Like
    • 95 replies
    • 4.6k views
  4. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    A ukulele-strumming policeman is using the music of George Formby in the fight against crime. Sgt Giles Dean has reworked the classic Formby tune When I'm Cleaning Windows to become When I'm Burgling Houses. The self-taught strummer, who is based in Smethwick in the West Midlands, said it was "incredible" how many people still fail to heed basic advice. The plucky policeman said if his Formby YouTube tribute helped foil just one burglary it would have been worth it. Perhaps the lyrical highlight of his bold re-imagining of the legendary performer's most famous song comes in the opening salvo. In the the first burst of his version, the 44-year-old crime fighter croons…

    • 0 replies
    • 758 views
  5. Nim
    Started by Nim,

    A place for Bagpuss to put his 'jokes' in for those who wish to read them.... I promise I will!

      • Like
    • 121 replies
    • 6.4k views
  6. Jake CE
    Started by Jake CE,

    Morning all - Hopefully the forum is back up and running!

      • Like
    • 146 replies
    • 5k views
    Administrative Account
  7. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    Hey guys, Just a quick one on grammar- I often hear people say "Don't be ignorant" when people are ignoring/not listening to them. I've always thought that this isn't the correct use of the word i.e being ignorant isn't the same as ignoring, rather being ignorant is to not know something. Am I right in thinking this? Cheers, Shikari

    • 11 replies
    • 684 views
  8. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    One day closer to the weekend... Supposedly another wet and windy day, not much likelihood of it changing as the week goes on either! Ooh, one bit of good news while I remember - I got my free day off for next month's operation, yarr!

      • Like
    • 139 replies
    • 5.2k views
  9. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    Ch5 now.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 592 views
    Administrative Account
  10. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Looks like it's going to be a cold, wet, windy Monday... what's your plans, peeps?

      • Like
    • 119 replies
    • 4k views
    Administrative Account
  11. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Last day of the weekend, make the most of it...

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 2.3k views
  12. Hero_6131546082365
    Started by Hero_6131546082365,

    Though I might aswell start a non-depressing non-police related topic :D What music are we fine gents and ladies listening to today? Got a bit of the old madness on for old time's sake.

    • 5 replies
    • 562 views
  13. Joker1546081795
    Started by Joker1546081795 +,

    New series starring my hero Karl Pilkington. It kicks off on the 20/10/2013 at 20:00pm on Sky 1 and Sky 1 HD. Are you going to be watching? Ready for the return of the man himself??

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Futures
    Started by Futures,

    Evening everyone! So we've been given the green light to have a forum awards! This is something that I've seen work really well on other forums so it's worth giving it a go here! It's a great way to recognise people who've really made their mark on the forum! This isn't something that I'm going to be able to do on my own though. I'm looking for some help. I've had one member volunteer their services already but I need a few more. I'll do the majority of the leg work but I need some members to use as sounding boards for some of the ideas that I've had. If you're interested then please get in touch with me! Anything discussed will be kept secret until the voting commenc…

    • 8 replies
    • 568 views
    Administrative Account
  15. Futures
    Started by Futures,

    I think we need a bit of positivity: I am the Police and I'm here to arrest you. You've broken the law. I did not write the law. I may disagree with the law but I will enforce it. No matter how plead, cajole, beg or attempt to stir my sympathy. Nothing you do will stop me placing you in a concrete room with a grey door. If you run away I will chase you. If you fight me I will fight back. If you shoot at me I will shoot back. By law I am unable to walk away. I am a consequence. I am the unpaid bill. I am fate with a badge and a gun. Behind my badge is a heart like yours. I bleed, I love, I think and yes I can be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands …

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.7k views
    Joker1546081795 +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.