Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. Kyle343
    Started by Kyle343 * ,

    hi i have my fitness test next week. It says the max BMI is 30. My BMI is over that. However it is muscle i have around a 15% body fat. Will this be taken into consideration or is it just a set BMI? The BMI scale is a stupid system to work with i am far healthier than the average person yet because of my weight i am classed as obese? this is for manchester if that makes any difference. sorry for the bad grammar and formating, typed on my phone! Thank You!

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 673 views
    Logical1546082824
  2. Lukeoaks
    Started by Lukeoaks,
  3. andi
    Started by andi +,

    Regs recruitment has opened this morning for all serving specials/PCSOs/police staff. That application form is a bit different to the last one I filled in! I guess they're concentrating mostly on the SLT backing!

      • Like
    • 357 replies
    • 22.3k views
  4. Owen
  5. waitedalongtime3
    Started by waitedalongtime3,

    Hi All, After a long and tedious and sometime torturous wait I have finally been accepted into the Specials. I just have a couple of questions? I've been reading through past threads and some of the information may have changed a little. I've been given my uniform fitting soon and to start training next month. What does training consist of now? I know OST is for 9 days. Can you take anyone when you attest? What do you get for uniform now and when do you get it? What happens at the welcome evening and the induction weekend? Cheers in advance

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. Chief Cheetah
    • 0 replies
    • 830 views
  7. David
    Started by David +,
  8. centaurandrew1546082782
    Started by centaurandrew1546082782,

    Hi - I'm transferring in from TVP - will be attesting with the January intake. Question is - I have already conducted OST in the previous year. Does anyone know if this can be transferred as I'd rather not take two weeks off work? Any idea who to ask at GMP?

    • 1 reply
    • 624 views
  9. jackgmp
    Started by jackgmp,

    I have been going through my specials application since April now, however just the other day I saw that BTP are starting their October recruitment drive for full time officer, BTP said they have no problem me continuing their application along with my specials for GMP, however I haven't yet been able to speak to GMP to see if they have a problem. Any advice, or know if GMP would have a problem. Also anyone would like to give me some food for thought on whether I continue GMP specials an gain experience or go straight in for full time? Thanks Jack

    • 2 replies
    • 403 views
  10. Tupac7shakur
    Started by Tupac7shakur,

    Can anyone confirm whether PCSO's work bank holidays? I start training soon and Ive heard from 3 different people in gmp who say they don't tend to work bank holidays.

    • 5 replies
    • 752 views
    Indiana Jones +
  11. lukeoaks1546082776
    Started by lukeoaks1546082776,

    Hi guys. I'm after uniform stores phone number if anyone has it? Thanks Luke

    • 9 replies
    • 775 views
  12. Phillipo1974
    Started by Phillipo1974 +,

    Hello Guys, Anyone on here work in Salford? If so is it a good Division? Do you do both neighbourhood and response?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 746 views
  13. jackgmp
    Started by jackgmp,

    Hi All, I am due to attend my fitness test tomorrow morning with GMP, just wondering if it's only the bleep test that will be performed? If anyone knows. They haven't really mentioned anything more, but I am told it only last's one hour. Jack

    • 2 replies
    • 367 views
  14. SebastianB87
    Started by SebastianB87,

    It feels weird to be heading to my station to hand in my resignation as a Special. But that is what I'm going to be doing this evening. I start in October as a PC with West Midlands Police and can't wait, It's a dream come true and if there are any people on here who are asking themselves if going down the route of being a special is worth it, I can without a doubt say that it is! I've had some fantastic experiences and learned so much in such a short space of time and made some life long friends. I would also like to thank the people on here who helped me and gave advice in my days of applying to become a special, it was greatly appreciated. I'm going to miss GMP, and …

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 947 views
    TROOPER85551546080995
  15. lewiskemp13
    Started by lewiskemp13,

    Hi i was just wondering when undergoing the bleep test do you stop after you have met the requirement level or do you keep going until you cant anymore? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 585 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.