Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    Hi all, I'm meant to have my fitness tomorrow, but I now can't attend due to an accident I had yesterday. Firstly, how can I contact recruitment and let them know? I can't seem to find the email address anywhere. Secondly, will I be able to reschedule it? I really don't wanna lose the progress I've already made

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 682 views
  2. DasBizkitMonster
    Started by DasBizkitMonster,

    Hi, I had my interview in July and passed, then fitness test in August and Medical in September. Does anybody know when I'll receive my vetting form?

    • 7 replies
    • 767 views
  3. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    Hi all, I was just wondering - GMP are advertising some vacancies as an operation support officer (some are apprenticheships too)but what do OSOs actually do?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.8k views
    morale_outbreak
  4. special by name
    Started by special by name,

    Just wondering if anyone has herd a date for the closure yet? Several dates have been thrown around but always get put back

    • 2 replies
    • 653 views
    special by name
  5. Boots
    Started by Boots,

    Heard a rumour that GMP are doing at internal intake late this year and an external intake for PC's early next year. Can anyone shed any light at all as the website does not hold any clues.

    • 20 replies
    • 3.7k views
  6. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    I saw a PCSO last night wearing a black top, stab vest, tac vest and a utility belt. She had a torch in her utility belt looking like an ASP and cuffs!! The only way I knew she was a PCSO was when she turned round and it said it on her back! Is this the norm for GMP because I was under the impression they must wear blue shirts etc.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
    special by name
  7. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    Yesterday I got the email I had been waiting 3 weeks for, I found out that I'd passed the Assessment Day :D Been beaming ever since - Was anyone else there? Got my fitness on the 22nd of October, I can't wait :D

    • 12 replies
    • 972 views
    operationfirestorm
  8. butter
    Started by butter,

    I am in the middle of trying to apply for a GMP support staff role. There is a section that requires you to write maximum of 400 words: 'Please describe your work experience, skills, abilities and any qualifications that are relevant to the role. Please refer to the role specification provided, focusing on how you meet the requirements of the post and describe brief examples as supporting evidence. (400 words max)' Now the role spec is quite lengthy, 22 essential and desirables to be precise. How the do they expect me to get in all my matches without going over 400 words??? I match all the essentials and some of the desirables. I am conscious of not waffling about how…

      • Like
    • 44 replies
    • 3k views
  9. Ash89
    Started by Ash89,

    Hi Everyone Anyone have their assessment this Saturday? I was at the Recruitment Evening on 15th January & applied a week later. Was told in early March I'd passed the application stage, then received an invitation for the assessment day a couple of weeks ago. How did everyone do? Anyone with any advice for me it would be much appreciated! Cheers Ash

      • Like
    • 166 replies
    • 8k views
    InspectorJavert +
  10. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    Is anyone else here on the lunchtime one? :D I'm really excited, but rather nervous too.

    • 1 reply
    • 757 views
  11. I99
    Started by I99,

    When getting a new warrant card (because of damage) I'm aware you can ask for your photograph updated to reflect your change in appearance. Do you still need to wear the white shirt/black tie ensemble or is the wicking shirt sufficient? I know a wicking shirt is sufficient for a NPT poster photograph but wasn't sure about the situation with warrant cards.

    • 4 replies
    • 817 views
  12. Guest NoMore
    Started by Guest NoMore,

    Got my medical on Tuesday, does anyone know the minimum BMI as I'm quite skinny and don't want to fail.. Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 802 views
  13. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    http://www.manchesterfire.gov.uk/updates/emergency_service_day.aspx After months of planning, this week sees the third annual Emergency Services Open Day which will take place at The Trafford Centre on Thursday 8th August 2013 between 10am and 5pm. The event will be on the car parks close to the entrance to the Food Hall. Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) will be joined by Greater Manchester Police (GMP), North West Ambulance Service (NWAS) and a range of other emergency response, community safety and support services. Our last '999 Day' in 2012 saw in excess of 140 displays made up of emergency vehicles, vintage appliances, demonstrations and displ…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. Double-six
    Started by Double-six,

    Hi all I need to check my [police] emails today and, seeing as I work 5 mins from Stockport police station, I thought I might pop in their this afternoon. I'm assuming this is ok, but does anyone know any different? I'm based on a different division and have never been to Stockport nick before. Obviously I've got my warrant card. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Guest NoMore
    Started by Guest NoMore,

    Do GMP Vet you every month when passed and in the Specials? What do we need to update them on to not fail vetting? Not done anything wrong haha just don't want to mess anything up? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
    Steph3n931546081627

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.