Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. Phillipo1974
    Started by Phillipo1974 +,

    Hi Guys I did some part time work on a self Enployment basis 3 years ago for a few months and stupidly didn't declare. Will this show up on vetting and can you declare it now? The place I worked has changed owners

    • 3 replies
    • 638 views
  2. andi
    Started by andi +,

    Anyone know when the annual fitness test comes in, and when it'll be done? I had assumed it'd already started and was done on OST, but I'm told it's not part of it at the moment.

    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
    Smiley Culture +
  3. Phillipo1974
    Started by Phillipo1974 +,

    Hi guys, Just wanted to ask if gmp specials are required to carry warrant cards at call times? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 959 views
  4. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    After three goes, I've finally managed to get my application fully completed and sent off :D First time I couldn't get hold of a character reference in time Second time I didn't even get to the information evening due to adverse weather But this time, I've done it :D Can't wait 'till the next stage now. Been bouncing up and down since yesterday :D

    • 1 reply
    • 586 views
  5. TP2
    Started by TP2,

    I've got pre-attestation custody duty coming up, late evening/night shift. Haven't really been told what it entails, and what to expect, and I don't want to nag my S/Sgt - anyone done it before/know what I'll be getting up to? Thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 994 views
  6. Phillipo1974
    Started by Phillipo1974 +,

    Hi guys, I need some advice. I am applying for the Specials and I am worried about convictions/cautions part of my application as I can't remember dates etc. I am thinking of putting a request for access to information to get all the info I need. Any thought on this? Once I submitted my application can I add any info later on? Thanks Phillop

    • 5 replies
    • 564 views
  7. NovemberRyan
    Started by NovemberRyan,

    Hello Guys, It would seem on May the 13th, Greater manchester Police will be holding a big recruitment drive for police roles from Radio Operators to PCSO's (information from @GMPBradford on twitter). "These opportunities cross a range of roles, from police officers through to non-uniformed support staff and volunteers. Each role is essential to helping us serve our diverse communities. Each provides an opportunity for a real career, providing real policing – by people like you." Sounds very interesting indeed! Can anyone share anymore light on this, I've seen nothing about it internally? A small webpage has been set up @ www.gmp.police.uk/realcareers

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
    LDS Special Constable
  8. PCgill82
    Started by PCgill82,

    So been operational since December 2012. Just about to become independent which after 4 months and 289 hours later I'm happy with. Still got so much more to learn. Based in the city of Manchester on the wonderful A Division. That aside if anyone has any questions regarding recruitment or if your in training and want to know various things before becoming attested. Give me a shout. Will be more than happy to help.

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. Apple_iPlod
    Started by Apple_iPlod,

    Morning Manchester!! Hope your all well. Anyone have any ideas when the Manchester BTP are recruiting? (I'm prepared to be patient). Cheers all, have a safe day. AJS.

    • 3 replies
    • 455 views
  10. Ben93
    Started by Ben93,

    Received it today on the March 14th intake and finding a bit difficult on how to wear, anyone else having this problem? Meaning like what goes on top of what and what items to wear with others?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1k views
  11. hopeless_place
    Started by hopeless_place,

    Was wondering if anyone from GMP knew when the 50 regs intake was going to be. I know there are plans to take on 50 regs this year, but when? Last year it was Mid May, and announcement in Mid April but this year there has been no announcement and nothing is coming up yet. Does anyone know what's going on with everything. Also, is it certain that this year it will only be through internal applicants as the crime commissioner didn't actually specify when or where the applicants would come from, as in he never said it was internals...

    • 2 replies
    • 611 views
  12. trickyd91
    Started by trickyd91 +,

    There's an upcoming recruitment event on GMP's website for the specials. Just thought I'd advertise here in case anyone was interested. Excuse the title of this thread, I've not quite got used to it being 2013 yet...

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. carlbobby93
    Started by carlbobby93,

    Hi all, Whilst checking the www.police.uk crime maps for my area in GM on the meet the team section there were constables, specials, pcso's and spbo's. I've never heard about them before, what does it stand for and what do they do?

    • 2 replies
    • 975 views
  14. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    Quick question for GMP officers. What happens on the induction day (1st day) and if you can't make it is it something you could catch up on at a later date?

    • 4 replies
    • 566 views
  15. Ben93
    Started by Ben93,

    Recently watched this link and thought the officer dealt really well with the situation really well! What do you guys think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ_t1SQ7OSk

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.