Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Evening all. Just got back from my Medical, I passed the Nurse examination test e.g BMI; eyesight; hearing; etc etc, now I have to wait for the Doc to look over the report and hopefully give me the all clear. Fingers crossed Cheers Steve

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. LS!
    Started by LS!,

    Who else is on the Assessment Centre at Sedgley Park on 16th February? If so, when did you apply? (interested to know as there was an issue with my application and so I missed the AC that everyone from my info evening went on!)

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 679 views
  3. Double-six
    Started by Double-six,

    A bit eager for me perhaps, but does anyone know how to go about volunteering to appear with GMP in the parade at Manchester Pride?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 746 views
    Smiley Culture +
  4. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Morning all. For all who are attending Sedgley Park today, best of luck and let us know how you feel the day went?

    • 13 replies
    • 757 views
  5. Tupac7shakur
    Started by Tupac7shakur,

    Anybody can give me any tips or information what to expects on the open night, induction weekend and OST at GMP for those that are due to start training?

      • Like
    • 53 replies
    • 2.7k views
  6. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Wow, I don't know about anyone else, but for all who have been waiting for vetting clearance previously, how hard is the waiting and not knowing game :new_no:. Come on GMP hurry up and please please please give me some good news :new_yes:

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 660 views
  7. SierraLimaSierra
    Started by SierraLimaSierra,

    Nice to see The Salford Advertiser running a story on the Special Constabulary in Salford - page 24 if anyone gets the paper an fancies having a read. Well done to the three SCs who've recently been attested.

    • 6 replies
    • 790 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  8. GraphicalFusion
    Started by GraphicalFusion,

    Anyone on the December intake? I've had an email with the provisional dates on it but nothing confirmed yet.

      • Like
    • 87 replies
    • 3.6k views
  9. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Happy New Years Eve to you all. I have my medical a week today with GMP hoping it will go fine. A big concern I have is my Vetting I'm 36 years old, when I was 6 month old my birth Farther left, I have not seen him since nor do I have any intention to. My Mother said he was a bit of a rouge when he was younger and was in trouble with the police a lot, I believe he has had more children to other women, but I have no names nor does my Mother, also I have no idea where he is living, On my vetting forms I had no choice but to write N/K to all the questions regarding my birth Farther. What are your thoughts ??

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 713 views
    Smiley Culture +
  10. LS!
    Started by LS!,

    Those who submitted their applications 16th september - has anyone heard back yet?? I'm still showing as under review!

    • 2 replies
    • 496 views
  11. Owen
    Started by Owen +,

    The day I have been waiting for, my attestation, is finally here! Just a thank you to those of you on here and elsewhere that have helped me during my 3 years on the site! I hope to stay on PS.com for a long time and give others the help I got! Once again, thank you all and I shall be around a lot longer (hopefully!). Owen

    • 27 replies
    • 1.3k views
    SierraLimaSierra
  12. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    I have been asked to attend my Medical on the 7th Jan, My BMI is 30.1 could this fail me. Also how can it be so high I'm 6ft 3" and I wouldn't describe myself as overweight. How strict are GMP on this???

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 511 views
  13. Tupac7shakur
    Started by Tupac7shakur,

    .does it depends on what station your at when it comes to booking on a shift e.g. Do you have to have set days each week or can it be flexible e.g. Ring up the day before you want to be on shift

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 979 views
  14. babysmile
    Started by babysmile,

    Hello,, I failed the Bleep Test it was my first time... All Tips and advice welcomed need to go back and redo it in 4-6 weeks and must pass it. I hate running may that has something to do with it... :new_no: :new_no: :new_no: :new_no: :new_no: :new_no: :new_no: :new_no: Got to do it-The Challenge is ON... Thanks RJ

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 4.3k views
  15. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Yes I've only passed my fitness test for GMP. Next step Medical then vetting fingers crossed. :new_yes:

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 732 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.