Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. Truman Burbank
    Started by Truman Burbank,

    http://www.policeora..._medium=twitter GMP To Bolster Regular Ranks Greater Manchester Police are to use their pool of special constables and PCSOs to recruit an extra 50 Regular officers to the ranks, the Chief Constable has confirmed. Speaking during a webchat, Peter Fahy revealed he would draw on existing experience in appointing the next round of full-time warranted personnel in the next financial year. "We must make good use of them and maintain their motivation" The move is typical of the approach being either considered or undertaken by a number of Forces around the country, including the Metropolitan Police. The initiative allows proven officers to step up â…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. megkram
    Started by megkram,

    Hi I sent my Vetting forms off at the beginning of Feb, i had a call about 2 week after from a lady from vetting as i missed out somthing on the form. i had my medical on Monday. How do you know If you have passed or failed, how do they tell you, is it by phone, letter or email. Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 938 views
  3. scotti d
    Started by scotti d,

    Hi, everyone. I am currently going through the recruitment process for GMP. I have been a Special Sergeant in Lancashire Constabulary for over 3 years now, due to no transfer policy being in place I will be required to start a fresh. Although on a positive note, some of the training will be cut down and I can still work with Lancs until sworn in with GMP. I was wondering from those of you who are with GMP already. Do you hold a to b driving permits, if your out of your probation can you do solo shifts and do you get to work with response. I have also heard that specials are not allowed to conduct PACE interviews here at GMP. Can someone clear this up for me, because Lan…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
  4. CrazyMiner
    Started by CrazyMiner,

    Hi all, Quick hello - long time viewer first time poster. I'm in the middle of my application form and trying to pick which division to put down as my preference. I live in Salford (well, Lower Broughton, less than 2 miles from Deansgate). At the moment I'm considering applying to North Manchester as it is the nearest division to me and so the easiest for me to get to and also due to not really wanting to work in the division that I live in (Salford). I'm looking for a division that will be able to give me a good mix of experience... NPT, response, large scale events (e.g. football/parades etc). I don't mind doing NPT as it will be interesting to be dealing with crime …

    • 1 reply
    • 760 views
  5. InspectorJavert
    Started by InspectorJavert +,

    Hey guys and girls I have my fitness test tomorrow and was just wondering, it it OK to rock up in the kit i'll be doing the test in, or am i better going dressed smartly and getting changed? Cheers, alan

    • 2 replies
    • 748 views
  6. Delta22
    Started by Delta22,

    Hello All, Currently doing my OST Training; and the trainers asked us to learn the COMMON LAW LEGISLATION. However, when getting home - i could not find the Legislationt that they had stated anywhere on the internet, books etc... Could anybody help? Delta22

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 4.2k views
  7. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    Hello all. I'm coming up to present a session at the National Specials Conference in Manchester on March 23rd. I'm keen to find out who is attending from GMP. Also I'd really like to go out and do a shift with GMP as I'm with TVP and we have the same uniform so I didn't think it would involve much of a clash. Any advice on the best place to go out and do a shift? Thanks

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    Does anyone have a list of what divisions are in what areas ?

    • 17 replies
    • 2.8k views
  9. GMP_Lee

    For those of you interested, there is a live webchat with Mr. Fahy happening now. There are quite a few questions regarding future recruitment. http://www.gmp.police.uk/ I'll copy a few of the responses here which may be of interest.

    • 2 replies
    • 985 views
  10. HotFudge
    Started by HotFudge,

    Hi I Keep Hearing conflicting bits of information, whether regulars and specials can ride public transport within Greater Manchester for free? So buses and Trams aslong as you have your warrant card and ID. Some people have said this is only to do with specific ongoing ops while others have said its only when going to and from duty. Id really rather not try this if its not true. Was wondering if someone could confirm what was the true and ACTUAL position??? Thanx

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 4.2k views
  11. andi
    Started by andi +,

    How many pairs of epaulettes are GMP supposed to issue, and what are they supposed to attach to? I have a plain high vis pair, and a high vis pair with a reflective stripe, those are obviously for my jackets. I then have a black press stud pair with velcro on, I assume these are for my body armour. Then today I've picked up two more pairs, one black pair (apparently gore-tex) with a press stud but no velcro that are a different shape to the others, and a pair of bigger black ones with buttons that don't seem to fit anything? I think the gore-tex ones go on my fleece, but what about the others? What are they for? :D

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. jonty84
    Started by jonty84,

    Hey guys n gals received e-mail from rec this week that id failed! Wouldnt give me reason why abd just 2 hours before my medical im gutted to say least appealed by email anybody else had to enjure this terrible feeling before?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Chris_vtr

    Anybody else on it?

    popularfurball
  14. Double-six
    Started by Double-six,

    Hi all, I've recently been invited to attend an information evening at Sedgeley Park. Has anyone else been to one of these evenings? If so, how did you find it and what happens there? Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 2.7k views
  15. Foxy1546081150
    Started by Foxy1546081150,

    Can somebody please confirm if any division is currently restricting the duty tiems Specials can undertake. It appears to be rumour that a division (possibly the K) has informed Specials that they can not undertake (or at least claim) a duty greater than 7 hrs without a write up of why the officer exceeded 7 hrs. This is supposedly to reduce the expenses claim to avoid claiming "over 8 hrs" refreshment allowance. The rumour is that this was supposedly from an ACC, but does not appear to be across the force... which appears to be very strange to say the least. Someone enven said that they can undertake longer duties, but should adjust their times to only show 7 hrs. Sur…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
    Chaos871546081206

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.