Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. Owen
    Started by Owen +,

    Operation Tidy up is a new operation that is being run by myself exclusively on PS.com! :D I am going to be tidying the GMP thread up, deleting useless topics, merging topics etc.. If anybody wants any topics pinned etc., just post in here and I will sort it Thanks Owen

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  2. Topman1546081267
    Started by Topman1546081267,

    Is there any serving specials/ regs or anyone from the Tameside division preferably the Ashton area ?

    • 27 replies
    • 3.7k views
    Phillipo1974 +
  3. WolfJC
    Started by WolfJC,

    Hey I was wondering if anyone else has had problems putting your pnb in your holder. Mine bents and won't go in without it getting damaged. Anyone got any tips

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    With training due to start at the end of this month (If all goes well with vetting) I'm looking for gyms in the Manchester / Salford area that i could join to keep my fitness in shape. Is anyone else on here a member of a gym that they can recommend ?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 3.3k views
  5. maverick1231546620740
    Started by maverick1231546620740,

    A brand new BBC3 documentary series is looking for serving and retired police officers to tell us about the funniest and strangest things that have happened to them during their career. We’d like to hear about: • The daftest or most incompetent criminals you’ve ever encountered. • The funniest thing that ever happened to you during your time on the force. If you are interested in taking part, please contact us so that we can tell you a bit more about the show. We’d also love to hear your stories. Our programme will provide an insight into best practices, celebrate the achievements of the police and convey a strong central message: Crime doesn’t pay and …

    • 0 replies
    • 698 views
    maverick1231546620740
  6. Markgats
    Started by Markgats,

    do you guys think the specials will be involved with the olympicsin Manchester

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Chaos871546081206
  7. Markgats
    Started by Markgats,

    sorry for another topic, keep a look out for a new event one coming up in the next few weeks i heard

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Happy-sc
    Started by Happy-sc,

    Rumour has it, that a Special who is based on the Traffic Unit is currently doing their response driving course, funded by GMP. I myself have previously asked for the same course, but have been knocked back advising that the policy which was written by an ACC and the Head of the Driving Unit which stated Specials can only hold a basic driving permit. I have checked this myself which indeed does state that. At a time when money is strapped, is this fare that the force is spending cash on training a Special Constable, and I personally feel this is unfair as other Special Constables are being knocked back on the same course, whats different here? I myself, would be willin…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 4.8k views
    Morse1546080805
  9. Taser
    Started by Taser,

    Am I right in reading that GMP as of 1st Sept will stop paying us mileage? I live just on the force boarder, the division I work on has no train station, I'm going to be out of pocket to volunteer! Is this going to effect anyone else? I normally put in over 80 hrs per month but can see this significantly reducing. I appreciate the financial climate but perhaps they are targetting the staff that cost them the least? What are your thoughts? Is anyone aware of any other forces doing this?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Chaos871546081206
  10. 54233006
    Started by 54233006 * ,

    Hi I am in the application process to become a student police officer with GMP and have passed my final interview and was awaiting my physical, medical and security checks. I have now been informed that recruitment has been halted until April 2010 due to GMP not having the overturn of police officers it previously expected. Just wondering whether anyone else had any information on this? As I have previously applied and the same thing happened and I am absolutely devastated. Also is anyone aware of whether this wait could be potentially longer than 8 months? Would also like to know if any other people in the recruitment process have been informed of this. Any informa…

  11. crunchie580
    Started by crunchie580,

    If you are experiencing problems with your assigned NPT, such as they won't work with Specials or they are leaving you to your own devises until the end of their shifts, please provide a write-up of the problems to Tina Shelton via her GMP e-mail (this can be found on the GMP address system) This is not to be used to debate if Specials should be with NPT or to complain about NPT's. It is simply to identify areas where improvements can be made to ensure Specials are integrated into NPT's and the smooth running to the benefit of both the NPT and the Specials. Tina works as Specials co-ordinator, directly for the Chief Constable. She is interested in the problems Special…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 3.5k views
  12. krycerz
    Started by krycerz,

    Morning lads, I've been researching M16 and M21 areas in Manchaster. Are there any strong links in regards to crime? - Is it rough? - If yes, then Why? - What's the community like? - Any migrant areas? - Is it gonna get better? Also, some time ago I've been shown interesting video, it's "so ghetto" but I believe "wanna be" local youths wanna show how tough they area, If you got few spare minutes, please write something. Thanks for your time. ps. I'm from London, so I've never been to either of those areas nor Manchaster.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. Newbie26
    Started by Newbie26,

    Hi all, I am new to this site so please go easy on me!!! I work for GMP as a PCSO and there are rumors flying around that 50 new student officers will be recruited next year 2012 from Police specials and PCSOS. I will find out more info regarding this rumor but if it is true it looks like GMP are following in the footsteps of the MET. Does anybody else work for GMP and heard that rumour? Thanks Newbie26

    • 23 replies
    • 8.2k views
    Truman Burbank
  14. G.Retriever
    Started by G.Retriever,

    I was in Manchester the other weekend on a day trip from Sheffield and saw a really nice marked car, a Subaru Legacy 2010. Very nice. It had a lot of kit on the rood - white boxes... I'm familiar with most police technology but couldn't from the distance I was work out what they could be.. Does anyone know? Either way, very nice car. Would love to drive something like that through central Manchester one day! Chris

    • 9 replies
    • 2k views
  15. SDDep
    Started by SDDep,

    Anyone from Lancashire who can help me set up a ride along? Do you even do such a thing? I'm a serving Deputy in the US. Originally from the Leigh area. Coming back late June (to Bolton area) I'm also posting this with Lancashire p.s. In line with a recent topic, I'm also offering $60 million to the first taker, in exchange for a paltry $2000 handling fee :) Sorry Mods for posting this in two forums.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.