Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. suzi1546620761
    Started by suzi1546620761 * ,

    Hi Everyone I'm after any help or advice in dealing with double yellow line restrictions on my private unadopted road that I live on. I and other neighbours have been unfortunate enough after numerous years of living there and parking our cars outside our homes on these lines without getting ticketed have since last year started to receive them. We have challenged them and been knocked back and even though our deeds state its private and unadopted and the highways agency state the lines should not be there, the local council still insist on issuing the tickets and upholding their restrictions even though since our challenges they have been to the area and removed a la…

  2. crunchie580
    Started by crunchie580,

    It has been noted and publisied on Duty Sheet that over 130 Specials have not attended to have their photo's taken for the new warrant/access card to be issued from 1st November '11. Let's not show our backside by letting the side down. Check "Announcements" on Duty Sheet for details of what you are required to do.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 2.8k views
  3. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    Well I've just accepted a new day job for a company based on the 14th floor of Oakland House, inbetween Chester House & Stretford nick, amazing views of Old Trafford & Manchester. Reason for my question is that GMPs "IM OCU" are based in the building. What is it they do?

    • 0 replies
    • 675 views
  4. Nykad21
    Started by Nykad21,

    See above! :smiley_strop1:

    • 1 reply
    • 887 views
  5. Chaos871546081206
    Started by Chaos871546081206,

    With the recent disorder in Greater Manchester I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on us doing level 2? Requests to make level 2 training available to specials has been passed up the chain of command by several of us on the F division. It would certainly make us more useful during times like this, football and large events. Other forces do it including BTP, and I think West Yorks... Thoughts?

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 3k views
  6. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    if i dont pass in merseyside for whatever reason can i come to manchester to have another go? as the tests and things are different. cheers everyone mike

    • 2 replies
    • 844 views
  7. Topman1546081267
    Started by Topman1546081267,

    Just thought I would let you all know that I got a phone call today from recruitment and was offered the position and have uniform fitting next Tuesday. Once again thanks for your support though the process

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. Clancy Wiggum
    Started by Clancy Wiggum,

    Hi all, I'm an amateur photographer based in Manchester and am currently working on a photography project. The theme for one of the last few weeks was 'Evolution' and I was hoping to use a Police Evo as my subject. Does anyone know any GMP (or neighbouring) stations where there are any Evos based? I've tried ringing around various stations but am having no luck at the moment. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark

  9. Chaos871546081206
    Started by Chaos871546081206,

    When I was in the army I had a tac vest which was much more comfortable than the issued webbing, and on division it seems a lot of officers use them. Some are taser trained and therefore are issued the taser vests. Some get them issued because of back problems etc. I asked one of the regs and they said just buy one, as long as it says POLICE on it they can't see there being a problem. Are you allowed to buy one and use it? Does anyone know the official policy? Cheers in advance Chaos

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 3.6k views
  10. Newbie26
    Started by Newbie26,

    Hello all, Was speaking to a chap from unison the other day, he stated that all GMP PCSOS will be given the power to detain in the next few months, handcuffs will be issued to each PCSO depending on if they pass a fitness test and push pull test, unfit PCSOs who fail will have the opportunity to re-sit the test once improved fitness. I know this post is going to cause a free for all but I am just posting what I have been told. Anti PCSOs supporters, it is the power to DETAIN not arrest, and I do think giving all PCSOs handcuffs will be a bad idea, selected ones would be the best option but I guess they will just role it out, across the board. As it came from unison I…

    • 9 replies
    • 3.5k views
  11. Nykad21
    Started by Nykad21,

    Anyone know what happened to the data car project? I saw about 40 at openshaw, I then heard that they were on Trafford division for an evaluation and nothing since?

    • 2 replies
    • 872 views
  12. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    I need to book on my first shift and am planning to jump straight in and do a Friday, Saturday & Sunday after attestation. What times would you suggest for the first few shifts ?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Chaos871546081206
  13. Phillipo1974
    Started by Phillipo1974 +,

    Hi all, I am going through the application process and I wanted to ask if gmp offer the chance of doing the majority of the training on the Sunday's rather that Saturdays. Has this been done before? I might have a problem with the Saturdays Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 2.3k views
    Phillipo1974 +
  14. GMP_Lee

    Have any specials been asked if they are able to assist ? http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1455081_gmp-dispatch-100-police-officers-to-london-after-third-night-of-rioting

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Chaos871546081206
  15. beecart
    Started by beecart,

    Hi there What is o2 3g reception like at Sedgley Park ? Thanks regards

    • 16 replies
    • 2.2k views
    Chaos871546081206

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.