Greater Manchester Police
464 topics in this forum
-
As I'm sure most of you heard on the news and also on Social Network websites, there was an Incident in Hyde a couple of weeks ago which resulted in a Young lad being seriously assaulted in a case of a Hate Crime. After that the news spread rapidly, and it resulted in the English Defence League and also the BNP stating that they had intention to march in Hyde and Protest against these Crimes. As soon as we got wind of this GMP planned the response, and I worked yesterday as part of the operation. Most divisions provided Officers, Serials, Dogs and even Horses. Yesterday had a lot of potential to spiral out of control, however, many officers on duty, and over 20 serials…
-
Spotted this on GMPs flickr He has now twice been a winner of a Chief Constable’s Excellence Award – described as Greater Manchester Police’s equivalent to an Oscar – following his becoming Police Community Support Officer of the Year at last week’s award ceremony. Mark, who is a member of the Force’s Moss Side Neighbourhood Policing Team, was last year’s winner of the Police Staff Employee of the Year award, making him one of the few people in the Force to have been a winner on two occasions. His award came for the work he has done to build a strong rapport with the local community. His nomination contained praise from residents for his s…
-
Hi All I have recently sent off my application to the GMP specials. But i am now worried about my dyslexia holding me back at the next stage if i get pass the application. Especially with the english paper test you do. Has anyone had any experience with this? thanks
-
Hi all, Im new to this forum but I am from UKPoliceonline. Serving Police Officer with GMP, have been in for 3 1/2 years. Working on response. I have only worked with one SC who was very keen and willing to learn, wasnt cocky/arrogant etc. and was basically great to work with. But we dont get many on our division or response group. Is there a reason for this are SC not allowed out with response officers? If any one would like to come out with our shift please PM me and I will try and sort this out. I work on the busy "B" division Cheers H
-
i have gone through the recruitment process from Novembers info evening I am just wondering if they have contacted my References does that mean I have passed the vetting??
-
Hi I'm new to this site so forgive me for starting a new thread. Just wondered if there are any specials in f division who have any info that world be useful to me as I have just been for my fitting today. Thanks in advance
-
Hi, for those who attended the infomation evening on the 11th Jan, have you all sent back your apps when you recieved the links? I assume that as the closing date is the 22nd Jan, we wont hear if they have been successful until after this date ?? Am i correct to assume this ?? Anyone ?
-
All those working tonight and over the next few days, make sure you keep you whits about you. Ive just dropped my Dad at his flat in the Northern Quarter and TBH would feel a lot safer in down town Baghdad! Carry on doing a good job though guys and girls!
-
I know there was a NPT topic, but its old now and thought I would start up a new topic in such an empty force forum. I want to know your opinions on your Neighbourhood Police Units in Greater Manchester either as an Officer or if anyone on here is a member of the public. Examples (for officers) How well are integrated into your NPT? What is your relationship like with your regular officers and PCSO's? Is there anything you have been proud of relating to NPT? How well do you think your NPT works? Any improvements? Examples (members of the public) Do you think your local NPT do alot for your community? What do your NPT do well? How is the relationship between yo…
-
I ve heard that GMP might be recruiting 20 new traffic cops this year because they are creating a new specialist unit from a pool of the existing traffic cops. Does anyone know anything about this?
-
Here are the full episodes if you would like to watch them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfje6Yg4uGE&feature=related
-
Hi all, Assume everyone got the e-mail that Specials are now soely based within NPT Teams. Just querying how this has been enforced on your respective divisions? Are they still flexible with you working with other departments or is it NPT only & given your own patch? Cheers Antony
-
I've heard through a friend of a friend of a friend that GMP are getting rid of probationer officers. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Or is is just someone winding me up!!??
-
As the above title stipulates. I've been told by colleagues that CBMs across different divisions attended a course on PCSO development. At this course they were informed of plans to introduce a fitness test and two days training to be issued cuffs to further the power to detain. PCSO's who fails the fitness test (5.4 bleep, and push pull test) will be given the opportunity for re-sits, subsequent fails will result in re-deployment. This is all apparently due to be rolled out in the next few months. Has anyone else heard this.
-
What do you guys think about vauxhall getting this police vehicle contract ? Will be strange considering GMP use a lot of ford mini vans and focuses. vauxhalls look a bit small and don't handle very well, the steering is a bit loose as well