Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. mansouth
    Started by mansouth * ,

    Can anybody answer a question for me totally without reserve on the following fictitious scenario: Officers are called to a fairly minor domestic? no real violence reported. After initial interview with householder and his wife things calm down. The male Householder says to one of the two officers present:" I'm a bit concerned that my wife's daughter might turn up to the house and start trouble. The daughter is twenty one years old and with no previous of any kind.The officer says to the Householder:" OK give me your mobile phone I'll give her a call and advise her to stay away from the house." And the officer makes the call in those terms. Question: would this operat…

    • 2 replies
    • 863 views
    sykes1545925530
  2. Smiley Culture
    Started by Smiley Culture +,

    Hi folks If anyone's a member of GMP Sports and Social could they drop me a PM please? Ta!

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  3. WolfJC
    Started by WolfJC,

    I am wondering how long it took people to get their medicals, Only because I sent off my medical questionnaire on thursday just gone and i got my medical already for tomorrow (wednesday 26th Jan 2011). Officers I know have all said that they have never had a medical be done so fast. So I am wondering how long it took for yours ?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Markgats
    Started by Markgats,

    never had a job, would this affect getting in the specials p.s only 18

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  5. benkov
    Started by benkov +,

    Hi All. With regard to specials driving permits, I wondered if GMP officers and staff could let me know the categories of the force's common vehicles. I've put down what I think they are classed as by GMP, but please could people let me know if I've got any of them wrong. Car - Car Transit van (Inc VW Transporter and Housing assoc) with 6 seats (3 in front, 3 facing backwards behind) and cage - Car Transit van with 3 seats in front and large cage - Van People carrier (Vauxall Zafira / Merc Viano style) - Car Ford transit CONNECT (AKA Data Van) (2 seats in front, 3 facing forward behind) - Car Dog van (Vauxhall Astravan style) - Car PSU carrier - D1 permit Also, …

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 3k views
  6. Markgats
    Started by Markgats,

    hi i'm new to the site and just wanted to ask what's it like working for gmp, and what's it like policing manchester. i am in two minds to send my application off for the specials lol

    • 13 replies
    • 2k views
  7. Cuddles
    Started by Cuddles +,

    Does anyone have any idea if GMP are likely to be taking reg transferees at any point over the next two years? It's not for me, it's for, erm, a friend...

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. WolfJC
    Started by WolfJC,

    Hey everyone I just passed my Fitness test on the 12th, and was told that a medical will be due. Anyone able to tell me on average how long it takes to get to the medical and where it is held at. Be great help

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. JamesK89
    Started by JamesK89,

    I was just curious if anyone happened to have any information on when they believe the next Event Evening for the GMP Special Constabulary is likely to occur, in order to acquire the on-line (only way to apply) application form. The last event was August - the recruitment team only seem able to state the following sentence: "Please continue to check the website regularly".. I've personally been refreshing the page constantly, on a daily basis, since July (The events were fully booked up at the time).. and there still doesn't seem to be any information relating to any events being due in the near future. I've noticed certain Police Forces such as Essex, currently have a f…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  10. WolfJC
    Started by WolfJC,

    hey everyone. I am just wondering if anyone else will be going to the fitness test at claytonbrook tomorrow at 7am ???

    • 0 replies
    • 899 views
  11. Delta22
    Started by Delta22,

    Hi Everyone, Just wondering if anybody on the forum also was at the Induction Weekend at Sedgley Park this week? And if so, what did you all think? I personally really enjoyed it, everybody is beginning to get to know each other a bit more - be better for the upcoming training at Claytonbrook, Hough End, and Sedgley. (Can't wait... ) Well done to you all anyway... for getting this far! Delta22

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. Delta22
    Started by Delta22,

    Hello, Has anybody heard anything, or have any view at all on the situation with recruitment of regs. And going forward, are specials going to be priority when regs recruitment begins again? I am definately looking to become F/T in the future, this is the reason for asking. Would appreciate any views on this. Thank you! Delta22

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Foxy1546081150
  13. Overtired
    Started by Overtired,

    Hi I have recently put in an application for CID in GMP. I don't have loads of experience so it will be a challenge to get in. However from my understanding it’s not so much your experience as it is how well you can evidence things and whether you can show that you go the extra mile with your investigations. I'm applying straight off response and was hoping someone on the forum maybe able to give me some advice. The 733 I submitted was all about examples for Peer leadership so I would imagine I would have to evidence this further, they seem to have replaced the old behavioural competencies. I have also been trying to evidence examples times I have been first on scen…

  14. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    "CK" usally followed nu the divisional letter. What does it stand for?

    • 9 replies
    • 3k views
  15. dwalker
    Started by dwalker,

    I was just wondering, after receiving an email, if anyone is doing the Sept 2010 Foundation Degree in Policing at Lancashire University? To me it sounds very interesting but the course is full time Mon-Fri at either Preston or Burnley and with me having to work and things to pay for its quite impossible. Quote from the email: "You are not guaranteed a job as a Police Officer at the end of the course. The advantage of achieving the Foundation Degree is that if you then successfully pass GMP's recruitment process you will not be required to complete the full training programme (currently approximately 39 weeks). You will likely complete a GMP familiarisation type course,…

    • 19 replies
    • 4.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.