Greater Manchester Police
464 topics in this forum
-
hi i was coming home from work in 2005 and i was approach by am man who accused me of being barred from manchester arndale i tried to explain to him that i never had a criminal record....and i walk through the arndale everday he then hel my right arm and said i have to come with him....i was taken to a shop called riverisland,,,a fewminutes later 2 police officers came and handcuffed me and said i had been arrested previous in this shop for shoplifting...i was annoyed and shocked as i have never been in this position before..anyway iwas taken to the police station and saw a higher officer a few hours a later...where he gave me a form saying misidentification ......i am…
-
basically i found this on the internet and since i want to a future police officer and im a geeky person i got really interested init but the only promblem is i live in the the south east of england and il have to move to north if i want to join GMP here the news article http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new..._boost_for_cops
-
- 12 replies
- 2.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Does anyone have know how long vetting usually takes? I know it probably takes longer for some people. I had my final interview at the end of September and really want to pass. Also do they let you know when you've passed? Cheers
-
- 4 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Any idea when the GMP will be recruiting for new starters again? I was on holiday last time and missed out on the deadline
-
Due to moving house i'm finding it difficult to get into work (Tameside) i have enquired with HR who have stated that without a drastic welfare problem the only way to transfer division's is to "swap" with another PC in a similar position. I work on the G on a response team, busy division with the fantastic new quest system in place making response a fantastic job. Ideally looking to go to the F but the A or B would be doable. So the million pound question! anyone interested in a swap?
-
Just found this: Applications to be accepted from 19th to 21st January 2010 Merseyside Police will be accepting applications for Police Officer vacancies from 10am on Tuesday 19th January and will close on Thursday 21st January 2010 at 10am. Full details can be found here: http://www.merseyside.police.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5838
-
Tomorrow at Urbis in Manchester 10am-4pm, GMP are doing a specialist Unit open day, you can go down and have a chat with all different specialist Units within GMP, Could be good for if your looking to go into a specialist unit (Like Myself). Free Entry as well.
-
I'm currently writing a novel (crime thriller) and am looking for people from GMP to provide information on police procedures etc in order to make it as realistic as possible. I've previously spoken to one of the posters on this forum, who kindly helped with a lot of the initial research, but I think I need some more people from various roles within the Police to gain a wider knowledge of other areas too. Most of the information I'd be after would probably be quite basic (Opinions of things like HOLMES2, attitudes towards certain procedures, type of cars used by CID and the state of them etc) and some would be more procedural based 'what would happen in this scenario?' …
-
Just a quick post to see if anyone starting with GMP on the 12th Oct is staying over at sedgley for their training?
-
Got my final interview coming up this week, just wondering if I need to know alot about GMP as a police force .....their polices etc?? Would appreciate any ideas :smiley_notworthy:
-
Hi Has anyone recently been through the medical stage for Regs intake GMP ? If so can they please tell me what method GMP use to conduct the drugs test as I am a bit confused with all the different answers. Is it urine or hair or blood ? (Reason I ask is I have a real phobia of needles and have managed to avoid them so far in life and I don't wan't a stupid phobia to stop me now ! ) Also if anyone knows if the hep b injections are compulsory - that would be a great help too !
-
Can anybody experienced in GMP advise if the Federation Scheme is worth joining as £17.55 a month is a lot of money? Also would you recommend the Insurance Benefit Trust at £24.95 per month? Not sure at all whether to sign up for these things as every penny counts these days. Thank you in advance if you take the time to reply to my thread.
-
- 3 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there, I'm a serving Special Constable with GMP. I applied in Dec 08 for the Regulars. Passed all papersifts, a/c etc - but messed up slightly in the final interview. I have been deferred now, until Nov 09 - when I can take the final interview again without having to go through the whole process. I want to nail this interview - any tips? Particularly on answering the diversity question. In my interview I missed some of the diversity threads. I covered: race, religion, sexuality, immigration status and disability. I think I missed age - not sure if there are any more? Fingers crossed I can get some good advice and start in 2010 - love doing it as a Special, always …
-
- 8 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, has anyone on here been confirmed for the May intake, if so when did you get the call? Is anyone on here still awaiting the final call? Does anyone know what the process is once your final refs are completed (how they come to making you a offer of employment)? I have heard the consultant builds a file submits it to their line manager for approval. Cheers
-
- 8 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
im interested in becoming a police officer. im currently upto the interview stage to become a special constable initially and will apply to the regulars when they are recruiting again. i was wondering if anyone knows if once you become a special constable does that mean you get a quicker route to becoming a police officer?? i.e not having to fill an application form out again etc seem strange to me because if you are able and good enough to become and work as a special constable you should be allowed a fast track because surely you couldnt fail the application process if youve become a special so why do it again.....