Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. crunchie580
    Started by crunchie580,

    Within GMP there is a small number of SPecials working within the Traffic Department, part of the X-Depart and known as Road Policing Unit (RPU). I am led to understand that there is currently a small number of vacancies for Specials within this unit, and there is an advert, or shortly to be, on the Special's page of the force intranet. Anybody applying will have to have achieved independance and hold basis driving authority, with a proven track record of good/regular attendance. If traffic is your thing it would be worth applying

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Tbartonâ„¢
  2. Tbartonâ„¢
    Started by Tbartonâ„¢,

    Hi to anyone at the 'P' division. Just wanted to find out who was on here that's in that division so I can get to know a few people before my arrival at the end of my training in October. Any hints, Tips, Things to know? Just wanted a thread to be able to chat and ask questions.

    • 13 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Tbartonâ„¢
  3. Tbartonâ„¢
    Started by Tbartonâ„¢,

    How do people. I went for my uniform fitting today and realised that I looked like a child in fancy dress due to me having quite a young look about me lol. :D I take it my best option to look older is to draw a beard on lol??????

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Chaos871546081206
  4. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    Has anyone been asked if they are able to make dates for the May intake or been confirmed on it ? Induction Weekend: Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd May 2011 Officer Safety Training: Monday 6th to Friday 10th June 2011 inclusive, plus Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th June 2011 (7 days in total) Attestation: Thursday 15th September 2011 - evening session

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 3.6k views
    Chaos871546081206
  5. Chaos871546081206
    Started by Chaos871546081206,

    I have 4 days left of training and something that has been really annoying me is some peoples awful standard of uniform. Having been in the Guards Division smartness and appearance is something that I think is very important. I believe that even before body language etc.. people look at your appearance and it can effect how they deal with you. I would certainly have more respect for someone who looked smart and had shiny boots... and I would be more inclined to kick off (if I was a criminal) with someone who looks scruffy, it seems to me that scruffy cops aren't particularly proud to wear the uniform and are obviously lazy! I just thought I would ask other's opinion on …

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2.8k views
  6. Jonpaul
    Started by Jonpaul,

    What do you wear to your attestation??

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. culturist
    Started by culturist,

    From what I've read, I understand that some forces allow you to apply at 17.5 years. I was just wondering what GMP's policy on this is? Also, I'm talking about the regulars as well as specials. Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. Delta22
    Started by Delta22,

    Hi Everyone. Random question - but is there anybody on the forum at all who is currently working at the Atherton Station [L Division] *** Specials , or Regulars :D... Cheers, Delta22

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 2.2k views
  9. Cheeky Monkey
    Started by Cheeky Monkey +,

    Just wanted to say a big thank you to G division who responded to the call I made about the noisy sod who was threatening to jump off his balcony in the nearby flats.although i suspect i wasn't the only one who phoned in.even the operator said she could here him shouting.xxx

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Cheeky Monkey +
  10. TSF1546081249
    Started by TSF1546081249,

    Passed my fitness test this morning at Claytonbrook :D now just background checks and medical

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. LS!
    Started by LS!,

    When I did work experience with GMP, I spent a day at the OCR at Chester House. I did 2 hours listening to 999 calls being taken, 2 hours with motorway section of the OCR and then 2 hours on Traffords radios (M1 and M2 in particular) Somthing I never really found out was how it works for the officers. I know the system e.g call - info on gmpics - radio operator reads info and passes it on airwave. I know a few changes have happened in gmp...I know how the whol system works where you show up on screen etc and if your the nearest unit you attend. My question is- does it just appear on the computer in the vehicle or are you asked/told over the radio OR do they give the call …

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Phillipo1974
    Started by Phillipo1974 +,

    Morning all, I am completing my application form for the specials and I am not sure which division to choose. I dont want to work in Salford becasue that's where I live and work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. also after training do specials in their first year spend most time on npt, response or boht? Thanks Phil

    • 23 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Chaos871546081206
  13. Chaos871546081206
    Started by Chaos871546081206,

    Got my Warrant number today and my Pin number... may be a stupid question but which is my 'collar number'? I assumed it would be the warrant number but seems a bit long! Any help appreciated! Ash

    • 15 replies
    • 4.5k views
  14. Chaos871546081206
    Started by Chaos871546081206,

    Anyone on their induction this weekend and their OST w/c 4th April? Ash

    • 18 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. freestonea1
    Started by freestonea1,

    Hi - I was wondering is there a chance that once you have completed application or in your final stages of application for the Specials, is there an opportunity or such thing, to meet a member of the specials team informally. :D I live on the borders of Manchester/Lancashire (Chorley) and the nearest locations are Bolton and Wigan and would relish the opportunity to meet a member of the team for some honest feedback about thier role within the Specials and the opportunites they are offered and presented with? Also to identify what is their role as a SC in these areas of the County... I feel having an opportunity to meet front line staff who are out there doing the job …

    • 2 replies
    • 859 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.