Greater Manchester Police
464 topics in this forum
-
For anybody interested in applying for the role of SC - you need to attend an information evening first. There is one on 26th July - https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTI2NTQ1OSZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT0xMTIyJm93bmVyPTUwNDM5MTQmb3duZXJ0eXBlPWZhaXImYnJhbmRfaWQ9MCZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9MzUzJnJlcXNpZz0xMzQyOTAyODUyLTJmOTNiY2YxN2ZlNDE2OGQyNWQzNzI4ZjExNjExYzdlODk4MDJhODQ= Good luck if you are applying from this!
-
Has anyone heard anything about tac vests being issued towards the end of the year?
-
Hmmm if it came from an ACC which one thought up this strange policy is my first question? I would check the force intranet guys under the policies section and see if it's listed. Failing that I would query it and if it is policy as is suggested by a poster on here then you need to be putting your thoughts to the Chief. When I used to be a special you were a force resource and not contained to work on NPT. I managed to get out regularly with road policing unit, dog handlers, response, NPT and even worked in custody. I have heard instances where Specials are allowed on response (like someone suggested here) but only if no NPT are on....well hold up a second...you are giv…
-
Hiya, I have just got my Warrant and Pin numbers and training schedule for the August Intake. Can anyone tell me what LCS / Diversity Part 1 and Part 2 means? Specifically the abbreviation LCS. Thanks, Mike
-
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows when GMP is likely to open for transfers from other forces? I am currently trying to get as much research done as possible to help me make my decision to try to transfer or not at the next opportunity, so all replies will be very much appreciated. The divisions I'm most interested in are Bolton and Wigan and it would be good to hear anyones experiences of working in these divisions. Would like to know what the shift rotas are for immediate response and what the general feeling is on section here at the moment (if thats not a stupid question with everything thats going on! Also whats the policy on double crewing here? Is it generall…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hey girls and guys. Trying to gather some info on Leigh station. I'm a 2.5 year serving Special in Cheshire independent etc. Looking for a change now. Leigh is looking like the nearest place to me. What is Leigh like? Are the regs good with specials here? Do you work TPT as well as NPU? Are there plenty of specials here? Is there a good special supervision in place? Do GMP have a "transfer" in policy yet? Thanks peeps :new_shades:
-
I have two more days till my A/P. Things have changed since when I was last in, 3 years ago I never had to do a regs type interview we do now, my interview was competency based but it was more informal and less robotic. I never done traffic signals nor did I have to do a fitness test; I understand why the process is much harder now due to the force recruiting regs from the Specials and pcso's. I was always good in role plays for the regs however, I did struggled with the regs interview which Special applicants now have to do, I scraped through my interview for the regs with another force a few years ago but failed the written part,this time round I have practiced my inter…
-
you can now register you interst online to become a special with GMP https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTIwMzY3NiZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT0xMTIxJm93bmVyPTUwNDM5MTQmb3duZXJ0eXBlPWZhaXImYnJhbmRfaWQ9MCZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9MzUyJnJlcXNpZz0xMzEzNzQ4MzMwLTg0NzRmYjJhMTA4NDQyZTc5ZTdiYjUzYWQ1N2JhNTlkMzYwZjU3NzQ=
-
Basically, assuming i can get my BMI down to the right level for the next intake, does anyone know the dates for the elements that cannot be changed so i can organise around them and make sure i keep them free? cheers in advance guys, alan
-
Providing I pass fitness on 14th June does anyone know which intake I'll likely be on? The thing is I have a placement over summer until mid August, then uni starts end September, so ideally my OST needs to be in that window. Is this likely to work out? Under no circumstances could I take 7 days out of my placement, but I could probably rearrange things so I could miss 7 days of uni, though I'd obviously rather not. Second question, I remember on the initial application a question about whether any relatives own licenced premises, and I put no. However my fiancée's parents own an off licence which obviously has a licence to sell alcohol. We don't live together at present…
-
The Chief Constable may pride himself on being the ACPO lead on Specials, but when is he going to show his actual support for the Specials under his control. After a number of years in the force, I feel that the current CC is only givign the members of the SPecial Constabular "lip service". We are constanly seeing additional restrictions and asked to do even more as the number of our regular colleague are erroded away, yet there is less and less opportunities to get the right level of training. New Specails are instructed that they must commit to providing a week, generally of their paid/main employer to undergo the initial OST training. This for most people requires t…
-
Anyone know if there's a timelimit to how far back you can claim expenses?
-
Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this has been posted in the wrong place. I was just wondering if any members on here are booked in for the information evening on Tuesday next week?
-
-
Alright guys :D On my info evening, they mentioned that, even if you pass the fitness test, they can still declare you medically unfit for BMI. Does anyone know what level BMI is allowed, so i know what weight i need to be at/below for my medical? Cheers, Alan