Greater Manchester Police
464 topics in this forum
-
http://www.patrolstore.com/Wiley-X-Combat-Assault-Gloves-Black.html Aside from the ill fitting standard issue black slash proof gloves, has anyone used these Assault Gloves? Are they permitted to be used due to their hard plastic knuckles?
-
-
http://www.policeora..._medium=twitter Freeze over at last? GMP To Bolster Regular Ranks Greater Manchester Police are to use their pool of special constables and PCSOs to recruit an extra 50 Regular officers to the ranks, the Chief Constable has confirmed. Speaking during a webchat, Peter Fahy revealed he would draw on existing experience in appointing the next round of full-time warranted personnel in the next financial year. "We must make good use of them and maintain their motivation" The move is typical of the approach being either considered or undertaken by a number of Forces around the country, including the Metropolitan Police. The in…
-
Hi everybody. I'm not sure if this question should have been posted in the kit corner, however it is specific to GMP (apologies if so!) I have recently received my tac vest and was just wondering how people arrange the equipment on theirs, specifically their baton and cuffs. I wear mine with the baton on the far left (opening from the top, not the bottom), cuffs on the far right and other bits in between. However, I do find it difficult to get to my baton quickly and was wondering if others have had the same problem / how they have overcome it. Thanks in advance.
-
-
Hi, apologies if this has been asked / answered somewhere on the forum previously, however, I was wondering if it is possible for Neighbourhood Front Desk Enquiry Officers (I.e. Those people who a member of the public will usually see first upon visiting a police station) to become Special Constables, or is this considered a precluded job? Thanks
-
For those who haven't seen... The Chief Constable, Neighbourhood bobbies and Special Constables participation in a fantastic video for a great cause! Nice to see the lighter side of policing!
-
Started to see a few University specials like myself appear! Any more out there? We should all meet and have a drink sometime!
-
From the Bolton News I wonder what the apprenticeships would be in.
-
Anyone know were i can find Altberg boots in the manchester area?
-
Well, that's my application form finished, checked and sent off! Now the waiting game begins. Any advice of what to do now, research wise etc?
-
Hi all, Just a quick topic for a heads up - If anyone is waiting for an information evening, one is coming up on 19th Feb 2013. https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?amNvZGU9MTMxMjg4OSZvd25lcj01MDQzOTE0Jm93bmVydHlwZT1mYWlyJnBvc3RpbmdfY29kZT0zNTMmdnRfdGVtcGxhdGU9MTEyMiZyZXFzaWc9MTM2MDU3ODU0NC0xMDlmMmUwYjQwNTA3ZWUzMWU0YTdjMmRkNTNlYTMwYzQ3Y2M4MTZm=&jcode=1312889&owner=5043914&ownertype=fair&posting_code=353&vt_template=1122&reqsig=1360578544-109f2e0b40507ee31e4a7c2dd53ea30c47cc816f Good luck! Owen
-
Just wondering at the uniform fitting do you get to take home uniform that actual day and also do you have to buy your own kit bag or do GMP supply you with one?
-
I've heard some reports its closing/moving and other people saying that's rubbish! Anyone actually know anything?
-
Hey everyone I was just wondering, does anyone know what level the GMP 1st aid training is done to, and whether it means you receive a formal qualification or not? It's just i'm an air cadet, and if it does lead to a qualification, it may enable me to assess other cadets for their youth or activity 1st aid qualifications. Cheers, Al