Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. butter
    Started by butter,

    Does anyone know if the recruitment standards are lower for the Specials compared to the Regs? I only ask because I look around at some of my fellow Specials and wonder how they made it in with their lackadaisical attitude to what is an incredibly responsible role.

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.9k views
  2. lukeoaks1546082776
    Started by lukeoaks1546082776,

    Well finally my fitness test has come round! 7am at openshaw. Safe to say I'll be in bed straight after the champions league ;-)

    • 8 replies
    • 454 views
    lukeoaks1546082776
  3. misterbench
    Started by misterbench,

    Hi all, Currently I'm a serving officer in another force but I'm keen to transfer into GMP. I note that the force had a transfer process a couple of months back but only for substantive DC's and also for uniformed officers with advanced language skills. Is anybody aware of if/when GMP will be recruiting for standard, uniform and/or DC transferees again? Cheers for your help.

  4. Owen
    Started by Owen +,

    To tidy up the GMP area a little bit, I have decided to make a thread with questions that come up quite often. If there are any mistakes, just post and I will change it. Also as more questions are asked, I will update this thread. What are the steps for recruitment as a Special Constable? Application National Assessment Process Fitness test Medical Security vetting How long will the recruitment process take? The average time for recruitment is around 6 - 12 months. These can differ depending on how lucky you are with training dates, medical dates etc. What does the National Assessment Process consist of? The National Assessment Process consists of a written exam - …

    • 14 replies
    • 7k views
  5. McGarty086
    Started by McGarty086,

    Hello, I'm currently in the process of the Specials recruitment (recently passed my fitness test)... I've always been employed and safe in the knowledge I had a full-time career with no redundancies. Recently, I've taken a leap of faith and will soon be starting contracting (self-employed), would I still be eligible for the Specials considering self-employment doesn't always guarentee work? My contract I'm currently on is for a minimum of 3 months... I'll phone the recruitment line later on but would like to see what others on here think first?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 568 views
  6. lukeoaks1546082776
    Started by lukeoaks1546082776,

    Hi guys, on my awearness evening we were told that shifts are very flexible, i.e finishing work and having no plans, clock on for 3 or 4 hours. Is this correct? Also say for example you know a regular who is on duty from your division can you just pair up with them where ever suits you?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 709 views
    lukeoaks1546082776
  7. Liam1546082756
    Started by Liam1546082756,

    Hi, I am a new SC due to start on the 20th March and I received an email yesterday (to my personal email) via DutySheet with regards to the new Night Time Economy Team (NTE Team) explaining that for those of you who intend to apply, but have not yet submitted interest, only have 1 week left to do so. My questions are: 1/ What is the NTE team? Does anyone have any further information about this? I have looked for more detail on the GMP website but I couldn't find anything further about it. 2/ Is this a final part of my recruitment file that has to be completed before my intake? 3/ If not part of my recruitment file, but an email sent to all SC's, would this apply to m…

    • 27 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. Tupac7shakur
    Started by Tupac7shakur,

    Does anyone know any news on the pcso applications that got offered to those who didnt score high enough for the regs on the last intake?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 760 views
  9. thurdles
    Started by thurdles,

    Hey. I'm doing an assignment which I left to last minute and I need to have a quick chat with someone from Wigan West. If anyone is a PC or SC for Wigan West, please reply to this post and i'll PM you. Many thanks.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 686 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  10. KT93
    Started by KT93,

    Hey folks. Anyone else had their place confirmed on the march intake? I got the phone call today at work! So chuffed :D in the end I chose North Manchester division :D

      • Like
    • 55 replies
    • 2k views
    Liam1546082756
  11. JS_
    Started by JS_,

    Hello from down south .... A couple of years ago I made contact with an officer from here regarding the introduction of an RPU team within GMP. I went to visit them and discussed some of the elements we had done in the Met around the topic. Unfirtunately I can't remember their name to get back in contact .... Does GMP still have any SC's attached to the RPU function ? If so, would someone mind PM'ing me ? Thanks James

    • 2 replies
    • 690 views
  12. Smithy10
    Started by Smithy10,

    I've got an assessment day today to become an Operation Support Officer (OSO) within Greater Manchester Police. I've done a bit of research about the role and checked the job description, but I was looking to see if anyone had anymore information as to the roles of an OSO. I've looked around other forces but it seems everyone has different roles dependant on the force they're in. Thanks!

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 997 views
  13. andi
    Started by andi +,

    I assume everyone has recieved the emails this morning about the new "promotion" system? Out of interest, who intends to apply, and who doesn't? I don't think I'll be bothering...

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. JTeague14

    Hi, has anyone who attended the 17th September information evening and sent their application form in heard anything back yet?

      • Like
    • 59 replies
    • 2.3k views
  15. GraphicalFusion
    Started by GraphicalFusion,

    Does anyone know what the current boot allowance is for GMP Specials? During my training I'm positive I was told £30 every year, as long as you completed the minimum hours. However I have just submitted mine in my expenses and its been rejected even though I've done in the region of 800 hours last year. If anyone who's been through training recently could clarify what you are being told at Sedgley that'd be great.

    • 8 replies
    • 811 views
    special by name

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.