Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. Venesh1546081209
    Started by Venesh1546081209,

    Anyone on this?

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Venesh1546081209
    Started by Venesh1546081209,

    Hi everyone,i've just spoke to recruitment at GMP and they told me my betting is complete, does this mean Im in?someone put me out of my misery

    • 22 replies
    • 944 views
  3. Zulukilo
    Started by Zulukilo * ,

    I am interested in hearing from specials who work as doctors or other healthcare staff. I am in the process of applying to GMP and struggling to find guidance on this. Particularly which bodies should be informed and whether a conflict between the two roles is common

    • 6 replies
    • 393 views
  4. Venesh1546081209
    Started by Venesh1546081209,

    Just had my phone call! Anyone else on this intake?

    • 10 replies
    • 859 views
  5. Double-six
    Started by Double-six,

    Hi to all those officers who are attested with GMP. Can you purchase your own additional uniform from stores? eg extra t-shirts Also, can you get hold of a flat cap for duties where you're in a car / van rather than on foot patrol? Cheers!

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.9k views
  6. Popeye
    Started by Popeye,

    Anyone else on the May intake?

    • 4 replies
    • 818 views
  7. Murtaugh
    Started by Murtaugh +,

    Hi all, I have almost completed my Probationary PDP which will give me Independent Status and have been considering transferring to GMP. I feel that as GMP is almost twice the size of my current force there would be more opportunities for me to fulfil my ambition of becoming a Regular Officer. Has anyone transferred to GMP Special Constabulary? How did you find the transfer?

    • 3 replies
    • 810 views
  8. beecart
    Started by beecart,

    What is S division? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 820 views
  9. Popeye
    Started by Popeye,

    Right I have my medical tomorrow and as I worry and get nervous I thought I'd do some research into the eye sight side of things as I wear glasses. I know that you have to get 6/36 unaided but what if you can only do as good as 6/60 technically this would mean you would fail but having eye sight of 6/60 classes you as legally blind which is a disability so they technically can't fail you as it would go against the disability discriminations policy that they go on about. So would they be able to fail you if your eye sight was only 6/60?

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 2.4k views
  10. Popeye
    Started by Popeye,
  11. Popeye
    Started by Popeye,

    OK so I start training in May however I'vejust bought a house smack bang in the middle of the area I requested. So I have been thinking of changing the area I'd like to work in to the city centre. How easy is it to change your requested area? Do I just need to let recruitment know or should I just wait until I start training and raise it?

    • 6 replies
    • 718 views
  12. centaurandrew1546082782
    Started by centaurandrew1546082782,

    Anyone on the March 2015 intake? I was originally supposed to be on the Jan 2015 intake but I've been informed today that I have now been moved to the March 2015 intake instead. Looking forward to it!

    • 18 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Co2
    Started by Co2,

    Folks, Granted that most forces are different with the medical process but, Is there an average of what candidates pay for their medical forms from their GP? I need mine doing for GMP and my GP/Dick Turpin wants £165 to complete the said form. Whilst I understand every doctor is different and for some who want to join akin to going regular this is a price to pay, I am starting to question is this justifiable? I may even fail vetting. This may come across as a rant, which it isnt,but I am just trying to gauge if this is a 'normal' figure for essentially a signed piece of paper!

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 700 views
  14. Popeye
    Started by Popeye,

    Well some of you may have been following everything that has happened with me. I went through the whole recruitment process to get rejected for a medical condition that wouldn't even affect me. Well after a long appeals process (since July 2014) I had meeting with GMP and they have decided that I am more then capable of carrying out the duties of a Special without any restrictions. I was offered a place on the March intakes but I have a family holiday the two weeks the OST would fall on so they have offered me a place on the May intakes. I can't wait to start as its been almost 2 years since I first applied

    • 3 replies
    • 841 views
  15. RMCD318
    Started by RMCD318,

    Hi guys, iv just had my medical at Sedgley Park. I was told by the nurse that I had passed the tests and it just needed to be signed off by the doctor. She asked me if I was on the January intake to start training and I explained that I had not been told anything. She said that the medical is usually the last step of the process. There was a delay in my application after I sent all my information off to vetting so they have had my details for quite a while now so im sure if there was any problems there I would have been told by now. Im just wondering if anyone else has recently had a medical and been told that they are starting training in Jan?

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.