Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. Popeye
    Started by Popeye,

    I always end up getting asked what division you want but I can never remember them and to be honest I don't even know a lot of them. So please can someone provide a list of the different divisions and the areas they cover? Hopefully this will also help future GMP recruits who are unsure about the divisions and where they would like.

    • 2 replies
    • 594 views
    special by name
  2. Popeye
    Started by Popeye,

    Hi everyone, This is more of a question for users that have started training more recently (2014 or late 2013), actually I suppose it would also be interesting to see how much it has changed over the years so older users are also more then welcome to provide feedback, so can we please include date of training if possible so we can work out how up to date the information is. I have been told I will be issued my uniform on the welcome evening (for me 23rd of July) so I was just wondering what exactly do you get given? i.e. 2 pairs of trousers 2 shirts (black) etc Will I be given a kit bag or will it just come in a huge box which I have to take it home in? …

    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Phillipo1974
    Started by Phillipo1974 +,

    Morning all, I am doing the assessment centre in January and I needed some advice on prepering for the interview with the new competences: Open to change, proffessionalism, working with others and service delivery. Does prepering example like before help? Can the previous main competence areas help at all? Thanks for your help

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. TSF1546081249
    Started by TSF1546081249,

    Just heard back from GMP.....Going to the assessment centre on 12th March!

      • Like
    • 372 replies
    • 31.5k views
  5. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    Hi all, I've got a job interview at Chester House, and was wondering the best way to get there on public transport? I'm assuming get a train to Oxford Road and then a bus? Cheers!

    • 6 replies
    • 508 views
  6. KT93
    Started by KT93,

    Hey folks Quick question My better half is trying to plan a family holiday in between my training dates for the march intake for GMP Specials (Subject to passing Medical and vetting) She's looking sometime in June when I dont have any compulsory days to attend as per the email I received a couple of weeks ago, The only dark region is the Law days, Does anyone know how many there are, if they run week after week and if you can re-attend one or two at a later date if you have to miss them. Regards

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. Sibzor
    Started by Sibzor,

    I applied to join in January but it is now 4 months later and I haven't heard a thing. I've been trying to phone recruitment but the phone just rings and rings and no-one ever answers. Can I please confirm with someone that I have the correct number? The number I have is **. Cheers.

    • 19 replies
    • 897 views
  8. Theoretical
    Started by Theoretical,

    Hello, I've been checking the "events" on the GMP website to find an Information evening In Rochdale or Oldham and I've never seen one, has anyone experienced anything like this before? Would It be best to drop an email and ask about It? Thanks, Rob.

    • 9 replies
    • 646 views
  9. Kobe
    Started by Kobe,

    With interviews for the Constable to Inspector fast track programme starting this week I wondered if anyone had gone for this?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. Popeye
    Started by Popeye,

    I just received a phone call from occupational health asking me to go back for a third medical appointment. I've had the main medical and been back a second time for an appointment with the force doctor who signed me off right in front of me. So why a third appointment? They say they just want a chat, what could they possibly need to know? Has anyone else ever had to have three appointments?

    • 5 replies
    • 490 views
  11. GraphicalFusion
    Started by GraphicalFusion,

    Can anyone who has recently undergone their basic driving permit training tell me what it entails? I have been put forward for the training and just waiting for some available dates to come up. Cheers

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. craig1231546080880
    Started by craig1231546080880,

    I just wanted to post a thankyou to the two officers that helped me a couple of weeks ago. The police often only get talked about in the media when there is bad news to discuss. I was in a bad way and did get arrested for shoplifting (which I deserved) but both officers were extremely supportive and helpful. The police deserve to get recognised for the good work that so many officers do day in day out. Thankyou.

    • 3 replies
    • 537 views
  13. Tom90
    Started by Tom90 * ,

    I'm wondering what is the average time it takes for the GMP to reply to an initial application to the specials? Cheers Tom90

    • 2 replies
    • 485 views
  14. Wellgood
    Started by Wellgood,

    Hi everyone, I posted on this forum a short while back after completing my fitness test and then went silent as I found that hanging around the forums agonised the extremely long waiting times between contact. But today I received my email which read; "I refer to your application for the role of Special Constable, I wish to confirm that an offer of appointment has now been approved." YES! Finally .. I initially chose A division as I liked the idea of the city centre but after speaking to a high ranking special in Wigan over the bank holiday weekend I changed my mind to Wigan, it's a lot closer to home and easier when it comes to commuting. I'm going to be on the May in…

    • 12 replies
    • 923 views
  15. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    Hi all, I'm filling in my GMP vetting form, and have come accross the section which asks for details about your parents and your partners parents. I've been in a relationship with a girl for 3 weeks, and while I've put her on the form, I feel a bit awkward asking her for her parents' details. I'm not living with this girl or anything, any I've only really met her parents briefly - Is it needed to put them down? I'm fully confident that if I do put them down I'd have no issues with them, as her dad already has some form of national security clearance because he designs and builds robots for the military, but as you can understand I'm just a bit uncomfortable about askin…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.6k views
    johnpeter0810

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.