Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. Taser
    Started by Taser,

    Just curious to see if anyone else is on the Regs intake this October? I got the phone call this morning offering me the post - I was successful last year in the recruitment drive but was outside the 50 bracket.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. andi
    Started by andi +,

    Although I've seen loads of people in other forums with GMP signatures, and questions in other forums about joining GMP, this forum is almost completely dead! It's always nice to know someone is in the same position as you, so who is currently in the recruitment/training process, and how far along are you? Let's see if we can stimulate a bit more action in here :D I'm waiting on my medical date. Dropped my questionnaire in at Occ Health by hand today (a day or two late bloody doctors...). Hoping I can get onto the January intake, got an e-mail last week asking me if I was available for the compulsory bits :D Anyone else?

      • Like
    • 639 replies
    • 21.9k views
  3. LS!
    Started by LS!,

    Just a quick one, According to the training plan I got through today, we are due to do First Aid on 14th Sept. Obvious this is not long enough to be a First Aid at Work course so could someone let me know the content?? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 752 views
  4. InspectorJavert
    Started by InspectorJavert +,

    Hey guys- quick questions- if i did 2 shifts on the same day, with one lasting into the next day, how would it go in my PNB? would i put the first date twice, and then put the second separately? any help much appreciated

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 940 views
  5. jdb
    Started by jdb,

    Was wondering if it would be possible for some fellow posters to give an idea of what each of the divisions are like. Perhaps from experience, or from hear say. Only asking after going through the forum there isn't much info about. Main reason for asking is that I have just accepted an offer for a South Manchester. This was chosen as it is one of the local divisions (I chose not to accept Stockport as it is the division within which I live and I have a teenage son, so decided it could be a little unfair on him). After going through the options with recruitment I decided to opt for South Manchester, but know very little about the division. As with most divisions it…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 874 views
    InspectorJavert +
  6. Phillipo1974
    Started by Phillipo1974 +,

    Hello, Was anyone here at the May information evening with the closing date for applications the end of May? If so have you heard anything about the assessment centre? I have not heard a single thing yet Thanks Phillip

    • 1 reply
    • 579 views
  7. R.w
    Started by R.w,

    Was just curious who was attending the open evening tonight. are we likely to get our uniforms tonight. I only had my fitting yesterday morning so was worried that they wouldnt have it ready in time. Would also be nice to see who would be attending. Thanks

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    I'm buzzing right now :D Just got a call from GMP recruitment telling me that I'd passed the papersift and asking me if I could attend the assessment centre this Saturday due to someone dropping out (which unfortunately I can't) but I'm so happy :D Just thought I'd let you all know

    • 1 reply
    • 591 views
  9. Pindy93
    Started by Pindy93,

    Just got my date and applied for the greater manchester police specials information evening. Is anybody else going? Can i bring my partner with me? Do i need to show any ID? So excited!!!! :D

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 856 views
  10. TP2
    Started by TP2,

    Afternoon Question is probably best aimed at A Div specials. I may have my facts wrong, so apologies, and feel free to correct. NPTs work until 2am (ish) most nights, possibly an hour later on Fridays/Saturdays (or I possibly have that the wrong way round). What do we do after this? Do specials then effectively have to clock off, unless we are cleared for tagging along with response/spec. units? The most practical shifts for me are Friday/Saturday nights, and this would presumably entail working beyond 2am, or at least being able to. As I assume we can't just permanently do Custodian, and both Custodian and Response are out of the question for at least the first few…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 829 views
    morale_outbreak
  11. john05977
    Started by john05977,

    Hi all, Does anyone know if there is any vacancies for supervisor's within the force?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 872 views
  12. Guest NoMore
    Started by Guest NoMore,

    Bit of a wierd one.. I had my vetting rejected so never attended medical or sent forms off, but few weeks later ive decided to write in an appeal which I won this week yay!! they said they'll contact recruitment and notify them of my clearance but what will be my next stage?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 868 views
  13. SebastianB87
    Started by SebastianB87,

    Morning all! I'm so happy to have a confirmed place on the next intake. I'm just wondering if there is anyone else on here who is starting with me? The welcome evening being next Thursday 27th June. I've also got my uniform fitting on Monday. Very much looking forward to getting to see the equipment Would also be nice to hear from some current Specials, and get to hear what is in store for me :-P. Sebastian.

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. Tay1981
    Started by Tay1981,

    Hello ladies and gents, I applied to be a SC in Jan this year and failed the paper sift so I am waiting for my six months to pass before I can reapply and I must say it is dragging. The frustrating part is that I know where I went wrong (bad example on respect for race and diversity) and it was game over. My six month ban will be lifted at the end of August and I am chomping at the bit to reapply. Is any body else in the same boat as me?

    • 7 replies
    • 780 views
  15. Pikachu
    Started by Pikachu,

    Hi all, Just wondering if anyone here is going to be on the Assessment centre on the 15th of June?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1k views
    Santisuk1546081549

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.