Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. Tupac7shakur
    Started by Tupac7shakur,

    Im currently going through the final stages for SC but now the GMP have put a few PCSO events on. Is there anybody out there who's attending these events?I've been told that if i apply for PCSO event then my SC application would be delayed

    • 3 replies
    • 911 views
  2. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Hello people. Question I would like to see a copy of the medical form which needs to be signed by the GP, is there a link on here and/or on google??? Thanks Steve

    • 3 replies
    • 529 views
  3. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Hi I submitted my application on the the 15th of sept and i'm still waiting for a reply, I was just wordering if anyone else were in the same posision as me and/or if you have already had a reply thanks.

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 814 views
  4. fez2110
    Started by fez2110,

    Hi, As a former GMP PCSO and now a student officer with my probation period in sight of coming to an end (eventually) my hopes are to transfer back to GMP and hopefully back on to the G Division. Has anyone got any inside knowledge to share? I know the 50 officer recruitment is on going for the next 3 years but will transfer lines be opened up at anytime? Any advixe would be much appreciated Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. aerolix
    Started by aerolix * ,

    Hi all, I want to transfer into GMP, but transfers have been close all year. Does anyone have any information on when they're likely to re-open? Or at what levels? I'm a detective in the met right now. Thank you

  6. indialily
    Started by indialily,

    Hi everyone, is anyone going to be on the oct intake? I got my offer through yesterday :-) Can anyone breakdown what we will be doing in each of the below; · Induction Weekend: · Officer Safety Training: · Airwave: Student Development Exercise: Are they all held at Sedgley does anyone know? Thanks and good luck!

      • Like
    • 84 replies
    • 3.1k views
  7. ste4296
    Started by ste4296 * ,

    Hi everyone, I'm new here so I just thought I would say hi. I'm really hoping to be able to join the specials as soon as possible and was just wondering if anyone knows when the next information evening is? I've looked on the GMP website and it says there are none scheduled yet but I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything?

    • 11 replies
    • 715 views
    GMPGeorge1546081373
  8. Bass
    Started by Bass,

    Hey all, just thought I'd say hi, as I've passed paper sift, assessment centre and now fitness back on the 30th, and have just had my email for the vetting/medical stuff. Looking fwd to getting it all sorted, but as with everything it's not a speedy process Can't quite remember what division I put as my preference, but I plan now to contact HR request city centre. Anyone out there at the same part as me at the mo? Cheers, Si.

    • 30 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. mallymclane
    Started by mallymclane,

    Guys, I don't post here often, but I'm really sorry to hear the news out of GMP today. It brings it home what us and our regular colleagues can face on a daily basis RIP. m

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  10. InspectorJavert
    Started by InspectorJavert +,

    Basically, having been one of the many cadets parading, was interested to see if any of you had been amongst those who helped out with the road closures in town today

    • 7 replies
    • 960 views
  11. Tupac7shakur
    Started by Tupac7shakur,

    Anybody else on here due to do thier fitness test for GMP specials on Wed 29th Aug?

    • 28 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. LS!
    Started by LS!,

    Hi! I am 18 in September and have wanted to join the police since I can remember. I have done a few work experience placements with GMP within the Trafford Division. Unfortunately the government went and pi**ed all over my career plans leaving my only option to become a special first! Hopefully there will be an intake soon after my 18th so I can apply ASAP. Without causing a huge debate, which division would be the best to gain as much experience and knowledge? I know GMP don't really allow specials on Response but is there a division that allows this to happen more often than others. I was originally planning to put down a town close to where I live but working and…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 938 views
    Smiley Culture +
  13. PCgill82
    Started by PCgill82,

    Afternoon guys, just recieved my formal letter with invite to induction weekend at Sedgley on the 19th May :-) anyone else from here on it too ? Also what divisions you been allocated ? Im going to Manchester North (A Division), going to be nice and busy for me

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1k views
  14. merlin773

    Anyone else on this intake?

    • 9 replies
    • 989 views
  15. mla
    Started by mla +,

    Dear GMP colleagues, You may have noticed on the General Discussion page a posting for the ps.com supported Special Constabulary Wiki. I am wondering should any of you have a spare moment whether you can contribute by populating the page for your force? The page can be found here: http://specialconstabulary.wikispot.org/Greater_Manchester_Police Many thanks and look forward to reading about the specials in GMP! Matt.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.