Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greater Manchester Police

 
 
  1. Tupac7shakur
    Started by Tupac7shakur,

    Anyone based at Salford on here?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 542 views
  2. InspectorJavert
    Started by InspectorJavert +,

    Hey everyone Just wondering does anyone on here know when the next intake will be, and what the compulsory dates will be for it? It's just that i'm keen to ensure there is no clash between it, and my uni exams in january. Ta muchly, Al

    • 0 replies
    • 412 views
    InspectorJavert +
  3. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Wow just goes to show, if you put the hard work in and learn your core competencies, inside out, you can get good results at whatever you put your mine too. As the title says I HAVE PASSED yes. Next stage is the fitness test next Wednesday. I can not wait.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 746 views
  4. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Quite an eventful morning. I've just got back for my local police station where I handed in two briefcases, one of which had various items in ( passports keys photos etc ) the other was full of Pakistan cash. The police officer who booked it in was shocked that it was handed in, his words were "WOW you don't often get items like this handed back in". My reply was "well you do from people who are trying to join the special constabulary" lol. Well that's my good deed of the day done.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1k views
  5. Lauraliz
    Started by Lauraliz,

    Just wondering if there are any Call Handlers on the forum for a bit of info? I have passed Application and have my interview on Wednesday

    • 1 reply
    • 822 views
  6. beecart
    Started by beecart,

    Hi all Just wondered if there was a list of GMP divisions.... Also are the divisions split up like thhe J1 and the J4... How does it work? Thank you

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Tupac7shakur
    Started by Tupac7shakur,

    Anyone on here down for january training?

    • 2 replies
    • 478 views
    InspectorJavert +
  8. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Hi I have been invited to attend an assessment centre this Saturday. Question; Will I be right in thinking, shirt tie pants shoes would be sufficient or should I go the whole hog and wear a suit ???? Ta Steve

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 799 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  9. GraphicalFusion
    Started by GraphicalFusion,

    Evening all. I've tralled the GMP section and can't find anywhere that says this but are there any restrictions on steel or composite toes when we buy boots? Just looking at some different types and the diff in price between with and without is minimal, so might go with if there are no restrictions.

    • 8 replies
    • 947 views
  10. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Just got back from my assessment process today WOW loved it. fingers crossed

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 539 views
  11. mwe99
    Started by mwe99,

    Apologies if this is posted however didn't see one. GMP are now holding 'PSCO Recruitment Events' on the 24th - 28th September. You must book to attend these. http://bit.ly/NEqTnY Although this is not a definite recruitment, from previous dealings, these events allow you to complete an application form online.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
    davdav1545926089
  12. NovemberRyan
    Started by NovemberRyan,

    Hello everybody! Should you want to apply to Greater Manchester Police as a Special Constable, you need to sign-up for and attend an information evening at Sedgley Park. Link below and limited spaces as usual so get booked on to the evening! Good luck with your application to the police! https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTI5Mjg4NCZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT0xMTIyJm93bmVyPTUwNDM5MTQmb3duZXJ0eXBlPWZhaXImYnJhbmRfaWQ9MCZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9MzUzJnJlcXNpZz0xMzUyMjIyODM3LTI5NjBkYmZiOTM2MGNmZjk1YzQzMGE2MjVhY If this has already been posted, sorry! I'm sure somebody will delete this post!

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
    davdav1545926089
  13. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    OMG i'm so excited I passed the papersift, I received my email today inviting me to attend an assessment centre this Saturday. Cant wait. Wish me luck. Ta Steve.

    • 7 replies
    • 484 views
  14. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Hi People I submitted my application form for the role of a special constable 7 weeks ago and still not heard back, I did get a reply to say they received my application and on the GMP login page it says under review. My question to you is do I chase them up or be patient ???.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. SC Bettsy
    Started by SC Bettsy,

    Hi GMP recruitment has just emailed me instructed me that my application is @ papersift stage, what does this exactly mean??

    • 8 replies
    • 528 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.